AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-25, 11:02   Link #61
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I've been busy OK! But, it won't happen again I promise!
Old 2023-05-29, 11:28   Link #62
Frontier

It's Summer Break! Perfect opportunity to finalize everything for the Meteor Shower viewing party .

Honestly I would probably watch a show that's just Isaki and her friends goofing off. These girls play off each other so well and are so hilarious together .

Good thing Ukegawa is in the student council so the gang can hijack the council room for some lunch and showing off all their special talents. I'd love to see Anamizu ride a unicycle! But Kanikawa's rapid eye-blinking was pretty surreal .

Sayaka Ohara as Ganta's mom? I feel like he has a lot of issues connected with her and his family situation judging by the flashback. I wonder if it's also connected to why he never changed shoes as he grew up ?

Anamizu has a crush on her Senpai in baseball? Cute .

Of course just when everything is going well...a rain storm hits and ruins everything. And Ganta being Ganta internalizes it as his own fault and how nothing good ever happens no matter how hard he tries and he bails. Of course Isaki and Shiromaru just can't help but go after him .

Ah...alone together in a bus stop, soaked from the rain, talking through their personal radio shows to be open and honest with each other...what could be more romantic? Well, Isaki admitting that Ganta is special to her, for one. And while the pair leave that hanging over them they even get pretty close while hiding from others...and of course Shiromaru sees them before it can go any further. Classic .

Kurashiki is a great teacher, being realistic with her charges but also making them realize there will be other opportunities. And also treating them to all the food she has coupons for .

Was Shiromaru trying to expose the two to Ukegawa by having the food kiss? Not that he got the picture .
Old 2023-05-29, 18:26   Link #63
grecefar

Everything was going great until the rain... had to skip chapter, I don't need that depression. Sure there may be some nice scene but doubt I'm missing something too important.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 20:12   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really hope the next episode lets these two actually finish talking things out . A few disruptions is fine here and there. But at this point there is zero secrets about how they feel about each other. So it'd be nice to have them just have a chat.

I kind of feel for Shiromaru. Honestly at some point totally going to walk in on those two getting intimate at this rate . It seems destined considering the way things have played out so far.

That was rough. I do feel for Ganta. That does suck. All that effort, all the planning, and yet utterly at the mercy of mother nature. That definitely hurts. At least on the positive side the bond between him and Isaki has never been stronger.
Old 2023-05-30, 15:33   Link #65
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 05:34   Link #66
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Everything was going great until the rain... had to skip chapter, I don't need that depression. Sure there may be some nice scene but doubt I'm missing something too important.
Think again, LOL
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-05, 11:31   Link #67
Frontier

Oh snap, it's Isaki's big sis! And she's voiced by Sora Amamiya! And she's hot! And she's pretty much a lazy bum big sis who makes her little sister wait on her hand and foot while she just sits on a bean bag all day. And she has quite the racy underwear .

Well, good try Ganta trying to secure funding from the student council for an astronomy club camping trip...too bad the student council is flat broke and no amount of begging is going to change that. Looks like Ganta has to get a job .

So we learn a little more about Ganta's situation with his dad. I thought they were having money problems (and maybe they are) but it seems like Ganta can't talk to his dad about his problems or ask for anything because he feels his dad has always overcompensated with Ganta to make up for the absence of his mother. Might even be why he works the hours he does too .

Poor Ganta struck out at his first job interview...but luckily he's got Shiromaru and her arcade! And I mean, she oversleeps so much and left Ganta to take care of the place while she went for a dip in the hot springs, she may as well just give him a job there .

I mean, Shiromaru is probably not wrong that this camping trip would turn into some secret flirty time between the couple even if their intentions are purely for the scenic photography .

Surprise beach episode with Isaki and her gal pals! Complete with Isaki's hand touching an adult womans' boobs as the girls geek out over it and we get to see them all looking great in their swimsuits !

I wonder how many people saw Isaki changing into her bikini and noticed the scars before her boobs? Scars I'm assuming are from all the surgeries she had. I guess it's not too surprising she wore a shirt to cover up on the beach with that in mind, though if you ask me she still looks amazing in a bikini .

Man, Ganta and Ukegawa really missed out on a beach afternoon with the girls...the only guy they actually knew that was there was Rui of all people and it didn't really appeal to anybody .

Isaki is goofing off, Nono is telling ghost stories, Anamizu is working out, and Kanikawa...is disappointed nobody is trying to hit on them. Even though she was all confident they'd just deflect any guy that they did. Well, they did have guys hit on them, they just so happened to be grade schoolers. So....yeah .

Isaki acting all smug and confident when she tells Ganta she got hit on knowing full well what a joke it was. And then her laugh at everything and especially his reaction! Pure bliss .

Ah, so there going to use Isaki's grandma's house as a staging area for their trip? Even cutting down on food expense by just cooking by themselves? Why, it sounds like they're practically eloping on their honeymoon or shacking up! But you really can't beat the joy of them dancing at how giddy they are at realizing they can pull this off...until Isaki finds out there's going to be adult supervision in the form of her big sis. I can't wait for her to meet Ganta .
Old 2023-06-05, 19:01   Link #68
grecefar

when everything goes perfect and she is thinking she will have the time of her life in that training camp... a wild jerk sister appears.

too bad, but hey at least they can do the trip. Budget was pretty hard.
Old 2023-06-05, 21:44   Link #69
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Isaki is goofing off, Nono is telling ghost stories, Anamizu is working out, and Kanikawa...is disappointed nobody is trying to hit on them. Even though she was all confident they'd just deflect any guy that they did. Well, they did have guys hit on them, they just so happened to be grade schoolers. So....yeah
Almost missed the part were they were talking about a romantic time on the beach, it almost seemed like Isaki was about to speak up and mention her time before being interrupted by the boys hitting on them
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-05, 23:02   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm going to presume the sister is going to be redeemed at some point, because she seems like an insufferable jerk. Why is she even going? Is harassing her sister a pastime for her to the degree that she'd sacrifice her own summer to do it?

Maybe she's not as bad a she appears. But I half expect a reveal that she's resented her little sister for getting her families attention when she had health issues as a kid or something.

Was curious about things between Ganta and his Dad. At least it's not as bad as I thought. But it's also a bit of a shame. His Dad seems to be trying his best especially as a single parent. I get the mindset, but feels like an approach that will just slowly deteriorate their family relationship over time. Avoid talking to his Dad about things like this and eventually he'll just fail to talk to him about anything.
Old 2023-06-05, 23:33   Link #71
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Almost missed the part were they were talking about a romantic time on the beach, it almost seemed like Isaki was about to speak up and mention her time before being interrupted by the boys hitting on them
Yeah, I assume she was thinking about the guy who practically is her boyfriend at this point .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm going to presume the sister is going to be redeemed at some point, because she seems like an insufferable jerk. Why is she even going? Is harassing her sister a pastime for her to the degree that she'd sacrifice her own summer to do it?

Maybe she's not as bad a she appears. But I half expect a reveal that she's resented her little sister for getting her families attention when she had health issues as a kid or something.

Was curious about things between Ganta and his Dad. At least it's not as bad as I thought. But it's also a bit of a shame. His Dad seems to be trying his best especially as a single parent. I get the mindset, but feels like an approach that will just slowly deteriorate their family relationship over time. Avoid talking to his Dad about things like this and eventually he'll just fail to talk to him about anything.
I'm assuming their parents probably asked her to chaperone.

I am kind of curious about her POV because she probably grew up right beside Isaki's health issues.
Old 2023-06-06, 01:12   Link #72
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm assuming their parents probably asked her to chaperone.
Yeah, I don't know how much Japanese parents trust their kids, but any parents I can think of around here would want someone going along to be sure they didn't spend the whole time shacking up at Granny's place.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-12, 11:29   Link #73
Frontier

I guess if this camping trip was good for anything it's introducing Ganta to Isaki's parents (is that Megumi Toyoguchi as the mom?) and especially her big sister Haya, who is quite the looker and quite playful, especially when it comes to teasing her sister and wearing her clothes...including her bra, which Ganta even gets an eyeful of along with some chest size jokes .

I like how Isaki wants to make a good impression on Ganta's dad. He seems like a pretty kind and doting father, in his own way, even if he also relies on Ganta for a lot. There's some awkwardness there even if it's clear they care about each other a lot. But Ganta's mom basically abandoning them out of the blue still weighs a lot, especially on Ganta. No wonder he has trouble sleeping, his mom left him when he was asleep .

It's a cute scene of Shiromaru mentoring Ganta and letting him know he can take the pictures he wants to take too. She really is starting to dote on him as his Senpai. And she looks really cute in that outfit .

Kanazawa shopping date! Ganta even gets to enjoy Isaki amidst the cherry blossoms. And she already wants to bring him to see the sights again .

Fresh out of the bath Haya is one thing, but fresh out of the bath Isaki with her hair down? Ganta was stunned speechless .

Haya kind of resented all the special treatment and attention Isaki got, especially because it made their parents focus more on her, but even so she was the one who saw what Isaki was going through getting treated so differently because of her condition which made Haya being the only one who treats her normally and like she's not special all the more considerate, in it's own way. Though mostly it's just the usual sibling teasing .

Ganta's trying not to think too deeply about Isaki calling him "special," huh? Haya knows what's up though .

Haya just had to suss out whether Ganta was a good fit for her little sis, huh? Someone who sees Isaki as someone cool and just herself rather than someone to be pitied, which is the perfect partner for her sister. She even managed to get him to call Isaki by her first name, which is great !

I'm somehow not surprised Haya ended up ditching them to go hang with her boyfriend, but she also probably just wanted to let the lovebirds be alone and let Ganta show his stuff in terms of being there for Isaki .
Old 2023-06-12, 19:05   Link #74
grecefar

I do kind of understand haya feelings because I'm seeing it with my nephews, the minor is getting special treatment, it's really sad. But her wishing that she was only child I think is going to far.

I was suprised that she bail out to be with her boyfriend but I guess it works both ways for isaki and for her.
Old 2023-06-12, 22:45   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah, I get it. I'm sure being healthy was a win, but probably did warp her personality a bit feeling like her parents really didn't notice that she existed. Not going on big trips was one thing, but basically ignoring her school events? Even if they felt uneasy about leaving Isaki alone, find the time for at least one parent to go. Come on guys. I could see them having to miss some events since life is complicated. But basically every single one unless it was a school event Isaki was participating in? Geeze.

So I guess picking on Isaki ends up a kind of win/win thing. She gets to vent a childhood of frustration and doesn't treat her sister like she's anything special. At least not adding to the pity party people formed around Isaki regardless of her thoughts on it.

And her going on the trip was kind of a win/win for everyone too. There's less worry about Isaki being on a trip with a guy since her older sister "is there". So a bit more freedom and flexibility for Isaki to do whatever she wants. And the sister can just go on the trip she wants to go on. I wonder if the reasons she was on the trip was really because of just her boyfriend or because her parents pressured her to go and be a "good older sister" once again? Would think she could pretty easily go off with her boyfriend without the deception if her parents were that neglectful regarding her otherwise. In that sense I kind of get her attitude last episode. Probably would mess with her sister even more if she was annoyed over having to rework her plans because of it.

I'm sure she does care. Wouldn't have bothered poking and prodding about Ganta's feelings otherwise. Since she planned on leaving the next day it was the one chance to really find out what was going on there. Even scribbled on Isaki to buy enough time to have that chat. True that Isaki needs someone to be there that won't pity her. That would just be an awful relationship after all. But all is good so the sister can just go off and have some fun.

The situation with Ganta and his father is the really unfortunate one. Both sides are just hurting and they've long failed at communicating properly. I feel for the Dad. His wife walked out on him. Had to pick up the pieces in taking care of his son by himself. And his son has been incredibly distant. Obviously there are reasons for it, but that doesn't necessarily make it easy. It's understandable to degrees how Ganta would silently endure a lot of things. Getting abandoned by one parent will do that.
Old 2023-06-13, 09:51   Link #76
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I suspect the sister would have stayed throughout if she thought there might be hanky-panky after her departure. She decided Ganta was an upright guy whom she could trust with her sister. Doubt they'll do anything to disprove that trust either.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 11:30   Link #77
Frontier

Ah jeez...they're showing us the morning after Ganta's mom left him. Like can you just imagine what it must be like for a kid to wake up and find your mom is gone? And you're all alone and have no idea what happened. And then to have to grapple with at such a young age that she just straight up abandoned you while you were sleeping .

Ganta and Isaki are seeing the sights and traveling like a proper young couple on a sightseeing tour and enjoying every minute of it! Even when they don't have the proper set up to take the pictures they need, they just find more time with each other to goof off, have fun, and spend some time together. And while Ganta doesn't feel like hearing the entirety of Totoro recited, getting physically close to Isaki amidst the stars is far more ideal .

These two are basically living alone now and are basically just coming off like a young couple living together for the first time with all that entails. Even when they're separated and sleeping they can't help but goof off and communicate with each other in the most adorable way possible .

Heck, even when shopping they come off like a frugal couple trying to pick out the right stuff to eat together! They even cook together! Of course Isaki splurges on a watermelon, but it just wouldn't feel right without one .

Ganta really pouring his heart out here. He hasn't felt anxious on this trip but he's had to grapple with severe and almost crippling anxiety for most of his life, always dreading the next morning or tomorrow because he's always worried something is going to wrong or it's going to be bad...like it was the day his mom left. Poor guy just can't hold back the tears. And the only way Isaki can think to comfort him and make him feel better...is with a kiss .

That's right! Isaki kissed Ganta! And both of these kids are so flustered by it they don't know what to do next. Ganta straight up walks into a river because he's so dazed! These two really are such goofballs in love !

Well, I guess if we're saving up the confession for the end of the trip, that's one way to end this adventure with a bang .
Old 2023-06-19, 13:08   Link #78
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-02 at 05:42.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 16:34   Link #79
grecefar

I thought that with that flashback at the beginning he would encounter her mother in that trip and add some drama but then he started to talk about his insomnia to magari so I guess it was then when his insomnia started.

Great kiss, it was perfect. Looking foward to them to become a couple.
Old 2023-06-26, 11:32   Link #80
Frontier

It must be a weird feeling for Ganta to oversleep in the morning, but it's also kind of surreal to be stuck alone with a cute and cheerful girl while it's pouring outside. Definitely not the worst set of circumstances .

They're budget is running low, they're running out of food, and it eventually turns into a full-blown storm...but Ganta and Isaki are just enjoying being around each other and having each other for company, even if they get drenched. Heck, they even engage in some lewd toe-touching! How scandalous !

I can't say I'm surprised Haya would be dumb enough to post a trendy pic of her out with her boyfriend where her parents (who probably follow her on social media) can see and basically expose that she bailed on watching the kids...but dang she kind of screwed them over in the end, huh .

But now the whole gangs' here! Well, minus Shiromaru (who only appears in the eyecatch) and Kurashiki (who just supplies the rice) but it's nice to see the friend group together again and re-supplying our main couple. I also love how they were able to get Kanikawa to travel to the mountains with the promise of partying without anyone complaining .

Anamizu really not helping the gorilla comparison with all those bananas. I also love how she's just straight-up doing sit ups while they're all relaxing there .

You think Kanikawa is about to do drugs, and that's how she parties, but no she's just planning to show off her cooking skills and make sure everybody knows how much of a precise and picky cook she is. Which is also pretty cute .

The ghost story sequence was hilarious. Anamizu freaking out, the girls all running collapsing into Ganta, poor Nono left behind and being a crying mess before laying her head on Kanikawa's butt. It was priceless .

Can't have this trip end without some fireworks! Complete with a ukulele and the vocal stylings of Ukegawa! He has a very pleasant singing voice. And the song feels appropriate for Isaki and Ganta's relationship .

Nothing says "99% a couple" like handholding in the middle of the street! Just too bad Isaki's parents have finally caught on when she'd like nothing more than to just continue the great vibes going with her and Ganta .

Isaki gets chewed out by her parents, and I guess it's difficult to say nothing "inappropriate" has happened knowing about the kiss and the handholding and toetouching going on...but Isaki doesn't want this trip to end before they see Mawaki together, and even if her parents are going to come pick her up...Ganta's going to abscond with Isaki so they finish this trip together, on their own terms. And probably end it as an official couple in the process !

Tags
romance, school