AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-11-15, 18:18   Link #4141
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I wouldn't call that an excuse... you should only go easy on him if he was doing something he really didn't want to do; and when it comes down to it, Gajeel was quite sadistic and did seem to really enjoy his work
it wasn't personal, it was war.
Old 2010-11-15, 19:52   Link #4142
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think you are overlooking the fact that when Gajeel beat up levy and her friends they were in the midst of a guild war. It wasn't like Gajeel constantly gives levy a black eye and she just crawls back to him. They were in war and Gajeel beat up his guild enemy forces. So I would cut that relationship a bit of slack.
Perhaps, but it was clear he enjoyed it. So yes, it was a sadistic side. He was all smiles and grins, and didn't have a problem with it at all. That's called sadism.

Quote:
Well it does happen in real life. Sometimes a gril can end up not being able to see the guys she's with as anything more than friends; like they are so close their almost brothers to her. When it comes down to it, Levy wasn't interested in them even before Gajeel came into play (i think i recall their profiles saying they both tried to ask her out in the past)
Oh, believe me, I understand it. I just don't like it, which is just my opinion. That's all I'm trying to get out of this. I can understand it happening (believe me, I've seen more than one woman get attracted to a bad boy and ignore the good men all around them); I just have the right not like it.

And like I said, it's not currently an issue anyway, and if it happens, I'll accept it. Despite any complaints I have, I do find Fairy Tail to be a fairly good series overall, and I am still enjoying it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 10:39   Link #4143
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

----When did this thread moved to sub-section? Wa-wait, since when does this series have its own subthread !?

Oh well---about the new chapter. I certainly didn't expect that Gajeel will have difficulty to fight the enemies that somehow looks like weakling...But at least this give us description on how strong the enemy currently are.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:10   Link #4144
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

New chapter is out.

Spoiler for 212:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:40   Link #4145
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
yeah good chapter... quite nice to see a backstory between Gajeel and Makarov
Old 2010-11-20, 12:02   Link #4146
Slayerx

Ya Gajeel was quite bad ass this chapter and I did rather like his flashback with makarov. Can't allow your anger stop from helping someone fall further. Also like how he essentially says that he can't give Gajeel salivation but only open the door... though at the same time I can't help but feel it's a tad underhanded; afterall he would then quickly use Gajeel to spy on Raven tail. Makes it seem a little less like he wanted to help gajeel and more like he needed a believable spy against raven tail.

And not only do we get a chapter this week, but also a special chapter; Natsu and happy's house. It's kinda sweet too
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 12:18   Link #4147
Kaijo
Banned

This is what I mean by Gajeel getting redemption; he needs it from the entire guild, not just Levy. I suspect he'll do something else before the arc is out to further show his change to the rest of the guild who will then start to trust him. Which will make a nice setup for his seeming betrayal when the Raven Tail arc starts (and Makarov will probably be out of that, so he can't tell people Gajeel is a double agent).

This chapter also makes me think Makarov doesn't know who Mest is, and is as fooled as the rest. But I have to wonder; Fairy Law should defeat most, if not all of the Dark Guild, so something has to stop Makarov from casting it. Someone has to engage him and fully occupy his attention or take him out of action somehow.

I'm beginning to think that Makarov will end up dying here, and after the arc is over, Gildartz will take over temporary leadership (and I can see Gild returning to the island to take out one or two of the Grimoire Heart guild near the last moment). That would also leave Laxus as the only person capable of casting Fairy Law.

Edit: The house chapter was kinda sweet and interesting, too. Really shows you how much Natsu and Happy value Lucy, and how close they are; practically like family. May or may not be any romantic tones in the future, but at the very least, they'd consider each other family.
Old 2010-11-20, 12:23   Link #4148
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

So it's all out war now...damn that's exciting We'll get to see some very kick ass fights. Gazille just killed it. That was a pretty beastly move, taking the sword straight into his arm just to get close. Marakov will probably have to fight Hades too. I wonder if Mashima is looking to conclude Fairy Tail. Otherwise, why would he pull out Zeref right now? Then again, there are still many questions that are unanswered...
Old 2010-11-20, 12:46   Link #4149
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
or a Jellal clone.
I'll put money on the hidden character being this.

Yeah Gajeel's flashback was really nice. I'm glad it was added, because why he joined Fairy Tail was always a mystery. Plus it adds that extra layer to his character, very nice.

Close up shot of Erza in that attire? Oh my.

Special chapter was especially adorable. Seeing how much Natsu and Happy care for Lucy and value her as a friend was really nice. Her line on how lonely it feels waiting for someone to come home cracked me up. Lucy has experiencing the house wife life here.
Old 2010-11-20, 12:55   Link #4150
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
New chapter is out.

Spoiler for 212:
The 7th is Master Hades...
Old 2010-11-20, 12:56   Link #4151
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh Levy-chan, in the right place at the right time. Waking up to an Ezra shot is pure Oh Gildartz, why did you leave, finally the time for you to really cut loose is here and you're missing it!!
Old 2010-11-20, 13:07   Link #4152
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I wonder if Mashima is looking to conclude Fairy Tail. Otherwise, why would he pull out Zeref right now? Then again, there are still many questions that are unanswered...
To set up later events... really it is quite common for a villain to appear early on in the story; we get a taste for the villian but the true final confrontation is a long way away. This may just be the halfway point. I mean we don't even know if this gonna be the final fight with grimore heart, we still have to deal with Raven tail, there is one more member of the dark guild alliance running around, and we STILL have to deal with the missing dragons. Not to mention we likely still have more dragon slayers to bring into the story.
Old 2010-11-20, 13:34   Link #4153
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

^Yeah that's almost exactly what I was thinking. It can't be close to ending cause there's still a lot to take care of. But it just feels weird having a character who was previously depicted as the final boss appear a lot earlier...
Old 2010-11-20, 14:08   Link #4154
NoLongerSane

Really enjoyed the chapter. It looks like Fairy Tail might be in trouble with the main force of Grimoire Heart coming to the island. I really enjoyed the bit of Gajeel's backstory on how he joined Fairy Tail, with the old man giving him a chance though he was still miffed about Gajeel beating some of the guild members. Really, really enjoyed Erza's outfit.

As for the special chapter, I liked it. It looks like Nastu really enjoys keeping keepsakes of his adventures. A bit surprise that he kept Lucy's maid outfit thought. Did anyone notice the Erza practice dummy and puppet. Also, not to sound perverted, but did anyone notice that Mashima put some emphasis on Lucy's ass this time round. Not that I mind.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 14:19   Link #4155
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
To set up later events... really it is quite common for a villain to appear early on in the story; we get a taste for the villian but the true final confrontation is a long way away. This may just be the halfway point. I mean we don't even know if this gonna be the final fight with grimore heart, we still have to deal with Raven tail, there is one more member of the dark guild alliance running around, and we STILL have to deal with the missing dragons. Not to mention we likely still have more dragon slayers to bring into the story.
This is what I was thinking.

My speculation is that Makarov dies (he's sitting in front of the founder's grave with his eyes closed; foreshadowing much?), Gildartz returns with the others that left and helps fight off Grimoire Heart, perhaps stopping most, if not all of them. Hades is probably going down, but Ultear will escape with Zeref somehow (and influence his mind or otherwise bring him under her control; Jellal was following Zeref originally after all).

Edit: moving most of this to the more appropriate thread.
Old 2010-11-20, 15:22   Link #4156
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
This is what I was thinking.

My speculation is that Makarov dies (he's sitting in front of the founder's grave with his eyes closed; foreshadowing much?), Gildartz returns with the others that left and helps fight off Grimoire Heart, perhaps stopping most, if not all of them. Hades is probably going down, but Ultear will escape with Zeref somehow (and influence his mind or otherwise bring him under her control; Jellal was following Zeref originally after all).
A rather doubt Makarov would die here. Seems more appropriate that he'd still be around to deal with Raven Tail.
Old 2010-11-20, 15:31   Link #4157
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
A rather doubt Makarov would die here. Seems more appropriate that he'd still be around to deal with Raven Tail.
I kinda considered that, too, but remember that Makarov kicked Ivan out, ie, Makarov is stronger than Ivan. Thus, I don't think Ivan would make any real open moves with Makarov still around, so the old guy has to bite it before the Raven Tail arc.

Not really proof or anything, but it would make things a bit more interesting if Gajeel didn't have anyone to back him up as far as him being a secret agent. It'll probably be that FT thinks he's betrayed them, when really he's working against Ivan and Raven Tail. As long as Makarov is around, he can allay the suspicion that Gajeel is a spy, so he either has to be dead or out of action like he was with the drain.

And given the way they've been playing up his old age and infirmities, I really feel like he's gonna die sometime.
Old 2010-11-20, 15:37   Link #4158
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I liked Lucy's shirt in the Special. "Lovely Tail". Heh.

I wonder if Natsu's obsession with kicking the crap out of Erza's really healthy? It gives me serious reservation about that pairing...

I really wonder how shounen characters don't cripple themselves?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 16:02   Link #4159
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Lol the soft side of Natsu.
And more Lucy X Natsu shipping. Damnit Mashima make up your mind already.
Old 2010-11-20, 16:07   Link #4160
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mmm, love the Natsu x Lucy chapters, it's always so warm~~~ Can't believe Natsu was keeping Lucy's maid outfit and fake salamander's signature in his house xD Was totally expecting the ending though.
Normal chapter was badass, Gajeel is just too awesome...looking forward to the new fights, it's usually the small ones that draw my attention the most.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen