Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-23, 02:52   Link #221
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
Heh, she just kind of annoys me! I guess without here though, there would be no point for Jo's actions eh? :P

I believe AniDB stated 24 episodes, which I hope is the case, but have we found out what the...
Spoiler:
the white orchid (Bai-Lan) is a crime syndicate...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 04:17   Link #222
FlyByNite

Just watched ep 6
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 06:13   Link #223
dreamless

Spoiler for episode 6:
Old 2004-05-23, 06:52   Link #224
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
This show is a 24-Episodes Series. There'll be a total of 12 DVDs released in deluxe-boxes of 3's. Each of the Boxes will feature illustrations of one of the girls. The order will be Jo, Meg, Amy, and Sei. Two episodes per disc.

Oh and I cannot believe that I didn't catch the "New York" bit when I was watching the raws of episode 6--I caught most of everything else My episode 7 raw torrent is snailing away at 5 kb/s --should have starting it sooner. From the preview and the official-site though, it looks like a man-crow(as in man-bat of Batman^^) gets Meg again and episode 8(info of the official site)... it's gonna be fun^^

And really, I love the western-esque BGMs--just... spine-tingling It's the next best thing to the Violin interludes of Melody of Oblivion, I dare say.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:25   Link #225
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Bakuretsu Tenshi

I have recently started this anime and I think it is pretty decent. One thing I find really annoying is the lack of balls the sole male character of this anime has. Perhaps I am assuming too much just from 2 episodes but the guy seems nothing short of spineless. So anyone know if hes ever going to become....manly?
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:48   Link #226
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

I agree, this is my personal favorite anime so far of the season. In regards to the male character, I don't believe he is actually a lead character compared to Jo and Meg. He seems to have been pretty much shuffled in the background with Sei and Meg on the truck-thing they drive... And his lack of 'balls' is actually kind of refreshing, rather than male protect damsel in distress, it's hot kickass grey-haired chick shoots the hell out of everything! I'm actually more displeased with Meg as a character because she really has NO point.
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:54   Link #227
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
I have recently started this anime and I think it is pretty decent. One thing I find really annoying is the lack of balls the sole male character of this anime has. Perhaps I am assuming too much just from 2 episodes but the guy seems nothing short of spineless. So anyone know if hes ever going to become....manly?
he's a cook, nothing more from what we have seen so far. But then we haven't seen much of the older girl and the yonger one either. The male is not supposed to be the lead character
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 19:19   Link #228
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

well yea i guess i am too much of a sucker for "protect the damsel in distress" kind of thing. But seriously, when i first saw Joe (which is it? Joe or jo???) i thought she was a guy since.....well the fat guy in episode 2 put it in the best way possible....(hint* a cliff)
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 19:40   Link #229
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
well yea i guess i am too much of a sucker for "protect the damsel in distress" kind of thing. But seriously, when i first saw Joe (which is it? Joe or jo???) i thought she was a guy since.....well the fat guy in episode 2 put it in the best way possible....(hint* a cliff)
she's flat as a board? yeah in ep. 6 they insinuate that she doesn't look good at all in a girl's school uniform (the GUY actually looked better)
from ep. 6, you can tell that Meg and Jo have some sort of connection (also by the commercial break thingy, and the ED pictures...)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 20:01   Link #230
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
she's flat as a board? yeah in ep. 6 they insinuate that she doesn't look good at all in a girl's school uniform (the GUY actually looked better)
from ep. 6, you can tell that Meg and Jo have some sort of connection (also by the commercial break thingy, and the ED pictures...)
I don't care about the whole "cliff" thing, she's freakin hot and she's freakin awesome Very refreshing new character in the anime-world! I do agree though, there is some sort of 'connection' between the two! Hopefully
Old 2004-05-24, 20:05   Link #231
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
First time I saw her I thought it was a male as well, reminded me of Laharl from disgaea.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 20:34   Link #232
Kyuven

now that you mention it, i'm so jaded by anime where guys look like girls, i thought she was male too (til i took a close look at her stomach area, the way her hips are shaped is a sure-fire sign that a character is female (unfortunately this doesn't work well in RL ^_^)
Old 2004-05-24, 21:39   Link #233
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
now that you mention it, i'm so jaded by anime where guys look like girls, i thought she was male too (til i took a close look at her stomach area, the way her hips are shaped is a sure-fire sign that a character is female (unfortunately this doesn't work well in RL ^_^)
But you have to admit... she has a certain charm!

You'd let her kick your ass, c'mon!! :P
Old 2004-05-24, 21:54   Link #234
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
But you have to admit... she has a certain charm!

You'd let her kick your ass, c'mon!! :P
i'd let MEG kick my ass (she's more my type...and age)
Old 2004-05-24, 22:21   Link #235
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
In terms of the cooks getting maybe a quarter of one of his ball back--wait until episode 7--it's another two part, this time feature Kyohei(that's the cook) majorly.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 22:56   Link #236
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
In terms of the cooks getting maybe a quarter of one of his ball back--wait until episode 7--it's another two part, this time feature Kyohei(that's the cook) majorly.
i'm convinced that this entire series will be 2-part episodes (a nice way to keep the audience hooked but keep it semi-episodic at the same time...)
Old 2004-05-24, 23:37   Link #237
Hayato20XX
On the River Reality

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Waiting for something to happen...
Send a message via ICQ to Hayato20XX
Baku-Ten is such an awesome anime, really kind of fresh for me (I'm still reeling from the pseudo suck of the Evangelion ending) I've been looking for a nice anime where you can just sit back and have a good time... that 3 year search ended!
Hayato20XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 05:10   Link #238
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
I'm not so sure that it's another two part... I feel this time it might be a bit longer...

actually now the cook "standpoint-less Kyohei" (his surname is so fitting ) seems to have some potential to do something more than cooking
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-25, 05:53   Link #239
ravemax

Same question to EP6 as dreamless - still unaswered:
Spoiler:

Thanks.
ravemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 08:10   Link #240
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote: