AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-12, 00:34   Link #521
LaoED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I think it's kind of refreshing to see the lead girl defending their love interest rather than join in on the beatings.
Highly agreed. VERY refreshing. God I've seen so much harem anime
LaoED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 01:05   Link #522
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for ep6 - gifs:
Old 2011-08-12, 01:06   Link #523
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
We all know whenever the mangatron fires up photoshop, it's never a good thing for his waifu's, but it's without a doubt my mind is poisoned with Usami insanity, and something like this ends up happening:
Spoiler for the episode 05 that only a pervert can see:

I'm sorry Usami-chan! But I had to see your pantsu no matter the cost! *gets 2x the boot stomp on his gut*
I see what you did there, Manga Chicken Tron
Old 2011-08-12, 04:20   Link #524
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Ok, so how do people even think Subaru's a guy when her cleavage is so damn obvious in that Chinese dress?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 04:45   Link #525
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Spoiler for ep6 - gifs:
im gonna think of Usami's ass for days now thanks to that gif also how does someone with her kind of assets have trouble finding friends?
Old 2011-08-12, 06:48   Link #526
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
im gonna think of Usami's ass for days now thanks to that gif also how does someone with her kind of assets have trouble finding friends?
But in that small clip, wasn't she wearing white panties not pink?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 06:52   Link #527
Seiryuu

Not as much background info was provided this ep as I would have liked, but it still managed to show a little better that Masamune's struggling within herself and trying to change. And it seems like she feels that everyone betrays her, or leads her on only to take advantage. No clue what happened with her past to make it so hard for her to trust people (except for her sad look when another girl's parents surprised her by coming to the festival), but it obviously still hurts. And as long as she believes that everyone's going to lie to her and use and betray her, it's not so surprising that it's easy for her to "follow suit". PM or post, I'd love it if someone would direct me to a place where I can find the answers, because I don't want to have to sit and hope that another ep will come along that deals with her (I'm not fluent enough to read the LNs).

I've noticed that a lot of the characters' issues seem based in their families, particularly their parents.
Spoiler for examples:

There's all sorts of girls here in Subaru's harem (and gradually following Subaru's lead and changing it to Jirou's), but one thing I noticed is they all seem happily reasonable in the chest area. Are there any future characters that can give Boingatron a new avatar, I wonder? I prefer girls like Subaru, Kureha and Masamune, but it seems like an ecchi show should have at least one megajug character.

One other thing, will Mrs. Chicken ever come home and test Kureha's training (on Chicken himself, of course)?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 06:58   Link #528
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

still needs a stockings and high heel wearing heroine
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 08:04   Link #529
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spoiler:

But....but...i can't wait....i can't wait..for the next ep...to see Ojou-sama..in swimsuit..look like.., in the next episode..the war start for real..
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 08:11   Link #530
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

For some reason, the combination of "I'll cure your phobia!" and "We're friends right?" makes Usami a fusion of the both major parts of Kanade and Subaru

Add in Kureha's fighting skills (and mistaking Konoe's gender) and you can almost have all the members of this harem rolled up into one girl
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 08:15   Link #531
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For some reason, the combination of "I'll cure your phobia!" and "We're friends right?" makes Usami a fusion of the both major parts of Kanade and Subaru

Add in Kureha's fighting skills and you can almost have all the members of this harem rolled up into one girl
You just blew my mind.

Old 2011-08-12, 08:18   Link #532
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
You just blew my mind.
As a bonus, she has twintails, an excellent Zettai Ryouki, and apparently can cook as well

P.S - That last shot of Usami... She looks alot like Hazuki from bakatest...
Old 2011-08-12, 08:38   Link #533
Seiryuu

One thing bothered me on this ep: the low cut of Subaru's dress. Subaru doesn't have much, but she does have some cleavage, and you'd think with a dress that low-cut people would be able to tell that's not stuffing or falsies. You'd think someone would look at that and realize that the swelling in the chest is all Subaru.

For that matter, now that Usami Masamune knows that Jirou is gynophobic and gets a nosebleed when girls touch him, wouldn't she wonder about the time earlier in the festival when Subaru hugged him and he reacted?
Old 2011-08-12, 08:42   Link #534
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
For that matter, now that Usami Masamune knows that Jirou is gynophobic and gets a nosebleed when girls touch him, wouldn't she wonder about the time earlier in the festival when Subaru hugged him and he reacted?
Well Usami hugged him first, so it's not impossible for her to think that Jirou responded to her rather than Subaru.

...But in the first place, either they assume it's a damn good outfit with realistic cleavage, or the people just aren't that perspective to Subaru's gender.
Old 2011-08-12, 09:21   Link #535
tsunade666

Quote:
...But in the first place, either they assume it's a damn good outfit with realistic cleavage, or the people just aren't that perspective to Subaru's gender.
I think they are just dumb enough to not notice. The girls are busy yelling KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! and the guys busy on being envious of him/her popularity. If you look at the part when Jirou is having 2 girls cling to him. One said the truth while the others was in DENIAL and saying lol Subaru is a boy. And I say to that guy lol you've been trolled badly because it's obvious she's not a boy
Old 2011-08-12, 09:31   Link #536
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
As a bonus, she has twintails, an excellent Zettai Ryouki, and apparently can cook as well

and she is wearing a thigh high boots and has purple hair instead of annoying pink hair
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 10:45   Link #537
tsunade666

Quote:
She really indeed remind me of Hazuki. Specially when her tWINtails sway in the good ending part. Though at first the sunlight irritates me. Good thing it's just for seconds.
Old 2011-08-12, 14:22   Link #538
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
She really indeed remind me of Hazuki. Specially when her tWINtails sway in the good ending part. Though at first the sunlight irritates me. Good thing it's just for seconds.
I thought sunlight in anime goes ground up and in certain angles.

Old 2011-08-12, 14:40   Link #539
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Finally... episode 05 er I mean episode 06

Whoa, you guys really piled on the posts XD

Topic of the day seems to be Subaru's chinadress, but not of the dress itself but her cleavage . I've mentioned it before, and pretty much made up my mind, no matter how real them boobie's look, these characters aren't going to see it that way. Something an episode of Columbo taught me, and that's because of the subliminal poisoning these characters have concerning Subaru's gender.

To break it down simply, my theory is that everyone in that school first saw Subaru as a boy. There has been no hint whatsoever as to Subaru being a girl before the Jirou Encounter. Remember that Subaru and Kanade have only started highschool, meaning they did not give this school a peek into Subaru's growing up years prior. So in everyone's mind, Subaru is a boy, dresses like a butler, and is further fed these facts by Kanade herself, adding credence to the whole facade. If I'm remembering this correctly (lol) the S4 didn't split into that Committee until after the Jirou Encounter, which shows everyone still consider Subaru male because well, this Jirou came out of nowhere and it's mighty impossible to considering him credible evidence that Subaru is a girl when all this time (almost 2 years) they were fed more "acceptable" evidence that Subaru is male. Subliminal indeed, or maybe I'm thinking too much and should accept this gaff in the storytelling as comedy and should accept it as such

Ahem, what am I blabbering about. This is an Usami-chan episode! Or least I thought. I know some of you have some distaste for the story, and like I mentioned above it's a bit of a trek for me as I was hoping for more insight into Usami-chan's story and her home, but we barely got some of that, so I rather prefer enjoying the characters more than anything. Take for example Usami-chan (surprise!). Remember back in ep 05 (yeah like I would forget) when Usami didn't like it when Jirou called her 'Usamin'? We see it here when they went to the Animal Cafe why she doesn't like that, and that's apparently because Kureha has been calling her that for awhile, and when Jirou called her that there must have been some hidden shock inside Usami that the Sakamachi siblings were so nonchalant in being friendly with her, and it's this openness that Usami later explained why she was jealous of Kureha. Of course by the end of the ep we see Jirou's openness to Usami gave him a step above Kureha's friend making skills, and it's this tiny attention to detail that makes me love (Usami) the characterization in this series more so than any annoyance I have with the story

Bugger, my post is becoming too long Last bit: the food on the table in the Animal Cafe was Potato Wedges! Tasty

And the next episode. THE NEXT EPISODE. I'm having this conspiracy theory. Ro-Kyu-bu has it's ep 07 airing next week instead of today, Mayo Chiki caught up to ep 06 as well, and then there was that pic recently posted in the RoKyuBu thread of the loli's at the beach, and now next week Mayo Chiki goes to the beach. Could we be in for a very beach'y weekend next week? I hope so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
GJ, chickentron!

let's just hope the Blu-Ray can be that good (or even better)
unless, we're in for another HnA-BluRay-Fail...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
I see what you did there, Manga Chicken Tron
Now I'm the Chickentron... that's a first, being nicknamed after a guy

Still though, it's sad what happened to HnA. How's the story on that? Product recall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And Narumi isn't really that great a character either from what she's shown. She doesn't have the innocent flair needed to not be annoying with her BL nonsense, unlike Mafuyu from Seitokai no Ichizon.
I'm rather disappointed in Narumi's introduction. I wait 5 (6) weeks to see those purrty legs again, and she spent a significant portion of her screen time covering up those legs. What. The. Flippin' heck. And everybody seems fine with her existence. Next ep better redeem the "best parts" about Narumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Man, Kanade's clever. Just about everything she says has multiple meanings to them depending on the context.
I'm going to be honest here, I have no idea what's going on in Kanade's mind right now. I know I'm going to have to watch ep 06 again, but I'm so confused about what her true feelings are about Jirou. Ah, (mentally) abuse me more, Kanade-chan! I can't take it anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I've noticed that a lot of the characters' issues seem based in their families, particularly their parents.
Spoiler for examples:
The Usami one sounds rather spot on, considering it's usage throughout anime and manga

Quote:
Are there any future characters that can give Boingatron a new avatar, I wonder? I prefer girls like Subaru, Kureha and Masamune, but it seems like an ecchi show should have at least one megajug character.
Having driven Vexx to an Excedrin headache, I'm definitely in need of a new avatar. And R-15 is too censored to pull another from there, so I'm looking at you, Mayo Chiki ep 07 Do not disappoint me! I've got to see Narumi's Usami's boobies now!

Quote:
One other thing, will Mrs. Chicken ever come home and test Kureha's training (on Chicken himself, of course)?
I'm still hoping for Sakamachi Mama to show up. Preferably when another girl besides Kureha is in the house
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 15:03   Link #540
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
[size=1]To break it down simply, my theory is that everyone in that school first saw Subaru as a boy. There has been no hint whatsoever as to Subaru being a girl before the Jirou Encounter. Remember that Subaru and Kanade have only started highschool, meaning they did not give this school a peek into Subaru's growing up years prior. So in everyone's mind, Subaru is a boy, dresses like a butler, and is further fed these facts by Kanade herself, adding credence to the whole facade. If I'm remembering this correctly (lol) the S4 didn't split into that Committee until after the Jirou Encounter, which shows everyone still consider Subaru male because well, this Jirou came out of nowhere and it's mighty impossible to considering him credible evidence that Subaru is a girl when all this time (almost 2 years) they were fed more "acceptable" evidence that Subaru is male. Subliminal indeed, or maybe I'm thinking too much and should accept this gaff in the storytelling as comedy and should accept it as such
I kinda wonder what "rumors" had been spreading about Subaru when she started to act more feminine, as Usami mentioned. If rumors had seriously been going around about Subaru's girly behavior, one would think someone would notice the cleavage. Few people at high schoolers are taken as more "reliable" than the gossipers. If "people" are talking about it, it MUST be true. If rumors had spread to question Subaru's personality or other matters, this would make people more open. I think the biggest save for Subaru was the fact that it was predefined by the class's choice as crossdressing. Since they were expecting Subaru in a dress, they didn't take it as quite as big a shock. If people had just come on Subaru dressed like that without reason, they probably would have looked her over a bit out of surprise.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen