AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 15:50   Link #221
Seihai
スマイリウム

Damn it, out of all times now I'm broke and can't even afford the cheapest Santa suit or the scarf accessory that I desire. Lobby theme brings me back to the good old PSU times... a shame that they didn't bother composing a fresh new Christmas track but I guess old stuff also works.
Old 2012-12-05, 16:36   Link #222
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
TP is technique ie spell strength
No, it's Technique Point, which is used to cast Techniques. The statistic that determines Technique strength is MST, mental strength.

The rest of the PSO mainstays are Hit/Health Point (HP), Attack Power (ATP), Attack Accuracy (ATA), Defensive Power (DFP), Evasive Power (EVP).
Old 2012-12-05, 17:51   Link #223
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
No, it's Technique Point, which is used to cast Techniques. The statistic that determines Technique strength is MST, mental strength.

The rest of the PSO mainstays are Hit/Health Point (HP), Attack Power (ATP), Attack Accuracy (ATA), Defensive Power (DFP), Evasive Power (EVP).
No it doesn't not in PSO2. TP is the spell attack stat. TP in the original PSO was what was used for casting techniques. All the classes in PSO2 just use PP now though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:24   Link #224
Seihai
スマイリウム

Do people still refer to the stats like that? This is how I see them nowadays on PSO2 discussions:
HP
PP
S-ATK
R-ATK
T-ATK
Ability
(referred to as DEX or Dexterity in the English patch because of circumstances)
S-DEF
R-DEF
T-DEF
Attr. resists
(fire, ice, lightning, wind, light, dark)

And skills are divided into Photon Arts (melee/ranged) and Techniques which are determined by their (base) Power, Accuracy (Dex modifier?) and PP cost depending on their disc level. There's also a plethora of Special Abilities that raise stats or inflict status effects.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:29   Link #225
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

技量 refers to one's skills/talents, so dexterity or skill should be picked, especially "ability" is already referring to weapon's special ability, and one of them is called ability (アビリティ) as well.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:51   Link #226
Seihai
スマイリウム

Yeah, I hope the NA/EU version will just name it DEX and call it a day. On that matter, how did you build your Mag? Did you go pure ATK or add DEX? When I first started I didn't really pay attention to the details so I think I messed up. I went to 50 DEX (planned 30 DEX but grew impatient and wanted it to lv faster) but that 5 T-DEF is a thorn in the eye. It still needs 10 levels to reach 150, too, because I chose a roundabout way to get that specific PB.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:56   Link #227
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Do people still refer to the stats like that? This is how I see them nowadays on PSO2 discussions:
HP
PP
S-ATK
R-ATK
T-ATK
Ability
(referred to as DEX or Dexterity in the English patch because of circumstances)
S-DEF
R-DEF
T-DEF
Attr. resists
[I](fire, ice, lightning, wind, light, dark)
Yeah this is how I normally think of the stats. I just didn't really feel like editing the race/gender stat chart that I found on the main site, especially since it basically illustrated what I was trying to get across.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-12-06, 19:27   Link #228
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
PSO2 Vita Opening/Trailer? - Grainy Quality

I recently started picking up again since a friend decided to hook up on the game and I'm showing him around. My Hunter is left at 40 and I started Force with my friend being Hunter now and we're both lv 20 (my Ranger is lv 24, too from before). I also finally gave in and used the English patch to make it smoother. Can't wait for the Christmas update tomorrow. There's still a huge list of things for me to catch up to. lol My Mag isn't even lv 150 yet. And I have to read up because I missed so many updates.

Btw. do people maybe want to discuss about which Ship (server) to join on NA/EU? It would be very nice if most of AnimeSuki would play on the same server. We don't have to be that close but even running into each other once in a while would be a cool thing for me.
I think staying in JP servers might be a better choice.
Old 2012-12-06, 23:20   Link #229
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
I think staying in JP servers might be a better choice.
Although PSU was a trainwreck, I give PSO2 a chance. Mainly because I'm not fond of the idea about spending money on a game that I officially don't understand (if it wasn't for the patch, of course). And besides the game's hilarious state in the end, I did manage to make some awesome memories with several of my online friends that I could have never experienced elsewhere. But yeah, if the NA/EU servers begin to look suicidal, I've always got the option to just stay on the JP servers.
Old 2012-12-06, 23:24   Link #230
Xacual

Quote:
Although PSU was a trainwreck, I give PSO2 a chance. Mainly because I'm not fond of the idea about spending money on a game that I officially don't understand (if it wasn't for the patch, of course). And besides the game's hilarious state in the end, I did manage to make some awesome memories with several of my online friends that I could have never experienced elsewhere. But yeah, if the NA/EU servers begin to look suicidal, I've always got the option to just stay on the JP servers.
PSO 1 was a wreck too. The servers were ridiculously far behind the JP one in updates. A lot of people have pretty low expectations already.

Old 2012-12-07, 09:57   Link #231
Sides

Quote:
PSO 1 was a wreck too. The servers were ridiculously far behind the JP one in updates. A lot of people have pretty low expectations already.
But IIRC we could connect to any ship from any regions, EU, JPN or NA, with PSO. So connect available only on the japan ship was not an issue.
Kind of sad really, PSO actually bought gamers together from all parts of the world and even used swatches' internet beat time. PSO2 kind of reflects how shitty the internet has become nowadays, where politicians tries to regionalise and govern it.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 12:16   Link #232
Seihai
スマイリウム

I only played PSO I&II (Gamecube) offline. I shat bricks when I reached Ultimate Ruins and Ultimate Seabed respectively and stood there with my lousy HUmar.

Anyway, I say people should definitely give PSO2 NA/EU a chance because the outlook for the PSU sequels on the PSP were rather positive. And PSO2 JP is doing way better than just good imo. While it's not hard to screw up, I imagine they also shouldn't have a hard time doing things right at least to an acceptable extent this time.
Old 2012-12-12, 04:44   Link #233
Sides

New update is up, with Dark Falz EQs!
There is a scheduled EQ on the 12/12/2012 @ 20:00 JST (means today) on all ships, join the battle! (it is about an 1hours time after i post this post)
For people who are new to this game, Emergency Quest are normally unscheduled and is randomly announced half an hour before the event starts. Scheduled EQ seems to be a way to give everyone a chance to play them.

Other new thing is the Pyroxene Shop, where you can trade in pyroxenes for 10star weapons.
Further changes is the increase rate for parallel world portals to appear.
Old 2012-12-13, 15:12   Link #234
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
No it doesn't not in PSO2.
So it does? :P
Quote:
PSO 1 was a wreck too. The servers were ridiculously far behind the JP one in updates.
Depends on what version of Phantasy Star Online you're talking about. If I remember correctly, it was just about a couple quests for the original like Sunset Base. Most people didn't care anyway.
Old 2012-12-21, 01:06   Link #235
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Should I play this game as one who never played the PSO games before? Plenty of people I know on the JP servers are trying to convince me to start and welp...I have to admit it looks good visually.
Old 2012-12-22, 19:51   Link #236
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Should I play this game as one who never played the PSO games before? Plenty of people I know on the JP servers are trying to convince me to start and welp...I have to admit it looks good visually.
Apart from some minor references, like weapons and items from other Phantasy Star games, PSO2 is a title that stands on its own. So if you have played PSO or any PS title before or not, doesn't really matter.
It is free and fun until you reach the point thinking what is the point!?!
So don't let people bother you, who have played all titles in the series, as it plays differently and has its own story.
Old 2012-12-25, 20:54   Link #237
Zexas

Old 2013-01-09, 05:21   Link #238
Sides

More content coming soon.
It seems that sega is steam-rolling ahead with the release of new content for this game.
Todays update gives us new EQ, abduction and cloned, clone attacks and new weapons.
Either next update or the one after, will include a Valentines event, new level cap, new quests and start of new story (more matter boards).
Official Vita version should be out by February.

Some scheduled EQ for people who cannot be bothered with the RNG:
New EQ
09/Jan 20:00 and 24:00 JST
11/Jan 14:00 and 24:00 JST
12/JAN 11:00 and 20:00 JST
13/Jan 14:00 JST

Subdue Fang Banther
11/JAN 11:00 and 20:00 JST
12/JAN 14:00 and 24:00 JST
13/JAN 11:00 and 20:00 JST

The scheduled Subdue Fang Banther EQ is a good opportunity for people needing a fang banther to complete their +5SP CO, since he rarely appears otherwise.
Old 2013-01-23, 09:13   Link #239
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Is it possible to play this game without paying? Is there PVP? Are the mobs so hard in pve that you have to spend cash to upgrade gear that you'll eventually replace?

How bad is the grinding?
Old 2013-01-23, 11:26   Link #240
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, it is theorically possible to fare very well without buying any AC (Arks Cash, the purchasable currency).
Actually, AC doesn't give you any direct improved gear whatsoever: most items are just for flavor, except 2 things: ability to sell your items on the players market (by extention, Premium set) and Inventory extention.
Be aware however that the game allows little to no mistake for character improvements, so think twice before selecting X or Y skills (talents if you prefer) because you will have to pay if you want another skill tree.

That said, buying AC can give you a tremendous boost depending how good you are with market value of items you might find. To be honest, grinding Meseta (the in game currency) can be quite a chore, and thus you will have to spend much more time on grinding in order to have enough money to buy what you want.
That said, if you aim for pragmatic stuff, it isn't too much of an issue. However, 3 specific points are extremely expensive:
-High End gear fully affixed with best abilities
-Upgrading rare items (known as Grinding items, and affixing abilities)
-Fancy items (costumes, accessories etc).

No, there isn't any PVP. The game is unlikely to provide one, considering how it would be unbalanced (no, clones aren't even close to a pseudo PVP).

Mobs and Bosses don't really need a gear that you would direly need AC to make/buy them, provided you know how to play and you get a decent gear (no everything maxed whatsoever).
Generally speaking, high end gear is more like being more efficient, but you definitely can fare well with non rare items, especially the ones you can find in the matterboard (story mode).

The grinding is basically fine by itself, albeit it is drastically different depending if you have access to the player market privilege or not.

Tags
pc-windows