AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 01:05   Link #221
Neosovereign

Does the ending song sound like The Pillows to anyone else? It is so similar!
Neosovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:26   Link #222
Seihai
スマイリウム

What the hell? It was a perfect episode till Kai 'confessed' his feelings to Yamamoto about Mei. This feels so cheap, like Kai was built in to make things more complicated for the sake of making them more complicated. Megu's intervention felt more natural to me, why does Kai's appearance feel so abrupt? That guy irritates me quite a bit. I guess he is supposed to... oh well.

100% picking up this manga, Mei becomes cuter and cuter. For now this is my shoujo runner out of the 3 this season. Not sure if or when I pick up Kaibutsu / Kami-sama as a manga but not many shows can make me grab my chest and give in to those scenes full of raburabu. Speaking of which, I'm sure it would do Mei and Yamamoto good if they tried to be more carefree with each other. A bit like Mitty x Haru from Kaibutsu... wouldn't hurt. Or maybe it's just me but there don't seem to be too many moments where Mei relaxes when she's with Yamamoto.
Old 2012-12-02, 01:38   Link #223
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
What the hell? It was a perfect episode till Kai 'confessed' his feelings to Yamamoto about Mei. This feels so cheap, like Kai was built in to make things more complicated for the sake of making them more complicated. Megu's intervention felt more natural to me, why does Kai's appearance feel so abrupt? That guy irritates me quite a bit. I guess he is supposed to... oh well.
Cheap or not, it was obviously coming

Quote:
100% picking up this manga, Mei becomes cuter and cuter. For now this is my shoujo runner out of the 3 this season. Not sure if or when I pick up Kaibutsu / Kami-sama as a manga but not many shows can make me grab my chest and give in to those scenes full of raburabu. Speaking of which, I'm sure it would do Mei and Yamamoto good if they tried to be more carefree with each other. A bit like Mitty x Haru from Kaibutsu... wouldn't hurt. Or maybe it's just me but there don't seem to be too many moments where Mei relaxes when she's with Yamamoto.
I tried to read the manga, but it has those shoujo-ish character designs (long necks/arms/feet) that I find particularly ugly. Thankfully, in the anime only Mei's "boyfriends" suffer from that style.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 09:28   Link #224
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Now that's a surprise. I honestly thought it was Megu that was brought in cheaply and abruptly. In contrast, Kai was already introduced into the story before his role came up and has an established past with Yamamoto.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 18:47   Link #225
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Kai's actions in this episode were a bit rushed in the anime. There were a few more scenes where Kai and Mei interacted that happened in the manga (which the anime omitted) leading up to Kai's confession (to Yamato ) he likes Mei.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 17:29   Link #226
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I tried to read the manga, but it has those shoujo-ish character designs (long necks/arms/feet) that I find particularly ugly. Thankfully, in the anime only Mei's "boyfriends" suffer from that style.
I'm not fond of that kind of art style either. However I got no problems ignoring that as long as the story is good. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Now that's a surprise. I honestly thought it was Megu that was brought in cheaply and abruptly. In contrast, Kai was already introduced into the story before his role came up and has an established past with Yamamoto.
Actually you are right now that I compare them again. In contrast, Megu's appearance was cheap and abrupt. The way Kai entered the stage still felt more unnatural to me though (and still cheap) even if he already made his appearance a while ago. I guess I just can't understand the way he acts and thinks that makes me feel irritated. I especially can't see how he can throw a confession, albeit a half-hearted one, within so few interactions and within such a short time, directly against his former friend who is just about to pick up his girlfriend, the girl of interest. It baffles me to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Kai's actions in this episode were a bit rushed in the anime. There were a few more scenes where Kai and Mei interacted that happened in the manga (which the anime omitted) leading up to Kai's confession (to Yamato ) he likes Mei.
Alright, that makes sense. Well, I don't actually consider it a huge fault or so, but I hope that Kai will be fleshed out more properly from now on. And I want to see him in despair for any failed attempts at tries to win over Mei's affection.
Old 2012-12-03, 22:01   Link #227
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
And I want to see him in despair for any failed attempts at tries to win over Mei's affection.
Sadist!

I actually want to see Yamato get jealous and despair a little because I think he's getting things a bit too easy so far, especially after his thoughtlessness in the last scene with Megu.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-12-03, 23:10   Link #228
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...I tried to read the manga, but it has those shoujo-ish character designs (long necks/arms/feet) that I find particularly ugly....
I like the style of the manga. There's something raw and real about it. Of course, I do like shoujo mangas in general.

[rant begins]And I get quite upset when I see all the little tossed off criticisms of shoujo from so many people. For me, shoujo is the most interesting of all genres of manga, often giving much more emotional detail and depth than other kinds of mangas. To me, the way people seem so satisfied to complain about shoujo manga and anime feels like a hidden kind of misogynism, and I don't like it.

If we want to talk shallow, stupid, and unrealistic, how about standard shounen manga and anime?[/end rant]

Sorry to go off on you, Malkuth, when you were just complaining about drawing style. But you stood in the path of the rant, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 02:57   Link #229
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I like the style of the manga. There's something raw and real about it. Of course, I do like shoujo mangas in general.

[rant begins]And I get quite upset when I see all the little tossed off criticisms of shoujo from so many people. For me, shoujo is the most interesting of all genres of manga, often giving much more emotional detail and depth than other kinds of mangas. To me, the way people seem so satisfied to complain about shoujo manga and anime feels like a hidden kind of misogynism, and I don't like it.

If we want to talk shallow, stupid, and unrealistic, how about standard shounen manga and anime?[/end rant]

Sorry to go off on you, Malkuth, when you were just complaining about drawing style. But you stood in the path of the rant, lol.
NP, I wish that everyone was "going off" on me like that... most of the times they are really aggressive, if not insulting

On the rant, I agree that shounen manga are 99% utter trash, both artistically and strory-wise. Though, to shoujo, I prefer seinen/josei, and even most (but not all) hentai manage to have more emotion and impact, as long as the reader pays attention to the story and dialogue

Back on topic, I wish Mei cheats her "boyfriend" with Kai, but I know very well that this isn't happening
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 10:21   Link #230
Eclipze

Quote:
NP, I wish that everyone was "going off" on me like that... most of the times they are really aggressive, if not insulting

On the rant, I agree that shounen manga are 99% utter trash, both artistically and strory-wise. Though, to shoujo, I prefer seinen/josei, and even most (but not all) hentai manage to have more emotion and impact, as long as the reader pays attention to the story and dialogue
Well, you do realize your second statement can easily spark the hate that you mentioned in your first line?

Regardless of genre, there will be good stories/artstyle as well as bad ones. Try being a little more open-minded, and you might not attract so much hate/insults from others.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 14:46   Link #231
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I actually skipped a few minutes of episode 10 because I couldn't stand the bitch act by Megumi. Thinking about it more deeply, I have to feel sorry for her, because the friends that she has at present are not really bound by friendship. She has to use all kinds of tricks just to get people to hang out with her. A bit pathetic if you ask me.

I really like the fact that the misunderstanding in this episode is cleared up fast. This is one of the points that I really like about this anime. The misunderstanding does not drag on for episodes. It doesn't make me go all "oh you dumb brats, just communicate with each other already!"

All the "masks" used by Megumi to conceal her feelings and to retain her image of cheerful, friendly and kind girl will burn her out sooner or later. It is difficult for anyone to survive that long by pretending to be someone else you are not. Something within her is bound to crack if she keeps up this act.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 15:21   Link #232
Bern-san

If I have to talk about the episode itself my opinion is that I really liked it, but I have some conflicted feelings in terms of the changes made from the manga (nothing surprising).
But that's because I don't like the way they handled Kai, especially in terms of his friendship with Yamato and his moments with Mei, I was disappointed that this cute scene was left out:
Spoiler:

Then Megu, it's quite obvious that they're going to rush everything about her, she is more bitchy and persistent in the manga but it would take too many episodes to conclude her story.

I know I rant a bit in every episode but I can't say that I hate the adaptation, on the contrary I like it Props to the anime team for that conflict between Yamato and Kai and their seiyuus, I enjoyed their performance.
Old 2012-12-08, 16:19   Link #233
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, I was practically screaming in frustration with most of the episode, but when Yamato confronted Kai, it was sooooooo much better than the crap I was dreading. That was one incredible pay off.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 16:45   Link #234
ookamigirl

Kai certainly adapted to school life in a new school rather quickly.
Megumi really likes to stir up trouble for Mei.
She's really hell bent over messing up Yamato-Mei relationship.
Looks like she's jealous of Mei.
On the other hand Kai is slowly putting himself into Mei's life.
So it finally happened.. Kai giving Yamato a piece of his mind.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 19:37   Link #235
mistress_kisara

I liked how they toned down Megu's bitchiness. She's worse in the manga. Poor Momo-chan..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 20:53   Link #236
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wow, I was practically screaming in frustration with most of the episode, but when Yamato confronted Kai, it was sooooooo much better than the crap I was dreading. That was one incredible pay off.
This is exactly how I felt. It took me a whole day to watch the episode, because I kept turning it off and doing something else, out of frustration and dread. And then came that scene with Kai and Yamato in front of Mei. Just excellent. Two good guys.

In other news, every so often Kayano Ai's voice here just gives me chills. Sakurai Takahiro's wonderful voice sometimes slips into annoying super-smarm, but of course he can be great, too.

As for Megu, she is so scary and annoying, but you can see the emptiness and desperation behind it. And I think Aiko is seeing something, too. I wonder what she will do about Megu.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 21:36   Link #237
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.10
another day as usual give kai hearing mei talk about Land place then see megumi yet give kai some Land tickets cause by look she “plans” on something.

cause look megumi is bit dark side showing cause it megumi also had rough past so now being jealous mei to try “messed” mei a bit got mei bit sad til kai appear had some talk to help mei.

mei all back in doing well during with alone with kai give those tickets cue spread to school & here come yamato wonder what is going on?

yamato & kai going at it give few punch & also give yamato remind of past cause kai feel same way like mei so after hearing all calm it & yamato get it so now yamato ask mei to the Land place.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 21:50   Link #238
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I actually skipped a few minutes of episode 10 because I couldn't stand the bitch act by Megumi. Thinking about it more deeply, I have to feel sorry for her, because the friends that she has at present are not really bound by friendship. She has to use all kinds of tricks just to get people to hang out with her. A bit pathetic if you ask me.
Your're right. Being the only idol in the school, most people that flock to her do so because she is an idol. I'm sure she also thinks that way and probably doesn't trust their superficial attitudes toward her. In a way, Megu is like Mei...alone and lonely. But unlike Mei, Megu is weaker and probably can't handle the loneliness as well as Mei. However, because of her social status, she has become spoiled in her way.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-12-09, 05:32   Link #239
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Your're right. Being the only idol in the school, most people that flock to her do so because she is an idol. I'm sure she also thinks that way and probably doesn't trust their superficial attitudes toward her. In a way, Megu is like Mei...alone and lonely. But unlike Mei, Megu is weaker and probably can't handle the loneliness as well as Mei. However, because of her social status, she has become spoiled in her way.
Yeah, it's too bad that she doesn't trust that her true self can win her friends. Instead, she has to use her image as an idol to get friends. If you think about it, they are not really friends. More like admirers. The latest episode gives us a hint that she had a rough childhood, so perhaps that explains why she is not confident enough to make friends naturally without using any bait just to lure them.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 10:47   Link #240
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Hope Aiko and Kai expose Megu for the bitch that she is. They seemed to sense something. Though glad Yamato and Kai resolved their problem.

Tags
drama, friendship, romantic comedy, shoujo