AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-07, 12:31   Link #1341
Jaden

Unfortunately, the media doesn't decide election results, or when they are over.

December 13th. That's when Gore conceded to Bush in 2000. It's also around the time when electors have to make the call, regardless of the vote.

I'd expect the recounts and litigation to take at least that long.
Old 2020-11-07, 12:55   Link #1342
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Keep peddling that conspiracy BS, no one is buying.
Old 2020-11-07, 12:55   Link #1343
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Unfortunately, the media doesn't decide election results, or when they are over.

December 13th. That's when Gore conceded to Bush in 2000. It's also around the time when electors have to make the call, regardless of the vote.

I'd expect the recounts and litigation to take at least that long.
Nor any judges can decide an election, but the people.

If I'd be a judge and you would bring me evidence that someone faked and added 1 million democrat votes or you would bring me evidence that someone faked and added 5 million republican votes, the 2nd would make much more sense for me than the 1st. Not just because of precedent when only republicans tried to fraud elections (2 times I hear) but because of ideologies. The republican ideologies are simply less moral, and less moral people are always more prone to fraud. Its simply logic, it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
To be honest I thought Trump might implant some shit against mail-in votes in a plan he made for months, otherwise why would he demand his electorate to vote in person? I'm still not clear about that one, but at this point I think it's extremely improbable he'd make any nasty way with that.

Let's go again to the imaginary land, if some judicial courts would decide for Trump, I can't imagine how, but if they would, it would be even worse than if he would have won in normal elections. Forget riots, I anticipate full out war. But chances of that happening at this point are probably smaller than an asteroid hitting Earth and ending all civilization.
Old 2020-11-07, 12:58   Link #1344
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Maga meltdown is beautiful. Thanks for the Schadenfreude , Joe.
Old 2020-11-07, 13:03   Link #1345
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I am so proud of my Home State of Georgia, that this close (7,200 votes) to going to Biden and Democratic for the first time since 1992. Also both of the Senate races is going to be run off on Jan 5 and if democrats wins both, it will be a 50/50 split with VP Harris being the tiebreaker

This is going to be the true endgame of this election.
Old 2020-11-07, 13:06   Link #1346
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Congrats! You may have voted for Trump in 2016 and have almost 10 million cases of COVID-19, but at least you were able to get something right, eh?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-11-07, 13:10   Link #1347
Key Board
Carbon

He has 2 months left to grift America in the White House.
and his base will probably lash out for years

The fight continuous

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-11-07, 13:10   Link #1348
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Unfortunately!? Just the thought of the media deciding election results makes me want to vomit.
Old 2020-11-07, 13:17   Link #1349
Johnny Dy

Of course. Media's role is to present facts and discuss about them, have opinions about it. But as anyone else they are prone to biased and corruption, meaning trunked and half truths. And most of the time that's what they're doing, depending on many things. But so do we, we're also a sort of little media. We're all just people trying to voice our opinions, the only difference is the reach.

But I can't stress this enough, the most dangerous people are not those who express their opinion, however wrong they might be, but those that keep them silent until they act upon them. Because progress can be made only if we discuss our concerns and opinions, not if we hide them away. And that is the environment that people need to strive and vote for. A true freedom of speech.
Old 2020-11-07, 13:20   Link #1350
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Unfortunately, e still have to wait on whether the electors stay faithful to their state's vote though...
Georgia doesn't seem to be fully done yet according to the NYT either, and has to be recounted too, as might Arizona.

Winning the presidency also doesn't amount to much if they can't eliminate the electoral college, like the US should have done a century ago.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-11-07, 13:22   Link #1351
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*type "loser" on Twitter"
*click on People tab"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-11-07, 13:24   Link #1352
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*type "loser" on Twitter"
*click on People tab"
It would be funnier if Biden posted a "you are fired." on Trump's twitter account now.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-11-07, 13:25   Link #1353
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Unfortunately!? Just the thought of the media deciding election results makes me want to vomit.
Yes, it's just unfortunate in the sense that people want it to be over and done with already - and the media are right now trying to convince us that it is. Whereas I believe there'll be a cloud hanging over these results for a while still.

Quote:
Just for the record, I don't believe there was any conspiracy to commit electoral fraud. Mind would be blown if there was.

They'll find stuff that seems "unfair", but you'd have to blame the people that drafted the rules for that - and it's going to cut both ways. They'll even find cheating here and there, but nothing that would change the result. I think Biden won, legitimately.
Old 2020-11-07, 13:36   Link #1354
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
As I saw elsewhere, the only way Trump is probably coming out of the White House is being dragged while kicking and screaming, probably by either Secret Service or even a law enforcement agency.
Wouldn't it be ironic if an ex-president of the party of Reagan asked for political asylum in Russia and mounted a years long campaign via social media to discredit a legally elected president?
Old 2020-11-07, 13:38   Link #1355
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Makes you wonder how a third party would even be made viable.
Third-party Presidential candidates have only ever been even mildly successful if they had a regional basis of support. Contrast Wallace in 1968 with Perot in 1992. Was true for the Populists and Progressives as well.

First-past-the-post electoral systems are distinctly unwelcoming to third-party candidacies.
Old 2020-11-07, 14:01   Link #1356
Johnny Dy

Seems like the 1st Lady will continue being a teacher.
Imagine that: being thought in school by the 1st Lady!

Marty: "Madam, Jim is being an ass hole again! Please tell your husband to instruct the army to come and shoot him!"
1st Lady: "Hmmm... let me call my husband right now!"
Jim: "Wha...!?"
*ring, ring*
Biden: "Hey, darling!"
1st Lady: "Hey... We got here a smart ass who thinks he's people! Can you send the army to deal with him quick?"
Biden: "Funny. Put me on speaker!... Am I on speaker? Good. What's his name? Jim? I'm gonna send 3 of my secret service guys, we don't need the army for that. They've got laser guns and everything. Tell him to say his prayer, this is his last day."
Jim: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll be good, I'll do whatever you say, I swear!"
Biden: " One problem solved."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
It would be funnier if Biden posted a "you are fired." on Trump's twitter account now.
Old 2020-11-07, 14:26   Link #1357
The Green One

CNN just called Nevada for Biden as well.
Old 2020-11-07, 14:39   Link #1358
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
CNN just called Nevada for Biden as well.
Georgia will be called soon as well.
Old 2020-11-07, 14:46   Link #1359
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

My prediction for the next 24 hours, liquor will disappear from store shelves, no doubt the work of aliens >_<
Old 2020-11-07, 15:38   Link #1360
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Yes, it's just unfortunate in the sense that people want it to be over and done with already - and the media are right now trying to convince us that it is.
Looking at what most of the data analysts were saying: Arizona was called too soon but Nevada and Pennsylvania could have reasonably been called much earlier, probably on Wednesday night. This was basically from a calculation on what votes had already counted and what types of votes remained.

If we take a step back though. If all states had started counting mail votes in advance and have all in person votes counted very quickly such that nearly all states could have had near complete results within a few hours of polls closing that would have made the media's life a lot simpler because the degree of uncertainty would have been reduced massively.

Quote:
Whereas I believe there'll be a cloud hanging over these results for a while still.
Well, until Trump concedes there's going to be a cloud.
Closed Thread