AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 1 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 38.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-03-14, 05:07   Link #21
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

So who else want to see Ren wielding dual swords?
Old 2019-03-14, 06:08   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Need a remarkable amount of maturity to put up with his terrible personality. Does make me respect everyone who does support him though. They are not taking the easy road.
Does it really take that much effort and 'maturity' to not treat a guy like shit?

Quote:
The real tragedy of this setting is that Naofumi despite all his issues is the least troublesome of the heroes. He'll bleed you dry financially, but at least he draws the line somewhere. About the only person with some degree of common sense.
Yeah, it's kind of amazing that despite all the bullshit he has to go through he still has the heart to be nice to people and help them out, despite the fact that he's struggling to feed himself and maintain his own equipment.

Quote:
Rough spot for Melty. No doubt as someone who is bound to take the throne she's going to have to be able to deal with people who have terrible personalities. And she's going to be left cleaning up messes that aren't her fault. It's a tough spot for her now, but she seems to have a good head on her shoulders.
Those "messes" are her dad's fault, not Naofumi.

I guess it's because he's a dude. Dudes should just suck it up and accept all abuse and never be affected by anything. What is he, some kind of pussy that has emotions? Trauma? What's that? No you just have a rotten personality. Wounds? Scars? What are those even? What a wimp.
Old 2019-03-14, 06:27   Link #23
Ultragunner

did Filo get to finish her lunch at all? poor girl, Naofumi has been mean to her this episode
Old 2019-03-14, 06:31   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Didn't he buy her a skewer?
Old 2019-03-14, 14:41   Link #25
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

When Filo interrupted what could’ve been a very beautiful moment, I had on overwhelming urge to purchase an industrial sized deep fryer along with 1kg worth of breadcrumbs, eggs and flour.

KFC, anyone?
Old 2019-03-14, 19:10   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
When Filo interrupted what could’ve been a very beautiful moment, I had on overwhelming urge to purchase an industrial sized deep fryer along with 1kg worth of breadcrumbs, eggs and flour.

KFC, anyone?
You don't eat Filo. Filo eats you.
Old 2019-03-14, 21:17   Link #27
Twi

You joke, but the anime plays down just how gluttonous she is. She would have even eaten the other wild chocobos.
Old 2019-03-14, 21:47   Link #28
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
You joke, but the anime plays down just how gluttonous she is. She would have even eaten the other wild chocobos.
The anime did mention she wanted to eat they other Filolial. What they did not show was her desire to eat the decaying zombie dragon, both before and after it was reanimated.
Old 2019-03-14, 22:44   Link #29
The Green One

Well when they call Filo an omnivore they mean it.
Old 2019-03-14, 23:42   Link #30
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Yeah, that was totally a confession. Problem is, Naofumi will have to explain her that he can't take her in a world where demi humans don't exist. Unless they happen to find some form of powerful disguise magic.
Or she's ready to spend the rest of her life pretending to be a cosplayer, I guess .
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
So who else want to see Ren wielding dual swords?
Could they really get that on-the-nose? Then again, I keep hoping he'll meet up with the blacksmith just because he's basically Agil .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Those "messes" are her dad's fault, not Naofumi.
Yeah, poor Melty has to clean up the mess the rest of her family made. I mean, she seems pretty mature for her age and willing to do fulfill her obligations as presumptive heir, but her reaction to Naofumi being so dismissive of her shows she's still a little girl with a lot on her shoulders .
Old 2019-03-15, 00:17   Link #31
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Naofumi's attack has increased from 1 to 5! Amusing. And unrelated to the rest of the post.

People have commented on the different summoned heroes each being a different 'type' of protagonist. I'm reminded of a thread elsewhere about people commenting about the stereotypes of isekai in different countries — namely, Japanese vs Chinese vs Korean. And the Japanese stereotype was something like, "Don't let anyone find out about my super powers, at least until someone 'accidentally' finds out and lets everyone know that all these amazing events that made the world a better place were all done by me."

(Overall summary of the stereotypes was that the Japanese isekai wanted to keep his powers hidden while saving everyone, the Chinese isekai wanted everyone to know about how great he was while he crushed anyone who opposed him, and the Korean isekai just wanted to grind for more money/power.)

So yeah, Itsuki is falling into that stereotype pretty well. He wants to be the, "I'm just an ordinary adventurer who just happened to save your kingdom." And then get praised when everyone finds out it was really him who did it all. That might also relate to why he went to the neighboring kingdom to overthrow the ruler, as the people in Melromarc are too likely to recognize him (which he totally also loves, based on his behavior before the prior wave).
Old 2019-03-15, 08:27   Link #32
Magewolf

Naofumi and Ren are about equal in unintended side effects I think. Ren was just trying to do a good deed and it had apparently unexpected to anyone consequences. While Naofumi did something morally repugnant out of "necessity" and became a walking advertisement for slavery. Who is actually worse?

This goes back to how people were saying that this show could not be a wish fulfillment story since Naofumi was getting shit on so hard at the start of it. I hope they can see the worm turning now.
Old 2019-03-15, 11:36   Link #33
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Naofumi and Ren are about equal in unintended side effects I think. Ren was just trying to do a good deed and it had apparently unexpected to anyone consequences. While Naofumi did something morally repugnant out of "necessity" and became a walking advertisement for slavery. Who is actually worse?

This goes back to how people were saying that this show could not be a wish fulfillment story since Naofumi was getting shit on so hard at the start of it. I hope they can see the worm turning now.
This kind of depends on how badly the higher-ranking individuals treat demi-humans, or how polarized they are. It's not that easy to convince a person to switch their opinion on something like slavery, no matter how awesome a hero with a slave is. Seem to me, as I said before, like he'll not encourage more people to buy slaves as much as he'll encourage more people who buy slaves to aim for uses that are less deliberately harmful and treatments that are more favorable. He doesn't have the power to stop slavery, but he'll at least make it more likely that those who are enslaved won't be tortured for the sake of torture like Raphtalia was. Even if a few people who'd been open to the use of slavery decide to go ahead and buy because of Raphtalia's performance, again we'll be increasing the slave owners who will take care in their treatment of slaves. This will at least give them a better chance of surviving long enough to see some kind of change.
Old 2019-03-15, 12:06   Link #34
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Its even more amusing to see that the nobles who shit on the shield hero for the slave deal are acting like raging hypocrites by doing the same, in the hopes to score a Filo or a Raphtalia.
Old 2019-03-16, 19:51   Link #35
Twi

The Nobles don't care that Shield Hero got a Slave. The only ones who raised a ruckus were the other heroes and the King, who you know is overstepping his bounds. The nobles just don't like Shield Hero and will use any opportunity to smear mud on his face because its a church of three heroes, not four.

As for damage done, Naofumi is using his Slaves specifically for combat and they're getting credit for that. So that's what they'll be using them for. I'm not whining about him getting a slave to survive because he literally couldn't survive on his own at the time. I don't like that he gets to throw stones while living in a glass house, and that the show itself doesn't want to acknowledge that but they brought up the fact that he is making things worse in his own way.
Old 2019-03-16, 20:49   Link #36
The Green One

The Nobles, King and Princess included, couldn't give less of a fuck about Nafoumi having a slave. Melomarc has active slave trading going on that no one is making any real effort to address. What the King and Princess are going off about is someone is actively helping Nafoumi survive in this world. The "outrage" about Raphatalia being a slave is simply the public excuse. The goal is to strip Nafoumi of any and all support and let him die off in the waves in disgrace and agony while they watch and laugh.