Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-12, 16:25   Link #501
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Luxion isn't really tsundere though, just brutally honest.
All the best tsuns are brutal and honest (at least in their publicly-voiced evaluations of their Significant Other).
Old 2022-06-12, 16:38   Link #502
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
You're generalizing Asians with that statement. It would have been better to say the writer is Japanese which has a culture of giving importance to family honor. Not all Asian countries follow that belief. Here in the Philippines family is more important than anything else and would certainly not throw away a family member just to maintain their reputation.
I am an Indian, and here it wouldn't be odd to hear how Parents either disown or even outright kill their children just to maintain the family honor (especially in the case of a girl, in which case there is also the option of forcefully marrying her away to a different family).
Similar cases have happened in many Muslim countries (like Pakistan or Bangladesh) as well.
You can say that, atleast 50-60% of Asian would try to preserve family honor even at the cost of the life of a family member.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 17:12   Link #503
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, Leon saved Ange on his motorcycle (and Luxion took off that guy's mustache), Livia confessed and the main enemy will appear, to see how they animate what follows.
She asks; Is the anime going to have a 2nd season?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 17:22   Link #504
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
When the hell was any of this stated?
Next episode maybe? I'm guessing he's one of those people who doesn't actually watch the anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
All the best tsuns are brutal and honest (at least in their publicly-voiced evaluations of their Significant Other).
Now I'm curious what tsunderes you're even referring to. They're usually brutal because they can't be honest, though classic tsundere tend to be a bit more complex. I could see someone calling Leon tsundere, Luxion not so much.

That aside, you should delete those spoilers.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 17:51   Link #505
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a great episode. The main characters mended their relationship, and Livia even confessed to boot and made it clear she thinks her game love interests are trash. Leon can't hide behind the mob excuse anymore.

The reveal that Leon overprotecting Livia allowed her to focus on studying magic and awaken her powers early was nice.
Old 2022-06-12, 21:03   Link #506
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's nice that something good came from the over-protectiveness. And really nice to see Livia get to do something. Finally did something to give her a bit of confidence. Even managed to give a very determined confession as well. Not taking any of this "mob character" nonsense from Leon.
Old 2022-06-13, 01:44   Link #507
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's nice that something good came from the over-protectiveness.
If one reads the "Marie Route" spin-off, they would learn how important that one fact is compared what was supposed to happen in the Game plot.

Old 2022-06-13, 10:58   Link #508
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a great episode. The main characters mended their relationship, and Livia even confessed to boot and made it clear she thinks her game love interests are trash. Leon can't hide behind the mob excuse anymore.

The reveal that Leon overprotecting Livia allowed her to focus on studying magic and awaken her powers early was nice.
It's funny that maybe Olivia have the same opinion on the 5 idiots in the game but couldn't voice it because she's not as confident in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
What you describe doesn't sound like a Tsundere at all.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-13, 11:24   Link #509
Tenzen12

If she really thought so, it would basically make her as much profiteer as Marie.

Also Luxion definitely isn't tsundere. For that you need at least little of "dere".
Old 2022-06-13, 14:31   Link #510
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Also Luxion definitely isn't tsundere. For that you need at least little of "dere".
Its the fault of the Direction of the Anime.

Old 2022-06-13, 14:49   Link #511
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
If one reads the "Marie Route" spin-off, they would learn how important that one fact is compared what was supposed to happen in the Game plot.
I tried reading a bit of Marie route but it doesn't really fix the fact most of the lore is a shitpost; it just throws a bunch more shitposting into the mix to make sure Leon won't get cucked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Its the fault of the Direction of the Anime.
You can't do much better than Akira Ishida. I didn't get that Luxion was remotely tsundere in the source either.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-13, 15:21   Link #512
Wandering Soul

Looks like Leon finally can't rely on his old mob excuse anymore, especially now that Livia confessed to him and made it clear she doesn't have a high opinion on the game love interests. Hopefully she never finds out the original course of her life was.
Old 2022-06-13, 21:26   Link #513
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

As much as I like the narrative points & events of this episode, I really don't like all the "talking is a free action"-moments. It almost took me out of the story entirely. Really annoying.

Like, all the monsters were supposed to be flying wild & attacking the cruise ship based on what the dukedom princess said, but they only did it when it's convenient for the plot. Whenever Angie & Livia have heart-to-heart talks or inner thoughts, the monsters were conveniently flying around like grunts from Bruce Lee movies instead of attacking. I have criticized Shield Hero for the exact same sin in the past and it's only fair to treat this episode the same.

Other than that, I don't have much beef with it. Just hoping that Leon finally snaps out of it after Livia's outburst.
Old 2022-06-13, 22:32   Link #514
larethian

What moved me was the strength of the bond between Angie and Livia. With that kind of setup, no one should have any complaints about the 2 of them being married to Leon at the same time. And if the scene of Angie's dying thoughts wasn't a realization of her feelings towards Leon, I don't know what that is. And with the rate of his promotion, pretty sure Leon is headed to being no. 2 in the kingdom one day.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 07:07   Link #515
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Like, all the monsters were supposed to be flying wild & attacking the cruise ship based on what the dukedom princess said, but they only did it when it's convenient for the plot. Whenever Angie & Livia have heart-to-heart talks or inner thoughts, the monsters were conveniently flying around like grunts from Bruce Lee movies instead of attacking. I have criticized Shield Hero for the exact same sin in the past and it's only fair to treat this episode the same.
About that. The princess said the monsters would be attacking her, the caster. So why did Leon not put her on his bike to lure them away and then just drop her off somewhere? I know he has a no-killing rule but she brought it on herself.
Old 2022-06-14, 07:14   Link #516
magnuskn

Quote:
I know he has a no-killing rule but she brought it on herself.
You answered your question in the same sentence you posed it.
Old 2022-06-14, 07:19   Link #517
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
You answered your question in the same sentence you posed it.
The luring the monsters away using her as bait part still applies. He doesn't have to dump her if he doesn't want to. Letting her stay on the ship with the students seems idiotic.
Old 2022-06-14, 08:20   Link #518
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Leon might find it hard to keep her alive even if she uses her as bait on his bike. She might get killed that way. Plus he was just gonna buy time until Partner arrives. Going away from the ship seems like a bad idea when his reinforcement is close and he can get Arroganz to do a counterattack.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 09:07   Link #519
maximilianjenus
[E]

going by my memory of the novels, i think the anime got that line wrong, tho maybe the japanese audio is right and the subs are wrong.
Spoiler for modified content:
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 15:33   Link #520
Huh...?

Quote:
The luring the monsters away using her as bait part still applies. He doesn't have to dump her if he doesn't want to. Letting her stay on the ship with the students seems idiotic.
Dumping Hertrude away to luring the monsters away won't really work.

As Hertrude had released the monsters from her control, meaning that while they would target the one who was controlling them first. That doesn't mean they would leave everyone else around just to target her.

The monsters would target anyone around even the army of the principality.

Tags
harem