AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-12-15, 08:52   Link #601
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
I hear u can block to an exstent how do u do that again?
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 11:34   Link #602
El_Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
I hear u can block to an exstent how do u do that again?
press up and down quickly. And if that doesn't work it's the other way around
El_Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 16:16   Link #603
Kikuchi

Both work.

That being said, i am simply amazed at the fact you can block ANYTHING coming to you. I mean, even Destroy's deadly über 4-shot red&blue beam or the Lohengrin gate beam!
With the Akatsuki you can even REFLECT those. It's plain ridiculous.

It's okay and cool to be able to block beams and all, but where coolness stops, ridiculous takes over.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 16:19   Link #604
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

also im having an issue using the dragoons of sf what the hell am i doin wrong cant evn get em to deploy let alone know how to use the second sub weapon.e

Edit n/m when i changed the control config i srewed it up i fixed it

Last edited by Meehlimo; 2006-12-15 at 16:37.
Old 2006-12-15, 17:32   Link #605
dkrandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Both work.

That being said, i am simply amazed at the fact you can block ANYTHING coming to you. I mean, even Destroy's deadly über 4-shot red&blue beam or the Lohengrin gate beam!

It's okay and cool to be able to block beams and all, but where coolness stops, ridiculous takes over.
speaking of that... i really dont know how the h3ck they will improve gundams in the next sequal... what Akatsukis 360 shield will block and reflect beams? i really dont think they can improve the gundams unless they add something like HYPER SEED where you can destroy +50 gundams in a mere second... i really hope they dont try to improve gundams, let alone make a next sequel, yet if they do... i hope they try to make the new characters at least get hurt alittle... i mean in destiny.. SF + IF didnt even get hurt... i mean i expected kira to get hurt since athrun didnt with regular justice...

but if they do intend to continue gsd+whatever i hope they have a plot where some of both earth and zaft have some people that detest the main characters. Athrun,Kira,Lacus,Andy,Shinn, Luna, Orb main characters etc. it would be AWESOME to see earth + zaft go up against orb or something, and that instead of modifying humans they modify coordinators even more created something stronger than kira...

just a little crazy talk in the 2nd paragraph lol
dkrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 19:56   Link #606
Mekkimaru
Messatsu!

Can anyone confirm if this game supports progressive scan mode?

-Mekki
Mekkimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 20:39   Link #607
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Both work.

The only thing you cant block is the HUGE black MS, not sure what its called since I haven't finished GSD yet, but its the one Stellar pilots, the 2000 life one. You cannot block or deflect its charge up =]

And too be honest, not many people actually block in duels, or even attempt it alone.
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 20:52   Link #608
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
The only thing you cant block is the HUGE black MS, not sure what its called since I haven't finished GSD yet, but its the one Stellar pilots, the 2000 life one. You cannot block or deflect its charge up =]
you must be talking about Destroy Gundam?

Quote:
And too be honest, not many people actually block in duels, or even attempt it alone.
Um...the people I play against sure block a lot.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 20:58   Link #609
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Whats the max level ur character can go up 2?
Old 2006-12-15, 21:27   Link #610
M L Monster
三尉

I don't really lik blocking, I'm too used to the playstyle in Federation vs Zeon so i just dash left or right to avoid attacks.

Strike Noir is awesome with its Noir-go-round attack. I managed to get 150 kills in Challege F mode
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 08:10   Link #611
dkrandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
Whats the max level ur character can go up 2?
level 50 = max
dkrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 10:08   Link #612
Ansa

Another thing, why no love for TM's GOOD songs? This game has Ignited, the first game had Invoke but honestly why no love for Meteor/Vestige? Or even Zips?

Although seriously thankful they added in the 4th ed as well as Honoo no Tobira. And personaly would have prefered Meer's Emotion rather then her version of Quiet Night... but that's personal preference...

Although I do have to comment on one thing, Haine's first bad mission is SUCH sweet revenge it's not even funny.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 11:20   Link #613
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
you must be talking about Destroy Gundam?
Um...the people I play against sure block a lot.
Yea, I mean Destroy Gundam.

Well, here in Hong Kong, no one even bothers with blocking at the arcade, given the joystick is kinda difficult I suppose.
And Strike-Noir's cartwheel attack is really strong.
Old 2006-12-16, 17:51   Link #614
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Does anyone find some of these levels a lil rediculous the lifepod one and one of dearkas? i can remember wit the 6 calamities then nuke windoms launcher strikes then the same group wit a buster r u kiding me? thats level is just to test ur stamina its so dumb.
Old 2006-12-16, 18:33   Link #615
Kikuchi

You sure as hell CAN block Destroy charge attack. That's why I meant earlier by "über 4-shot red&blue beam".

You can block it and you can even REFLECT it with Akatsuki. The only thing is that even though you block/reflect it, it will still blow up every other thing in range. Same goes with the Lohengrin Gate.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 19:19   Link #616
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Akatsuki reflects all beam weapons in the game, shields block almost everything in the game...Power with a melee attack may work against shields.

Just went to the arcades, my friend's a little too competitive and challenged me around 5 times. Use I-Justice and won two games against his Destiny and the second game, he surprised me using Power.
Last three games, he tried Strike Freedom, owned the 3 last games with Legend(dragoon rush). Oh, beat some guy using I-Justing vs I-Justice.
Now what I'm wondering, probbably the strongest MS in the game is the Strike Freedom but I actually play much better with the Infinite Justice..

Individually and mid range, I don't like the Strike Noir. The cartwheel attack is amazingly easy to avoid but the railguns on the wings are surprisingly fast!
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 22:05   Link #617
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Except Destroy's charge up =]
People say S.Freedom is really strong, but I personally dont like it, I think I.Justice is better as well.
I find it hard to do melee on Strike Noir, since his cartwheel like stops my in my tracks lol.
Old 2006-12-16, 22:34   Link #618
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

What do u do on kiras 7th mission i blew up strike freedom and then strikes just keep comming endlessly what do i do?
Old 2006-12-17, 01:16   Link #619
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
Except Destroy's charge up =]
People say S.Freedom is really strong, but I personally dont like it, I think I.Justice is better as well.
I find it hard to do melee on Strike Noir, since his cartwheel like stops my in my tracks lol.
For sure I know I've block that move(Chest shot right?). When you are blocking that beam and let go of the button, your MS will stay blocked unit the fire is done...or if you boost is done. The only attack that cannot really be blocked are the hand beams.

Simplest way for the Strike Noir is the to run parallel to it, when its done the cartwheel, shoot it at mid range, or use your sword when close range.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 05:26   Link #620
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Yea I know, but from far and if the guy is good, he could go the opposite direction making you eat all his cartwheel bullets =]