AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 09:37   Link #81
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Big question, who is the Seiyuu for Athena? It should be in the scans, but I don't recognize that name...

EDIT:

Never mind I found it- Ayako Kawasumi would be voicing Athena.
Not sure why there'd be any doubt. She played Athena in season 2 as well.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 09:42   Link #82
Midonin
Last Engage

An experimentalish anthology series? Okay, now I'm interested. I love non-linear stuff like this.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 10:17   Link #83
GlassesLady
dat apple

Well, this sounds... unusual. o_O But if it's anything like CTMEOY, I'll probably like it.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 13:35   Link #84
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Seriously, is it so hard to do the End of the world arc and then do this bull? Either way, It could be interesting the problem I have with it is the one mentioned above. I'll probably only watch for the A-tan routes anyway.

Though..the biggest problem I see facing this show is..how are they going to introduce Athena to the storyline?(I haven't watched CTMEOY and don't plan to so if she's already been introduced ignore this part of the post please)I just hope the producers/director/writers don't just just going to gloss over Athena's entire arc for this season and if they do then don't show it as a new season like HnG:End of the world arc.
Old 2013-03-05, 15:23   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not sure why there'd be any doubt. She played Athena in season 2 as well.
Well consider it a case of "Completely slipped my mind".
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 18:23   Link #86
JPblueser
Guitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Though..the biggest problem I see facing this show is..how are they going to introduce Athena to the storyline?(I haven't watched CTMEOY and don't plan to so if she's already been introduced ignore this part of the post please)I just hope the producers/director/writers don't just just going to gloss over Athena's entire arc for this season and if they do then don't show it as a new season like HnG:End of the world arc.
My guess is that they are going to do it like they did with Kayura. Just slap her in and be done with it. As for her background, who cares? Just add a few teasing flashbacks and problem solved.

Another problem is that all these time-skiping/ spin-off series, (or whatever you want to call them) have already ruined the momentum of S2. Even if we eventually get "THAT" actual "story", the feeling won't be the same because of many things, indirect spoilers included.
Old 2013-03-05, 22:02   Link #87
madmac

Quote:
Another problem is that all these time-skiping/ spin-off series, (or whatever you want to call them) have already ruined the momentum of S2. Even if we eventually get "THAT" actual "story", the feeling won't be the same because of many things, indirect spoilers included.
Barring a complete series reboot from the start (Not happening.) I don't expect they will ever do Mykonos at this point. There was a time when it was this new exciting storyline in the manga, and that time was 3-5 years ago. It's not getting any newer or fresher.

If they had followed up season 2 within two years it would have been awesome, but now the series is on a completely different path, for better or for worse.

Honestly, I don't even see them going back to the manga at this point except to do a HnG "Final" or something along those lines. CTMEOY already jumped ahead of the manga, they aren't going to roll back time now.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 22:28   Link #88
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I think it's time I accept EotW and Golden Week to be the Mahora Festival equivalent of Hayate. No matter how much people want it animated, it will never come.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 16:59   Link #89
NK141
Some Random Guy

Soo. HnG Cuties. I might like it still unsure though . Looks like they are canning the idea of making it follow the manga for now. It seems as though each episode will be based for one of the characters I managed to scrounge a list of the first 10 episodes and apparently there will be more made :
Ep1 is Hayate
Ep2 is Nagi
Ep3 is A-tan
Ep4 is Isumi & Sakuya
Ep5 is Hinagiku
Ep6 is Izumi w/ 2 other people (I assume its the other 2 idiots haha)
Ep7 is Ruka
Ep8 is Ayumu
Ep9 is Chiharu & Kayura
Ep10 is Maria

and apparently the opening theme will be sung by Hinagiku.
I'm looking forward to 5 episodes the most atm haha
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 07:54   Link #90
HasuMasu
*Artist

Amagami style?

Sounds cool, though...I haven't watched Season 3 yet. hehe
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 12:45   Link #91
GlassesLady
dat apple

What? No. No. Have Ruka sing the OP again, she's awesome. Hina is not awesome. ):

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 17:25   Link #92
NK141
Some Random Guy

Well if I remember correctly someone said that CTMEOY was canon. which unfortunately in turn means we can all pretty much guess the ending D: . Which is a dampener for me cause I read the manga as well . But this new "style?" for HnG might be a good thing But we will find out if it is or not in April.
Old 2013-03-08, 20:44   Link #93
melina_putri

I wonder if they are going to release a PV or not before the airing, probably the latter though.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 01:52   Link #94
NK141
Some Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
I wonder if they are going to release a PV or not before the airing, probably the latter though.
They might. But in saying that might not be enough to go by whether it is good or not, I have found that some trailers are liars. lol
Old 2013-03-11, 20:56   Link #95
JPblueser
Guitarded

Spoiler for Image:

Well, artwork looks nice.
Old 2013-03-19, 07:43   Link #96
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Newest trailer. Each episode will focus on a different heroine.
Old 2013-03-19, 07:54   Link #97
Archaeon

So, it's not following the manga?
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 08:42   Link #98
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
So, it's not following the manga?
It might take some of the SoL stories from later manga chapters but this is definitely not a sequel to anything. The PV also suggest that if you were to put this in the Hayate timeline, this season happens before "Can't Take My Eyes Off You". Damn Hata what the hell...
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 12:22   Link #99
madmac

Quote:
It might take some of the SoL stories from later manga chapters but this is definitely not a sequel to anything. The PV also suggest that if you were to put this in the Hayate timeline, this season happens before "Can't Take My Eyes Off You". Damn Hata what the hell...
Yeah, now that you mention it this is definitely set when they were all still living together. And here I was thinking that the one potentially good thing about this season was building off the CTMEOY ending...

On the plus side, at least the art is a hell of a lot nicer. Why couldn't they have done Season 3 in this style, again?

The preview talks about "routes" but looking at the PV and when it happens it looks like it's just going to be SOL stuff focusing on each girl with a bit of light shipteasing...Better then what I thought it would be, but still severely uninspiring.

I don't even know how the hell they'd do a fifth season after this. They aren't going to continue Season 2 at this point, but there isn't anything in particular going on in the manga right now to adapt either...Ah well.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 17:52   Link #100
sky black swordman

Well after watching the trailer, I got to say I love the OP. Kudos to Hina for getting to do the opening.
The character designs is much better then the one for CTMEOY, although I stil hoping they would the character designs from season 1 or 2(best designs of all).