AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-16, 08:09   Link #601
kaitok
Inspired Musician

didnt really like the last ep. though yes i cried when kanade just disappeared in otonashi's arms... but...

WHERE DID SHIINA AND THE REST GO???

it seems to me a bit pointless that naoi stayed as the last 5... i thought noda deserve more lime light than naoi. and.. how can yuri just disappear like that. really disappointing in this point.

but i guess only that last scene of kanade and otonashi hugging + mapotofu song made up this whole ep... :/

Rate : 6/10
Old 2011-10-22, 23:07   Link #602
HyperGuy46

/ \
/ \
/ \ / \
-------/ / \ \ / \---------------------------------END----- <- I was so sad when i saw this T_T
--------/ \ \ / / \ ------------------------------------------
\ \ / / \ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
Old 2011-10-22, 23:17   Link #603
HyperGuy46

............./ \
............/....\
.........../......\........../..\
--------/../..\..\......./.....\----------------------------------------end-----
-------/........\..\..../../..\.....-------------------------------------------------
...................\..\ /../.....\../
....................\...../
.....................\.../
......................\ /
Old 2011-11-01, 16:27   Link #604
User68604
Disabled By Request

Unaware...was the alternate ending ever made?
Old 2011-11-03, 17:21   Link #605
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
d
WHERE DID SHIINA AND THE REST GO???
It really does seem like the staff had their stories planned out but for whatever reason got rushed and had to cut down to 13 eps.
Old 2011-11-03, 18:44   Link #606
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
It really does seem like the staff had their stories planned out but for whatever reason got rushed and had to cut down to 13 eps.
You have no idea how sad I was when I saw there was only 13 episodes ;_;
Old 2011-11-09, 14:12   Link #607
Animexcel

I recently finished the series. It left me a little confused, though it may be the simplistic thing to understand. Kanade still died regardless of Otonashi's heart donation and disappeared like the rest? Or was she in "limbo" and finally returned to life from getting his heart donation? I probably missed something. Heart procedure fail? I mean she was in the afterlife before him.

Last edited by Animexcel; 2011-11-09 at 14:36.
Old 2011-11-09, 18:02   Link #608
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
I recently finished the series. It left me a little confused, though it may be the simplistic thing to understand. Kanade still died regardless of Otonashi's heart donation and disappeared like the rest? Or was she in "limbo" and finally returned to life from getting his heart donation? I probably missed something. Heart procedure fail? I mean she was in the afterlife before him.
I think this post should answer your question.
Old 2011-11-09, 18:20   Link #609
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
I think this post should answer your question.
That explains some. So I assume that Kanade was in a deep sleep and wakes up after thanking Otonashi.
Old 2011-11-15, 20:34   Link #610
Mynameis832

Unfortunately, it's probably much more likely that she just died after the transplant. The immunosuppressants shorten your lifespan in general, and if your body rejects the organ, it's all over. They're not perfect by any means. We don't know how old Kanade was when she died, but it couldn't have been more than a few years after the transplant... Otonashi had a modern cellphone during the accident.

It's a little weird, but I think Otonashi was in "limbo" for a few years, his soul just doing nothing before he got sent to the school.
Old 2011-11-25, 00:41   Link #611
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Uhhhh...guys I don't think you go to the AFTERlife if your still "in life", a.k.a. not in a coma as suggested by Animeexcel.
Old 2011-11-26, 21:08   Link #612
Animexcel

It just threw me off at the ending clip where Kanade was humming the song in the in-life world.
Old 2011-11-28, 17:18   Link #613
DFLOOD
Inactive Member

the ending was horrid but the series pretty much was screwed once those stupid shadow things appeared.
Old 2011-11-28, 21:58   Link #614
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFLOOD View Post
the ending was horrid but the series pretty much was screwed once those stupid shadow things appeared.
I don't find the ending "horrid", it wasn't the best it could be, but it wasn't terrible. I do kind of agree that once the shadow NPCs appeared the show did take a turn for less quality (if thats what you mean).
Old 2011-11-29, 19:26   Link #615
DFLOOD
Inactive Member

It isnt the dumbest thing they could've ended with sure. Soul eater took that. I guess it is just the mass disappointment factor that make me hated it.
Old 2011-12-03, 03:41   Link #616
Huatuo
Supreme Commander

Location: Beyond the heaven within the Gensokyo above the netherworld inside the Takeda house in Ikebukuro...?
Makes me feel SOOOOO~! SAD!!! Also make me a little happy cause, it makes me consider that the SSS long the journey at the "that" world had come to an end......However it end so fast!!! There should be more episode!!! I BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS KIND OF ANIME FOR LONGTIME!!! It VERY hard to fine a such an PERFECT ANIME!!!

Angel Beats!: Best anime in the history..... XD
Old 2011-12-08, 01:49   Link #617
kaitok
Inspired Musician

There's pretty much things left unexplained at this last ep, not only about kanade and her heart transplant. the alternate ending in ep 13.5 didnt make sense to ep 13 either, so that's like... another problem. but it made me curious if key were to really release a visual novel, how would it be like. im waiting for Heaven's Door and Track Zero to continue though. Ep 13 seems so perfect, yet not perfect to me.

@Huatuo YESSSS BEST ANIME EVER!!!!
Old 2011-12-08, 02:57   Link #618
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Tbh, I don't really get why people didn't like the ending, sure, the episode was really different to the rest of them, it's main purpose was to tug the heartstrings instead of providing action, comedy, backstory and such, and I found this good. But maybe I'm just a softie at heart.
Old 2011-12-08, 10:08   Link #619
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
There's pretty much things left unexplained at this last ep, not only about kanade and her heart transplant. the alternate ending in ep 13.5 didnt make sense to ep 13 either, so that's like... another problem. but it made me curious if key were to really release a visual novel, how would it be like. im waiting for Heaven's Door and Track Zero to continue though. Ep 13 seems so perfect, yet not perfect to me.

@Huatuo YESSSS BEST ANIME EVER!!!!
Is Track Zero going to get a continuation?
Old 2011-12-08, 14:02   Link #620
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Is Track Zero going to get a continuation?
I got no clue, but if I'm not wrong, I did see a 'Track zero 1'... that '1'.... there... I dunno does that mean there's gonna be a '2' or not..? becus if its prelude, they shld just cover all the way till otonashi appears. we're kindda drifting off topic here alrdy ya