AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-07, 11:31   Link #261
darktruth

It's already started. lol

Conversation's deep
When you talk to yourself
There's no way to cheat
Cause you know you can't be no one else…
Old 2011-10-07, 11:32   Link #262
elleinad00

oh my.......... I wish i could watch too!!!! but i can't.....
Old 2011-10-07, 11:36   Link #263
Sakai Yuji
坂井 悠二

Oh god the opening -dies-
Old 2011-10-07, 11:56   Link #264
Swimming

I'm so happy I'm crying!!! This was sssooooo good, even if I didn't understand what they where saying!!
Old 2011-10-07, 11:57   Link #265
Sakai Yuji
坂井 悠二

That was.. too amazing Even when the quality kinda sucks, still cant believe why I recorder something with a really bad quality.
Old 2011-10-07, 12:59   Link #266
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

come on subs!!
Old 2011-10-07, 13:13   Link #267
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Who is Shana?
She's hot and likes melon pan and has a flaming sword.

That's all you need to know.

But watch season 1 or the movie at least.

Or watch this:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-07, 15:34   Link #268
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Pan Pan Pan Pan Melon Pan (sings along)
Old 2011-10-07, 21:29   Link #269
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's what people say to make themselves feel better.

Opinions are subjective, but Sales Numbers aren't. If this is going to be Shana's Swan Song, it has got to go out with a blaze of glory.
Feel better? Really, I could not care less about its popularity lol
And I'm not worry about sales neither, this is the last season so if it sells a lot or not it won't influence the anime. And it'll be a 'blaze a glory', I trust that so far

PD: To avoid conflicts, I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything like that.
Old 2011-10-07, 22:16   Link #270
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
That's what people say to make themselves feel better.

Opinions are subjective, but Sales Numbers aren't. If this is going to be Shana's Swan Song, it has got to go out with a blaze of glory.
Since this is Shana's Swan Song, why does it matter how well it sells?

I mean, I'd be more concerned with poor sales if this was Season 1 or Season 2 (because that could mean that we won't see the story animated to its conclusion).

But this is it. This is the end of the narrative at last. I hope it does well in sales since I am a big Shana fan, but as a fan, it's not like I personally will lose out if it doesn't go out in a blaze of glory (sales-wise).

So if this anime ends up being great (imo) but doesn't sell well, the main thing for me will be that it was great.
Old 2011-10-08, 03:45   Link #271
TJR

Quote:
I love Shana and all, but she definitely have her work cut out for her. With shows like Fate/Zero, Persona 4, Haganai, Working, Horizon and the highly anticipated Guilty Crown, competition for Fall has never been fiercer. She would have to give it 110% if she wants to go up against this pool of sharks.
The franchise itself has been fizzling out (seemingly upstaged by Toaru Majutsu no Index?), which is probably the biggest strike against this season. It's the last call for Shana, and I think it'd be a neat trick if the series managed to regain its former popularity.

At any rate, Shana has had her day, and I'm just glad that we'll be seeing a complete product.
Old 2011-10-08, 04:34   Link #272
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well despite what people think, Shana was never JC Staff's biggest seller anyway- not by a long shot

Realistically speaking, I'm expecting at least to break the 10k like it's previous seasons (or close, for S2)

Optimistically speaking, I'll settle for 15k at best, just below Working'!!....
Old 2011-10-08, 05:36   Link #273
TJR

Quote:
Well despite what people think, Shana was never JC Staff's biggest seller anyway- not by a long shot
Well, I was actually referring to the novels. The popularity of the series isn't what it used to be, which might affect the hype amongst anime viewers and collectors.

And no, it wasn't because of Shana II. IIRC, popularity grew after S2 but attention eventually shifted to newer titles. Index is somewhat notable in that it was published, promoted, and adapted by the same companies (ASCII Media Works, Geneon, J.C.STAFF) - in terms of timing, its rise in popularity coincided with Shana's decline, although I can't say if there's any causative relationship.

Anyway, I think Shana is more noted for the merchandising blitz and rise in source popularity. A 10k seller on DVD coupled with merchandising/music/source material success is more valuable to the financiers than a stronger DVD hit that somehow fails to ignite the latter (it's also how ZnT was successful.....people tend to write the series off because of unexceptional DVD numbers, but it was a huge hit through all seasons once you consider the overall commercial result).
Old 2011-10-10, 13:18   Link #274
alvinkhorfire

@TJR
Are you saying that Shana's decline is mainly due to fans' attention eventually shifted to newer titles?
Old 2011-10-11, 09:18   Link #275
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Are you saying that Shana's decline is mainly due to fans' attention eventually shifted to newer titles?
Well, I personally think that is likely the case one way or another. Keep in mind that there are constantly people shifting in and out of fandom -- new people who come into the market, and older fans who get other priorities and bow out. For people who are just coming into the market now, what's going to make them catch up on a 9-year-old novel series, or watch anime from 6 years ago? It's not exactly easy to start in the middle given the way the plot is at the moment. Plus, the market has evolved since then, and there are plenty of other properties that have evolved the Shana idea and are getting a lot more hype nowadays. So I don't think that Shana is "replenishing" its fanbase as people "retire" from the fandom. This last anime season will help a bit to bring some people who may want to come back just to see how things end, but it probably won't return to its former glory even if it's great. The market is constantly focused on "the next new thing" or "the latest craze".
Old 2011-10-12, 06:37   Link #276
Senshigeia

First of all, let me say I totally agree with Triple_R and with relentlessflame.

Triple_R: I watch SnS not because it is a famous anime, but because I love the story. I think that should be it! Naruto, per example is a series watched by millions of fans... yet I hate it!

relentlessflame: It's hard to realize that, but it is the truth. I watched various series in a row, from episode 1 to the last, and that gives continuity to the story: we don't loose details, we don't forget the passion and anticipation one episode makes us feel... On the other hand, for the more SnS fascinates me, even now, I've been waiting one and a half years to watch season III. The other 2 seasons, as well as S, I saw them in one week!
I've watched episode 1 yesterday, and episode nr2 will be next week. By the time I see it, I am sure I have to re-watch episode 1, and so on... and that I am sure damages the overall opinion of the entire season.
Old 2011-10-12, 10:04   Link #277
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

Quote:
「灼眼のシャナF」

2話「来るべきもの」
水上清資 神保昌登 田中雄 柴田志郎&小松原聖

3話「旅立つために」
砂山蔵澄 飛田剛 島津裕行 服部憲和&阿部弘樹

4話「再会と、邂逅と」
ヤスカワショウゴ 湖山禎崇 渡部高志 未定

5話「囚われのフレイムヘイズ」
白根秀樹 鈴木洋平 鈴木洋平 未定
Can anyone translate this in english please?
Old 2011-10-12, 11:03   Link #278
Sakai Yuji
坂井 悠二

Oh cool, are thos the tittle of the episodes? (google translator fails but I'm still able to understand it.)
So maybe episode 4 when Shana and Yuji meet again.. maybe?
Old 2011-10-12, 12:32   Link #279
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw I have a little question, though I don't know if this is supposed to be spoiler or not.

So, Reiji Maigo really is still inside Yuji, right? I can't quite recall what happened at the end of s2.

Still, an anti-fire ring, a giant sword that damages its foes by slightest touch and huge pool of mana/power of existence thanks to his link to Hecate. Add Reiji Maigo and he's practically invincible. Though last time I recalled, Shana could still beat him because he's still not as battle-hardened as her.
Old 2011-10-12, 12:56   Link #280
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakai Yuji View Post
Oh cool, are thos the tittle of the episodes? (google translator fails but I'm still able to understand it.)
So maybe episode 4 when Shana and Yuji meet again.. maybe?
Yeah they are episodes. The Google Translator only gives bullshit.
I have found descriptions to the titles :

Quote:
■ 2話
来たるべきもの

(10/14)
仮装舞踏会三柱臣(バル・マスケトリニティ)の“千変(せんぺん)”シュドナイは、上海のアウトロー総本部 を炎で包む。そのころ仮装舞踏会の居城・星黎殿(せいれいでん)には、失われた盟主の復活を願う“紅世(ぐ ぜ)の徒(ともがら)”が集結。それは“紅世の徒”とフレイムヘイズの全面戦争開始の合図でもあった。≫脚 本=水上清資 演出=神保昌登 絵コンテ=田中雄一 作画監督=柴田志郎、小松原聖

■ 3話
旅立つために

(10/21)
彼は“坂井悠二”であって、そうでないものだった。彼が降り立った地は、自身が生まれ育ち、仲間がいる御崎 (みさき)市。“坂井悠二”は、みずからの記憶を確認するように市内を歩いていた。同時刻、シャナ、マージ ョリー、ヴィルヘルミナらは、接近する“紅世の王”に気づく。≫脚本=砂山蔵澄 演出=飛田剛 絵コンテ= 島津裕行 作画監督=服部憲和、阿部弘樹

■ 4話
再会と、邂逅(かいこう)と

(10/28)
“紅世の王”悠二が、御崎大橋の主塔に降り立つ。困惑するシャナをよそにマージョリーやヴィルヘルミナは、 悠二に問いかけるが、その返答は意外な事実だった。そして彼は黒き炎を全身にまとい、悠二でありながら異な る姿を現わす。≫脚本=ヤスカワショウゴ 演出=湖山禎崇 絵コンテ=渡部高志 作画監督=未 定

■ 5話
囚(とら)われのフレイムヘイズ

(11/4)
天罰神“天壤(てんじょう)の劫火(ごうか)”アラストールと同位の存在、創造神“祭礼(さいれい)の蛇( へび)”。太古のフレイムヘイズによって久遠(くおん)の陥穽(かんせい)へ葬られた“祭礼の蛇”が甦(よ みがえ)り、悠二と融合していた。そしてフレイムヘイズと“徒”の摂理に従い、シャナと悠二が激突する。≫ 脚本=白根秀樹 演出・絵コンテ=鈴木洋平 作画監督=未定

source: http://anime.webnt.jp/programs/view/23
Closed Thread