Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-04, 19:28   Link #2661
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Oh yeah, but i find the Zeta movies somewhat charming, too bad they didnt completely reanimate those (what was the reason for that, budget problems?)
I think they actually reinked/repainted the old footages in the Zeta movies too... But yeah, it was always meant to be compilation movies, not a remake of the series... The amount of new footage there was actually pretty impressive, but they are just too different from the old ones that they become a distraction.

Quote:
Seed wasnt looking too good at the time it was released, tbh when i heard about this remaster i assumed they where going to crop the entire thing, add the compilation movie footage and call it a day, to put it short i had zero expectations
I just think that, with the amount they are charging for this HD remastering and all of their promises they could have done a better job in making this more of a definitive release rather than another cheap cash-in... It just seems a bit half-baked.
Old 2012-01-04, 19:36   Link #2662
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I have to agree with your negativity after watching the 720p version of ep 1.

Some of the scenes appear to be truly remastered, like recolored and reinked to look nice and sharp in HD... And of course, some scenes are even reanimated. The OP and ED are really nice looking.

The remainder of the show are glaringly bad-looking upscaled and blurry 480p footages with cropped tops and bottoms that makes the production look incredibly cheap, especially with how they mix new and old footages in the episode.

Cheapass Fukuda strikes again. Who's he trying to fool with this garbage?
Are you honestly blaming Fukuda for bandai visual not giving him a budget? Bandai Visual decided not to go for a major update of Gundam Seed, and instead made it a cheap cash-in.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 19:37   Link #2663
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

i fully agree, but its Seed, its going to sell regardless, which i bet is what fukuda thought aswell
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 19:47   Link #2664
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Are you honestly blaming Fukuda for bandai visual not giving him a budget? Bandai Visual decided not to go for a major update of Gundam Seed, and instead made it a cheap cash-in.
Its about priorities, which is the job of the director.

Less money spent remaking EDs and insert songs, more money spent on the actual remastering.
Old 2012-01-04, 20:47   Link #2665
winter45

@ charred Knight

Fully agree with brightman. Now you may have forgotten that there are 2 other gundam projects currently airing, Unicorn and AGE. These 2 show will have the budget priority over SEED, which is now becoming more apparent that SEED Fans are expecting Bandai to give fakuda unrealistic fundings.

Saying this regardless of total outcome, SEED is a cash cow and think of the money that will contribute to future bandai works.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 00:40   Link #2666
rakusukira

Bandai funds these GUNDAM projects.. so we can't blame Fukuda for having a low budget for this series. he may be the director, but he's still an underling to the higher-ups in Bandai

i recall Unicorn suffers this dilemma too.. since it was compressed to 6 episodes rather than the suggested 9 episodes by the director
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 00:47   Link #2667
monster

Quote:
Cheapass Fukuda strikes again. Who's he trying to fool with this garbage?
Well, since they're releasing the episodes on the web and broadcasting it on TV (at least in Japan), I'd say no one. If you liked what you see and is willing and able to pay the price for the Blu-ray release, and you did pay for it, then you really did get what you paid for. Otherwise, it's no loss to you.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 01:34   Link #2668
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Bandai funds these GUNDAM projects
Yes, they give the executive producers of these projects the money to do a show based on the presented layouts...What they do what the money is up to them, so if Director A wants to put the money in CG effects we see more CG, if another wants to put the money into TMR Revolution's hand we see orange hair characters named Heine...The fat guy giving away money at bandai isn't doing day to day work on these shows, if Fukuda can meet his deadlines (which really he couldn't) and show great success with the project money and ratings wise (which somehow he did hand over fist), he can parse the budget as he chooses(which means more money to musicians, seiyuu's and insert songs)...

That said I find the Remaster to be good so far...I'm not a fan of what's going on with HunterxHunter right now, and a spruced up remastered title is good enough for me personally...I don't need to see SEED given the George Lucas special Edition treatment, because it'll probably be much worse (Like HxH is IMO)....
Old 2012-01-05, 02:48   Link #2669
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That rumor is ridiculous and doesn't match up with what happens in the story, if Morosawa was that vindictive than Cagalli wouldn't have gotten better. She would have been written out of the story entirely.

Personally while I do like Fukuda as a director, I do think his human and is capable of making mistakes. What happened to Cagalli was a mistake and doesn't need an explanation.
Which is why I said that it's "the more cynical version".

I'm leaning towards the "Fukuda/Morosawa being demanding on the VAs" and the "Sunrise/Fukuda/Morosawa pandering to the UC and Kira fanbase" stories.
Old 2012-01-05, 22:12   Link #2670
kakakka

Episode 3
http://youtu.be/Hrc4AYyj4PQ
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 22:26   Link #2671
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Wow, the " Remastering " of Kira's hair is really strange, it's longer in the scenes that got remastered and short in the original ones, looks really strange to see the length jump around like that depending on the camera angle, short, long, short, long, short, long

Not to mention that it seems like Kira is the only character that got Remastered aswell, it just looks out of place to see him in HDREMASTER and the rest of the characters in regular .. well, form.
Old 2012-01-05, 22:46   Link #2672
monster

Oh man, I don't know what Athrun would do if Shinn found out Athrun is not the perfect soldier that he's supposed to be. (Well, before the whole desertion incident.)

And I see that they have a new intermission animation showing that other variation of Strike (the IWSP?).
Old 2012-01-05, 22:46   Link #2673
kakakka

The clip that cuts to commercial is different I think. The same with some of the scene with the GINNs.

EDIT: ^as monster pointed out about the intermission. It's the variants/modes being combined.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 23:29   Link #2674
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Wow, the " Remastering " of Kira's hair is really strange, it's longer in the scenes that got remastered and short in the original ones, looks really strange to see the length jump around like that depending on the camera angle, short, long, short, long, short, long

Not to mention that it seems like Kira is the only character that got Remastered aswell, it just looks out of place to see him in HDREMASTER and the rest of the characters in regular .. well, form.
Kira's a time traveller.
Seriously, it looks like Kira from SEED Destiny.
Old 2012-01-05, 23:37   Link #2675
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:

Its due to having different animation directors. The reanimated footages are by Hisashi Hirai, and the animation director of the original episode was Takuro Shinbo. They have different looking styles.

If you think that's bad, rewatch the episodes late in the series, where they have stock footages with five or six different styles by different animation directors mixed with each other. And this is even worse in Destiny.
Old 2012-01-06, 00:01   Link #2676
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Spoiler for LOLSTRIKE:

If they Animate this thing...
Old 2012-01-06, 00:04   Link #2677
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for LOLSTRIKE:

If they Animate this thing...
They kind of did: those three screens that appear before that image.
Old 2012-01-06, 07:51   Link #2678
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched ep 1 - Sweet 720p :O - I'm more waiting for this than Gundam Age !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 08:44   Link #2679
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Its due to having different animation directors. The reanimated footages are by Hisashi Hirai, and the animation director of the original episode was Takuro Shinbo. They have different looking styles.

If you think that's bad, rewatch the episodes late in the series, where they have stock footages with five or six different styles by different animation directors mixed with each other. And this is even worse in Destiny.
Yeah, Gundam Stock footage is best Gundam. Its pretty bad though, it looks so out of place and just adds overall QUALITY to the show, not to mention the scenes where it looks like they just copy + pasted his destiny face into his seed body, it makes me laugh because it looks so bad. lol

Nice to see them reanimate some scenes though, episode 3 was pretty nice overall minus the whole Time travel face. Miguel getting sliced in half was redone in a better way aswell, i liked it.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:11   Link #2680
HasuMasu
*Artist

This video, no, this channel...it's so difficult to load a page, let alone watch anything.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep