Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-27, 05:32   Link #2121
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Lol youu really hate Reiji don't you?
But with such ease you can hate Elen too since she was the one eho turned Reiji in killing machine and killed far more than him.

Actually with such thinking you need to hate them all

But atleast someone is happy with the ending
Ellen was more innocent simply because she did not kill any kids and women that are mothers. Ellen had no choice to turn Reiji into a killing machine because Scythe Maste wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I cant help but to think through all this you've completely missed the message of the series and only focused on the killing and death. There is more much more to the circumstances surrounding Reiji then what you have made it out to be. If you hate the guy hate him after all he did do terrible things. But dont oversimplify and cheapen his story nor that of Cal's. Try looking beyond what has been presented to you and im not sure where the rant about god came from but this is just an anime a work of fiction call down a little. Its a lot easier to die for your sins then to spend your life atoning for them. Well at least you liked the end.
Spoiler for k:
Belum_nabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 11:25   Link #2122
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post
Spoiler for the flower:
And I can't believe that Cal fell to a single shot either

BUT FUCK...

What is with this ending...

ep 26 ~ end
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 15:18   Link #2123
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei
I wonder why I really liked Cal in the game, but really disliked her in the anime.
Could of also been the voice, They way Characters deliver lines makes alot of a difference for me. Still adaptations.. it can be hard to reproduce the characters in the same way people saw them in the original work, plus it also makes it harder when they change the characters a little bit.
Spoiler for game thoughts:

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2009-09-27 at 15:36.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 15:28   Link #2124
g1alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post
Spoiler for the flower:
....You seem to be very informed about flowers O_O

Spoiler for Flower Petal Theoryl:
g1alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 16:06   Link #2125
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Oh goodie with last episode being translated, now I can finally marathon the last 3 episode . The reason why I posted was, need to know the name of the insert track thats repeatedly used in almost all episodes . I would like to state an example from Ep 15 18.00 onwards . Also this other track which appears in Ep 20 at 20.52..

I would be grateful if someone could identify these tracks and thanks before hand : D
Old 2009-09-27, 16:19   Link #2126
Aqua Knight

Currently watching the episode, I know what happens at the end. Only thing I can say now is team work ftw!
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 16:26   Link #2127
Xander

Finally watching the episode in English does a lot to clear away most of my doubts, which is actually a good thing.

Spoiler for The ending:
This might not convince others, one way or another, but it's enough to satisfy me.

Last edited by Xander; 2009-09-27 at 17:00.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 16:38   Link #2128
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

BeeTrain did an ending where it's left up to the viewers to decide the ending.

Reiji could have been killed along with Elen, seeing as the ending where Elen turns back and smiles, I don't know....just doesn't make sense, unless she died along with him as well.

We also can't say he really is DEAD for sure, I mean, when he got shot 4 times by Sycthe, he was still alive after all and I'm sure he did get one or two vital shots out of 4. He might have survived, he might have not.

There's also the possibility that the bullet penetrated him and went straight for Elen, killing them both, but highly unlikely.

It was a really strange ending. It's up to the viewers to decide how to take it. I want to believe this.

I want and need to rewatch this series again.
Old 2009-09-27, 16:41   Link #2129
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

An anime only ending....

If you're going to adapt an VN, at least give us the VN ending you piece of sh*t Bee Train.

Man, Elen's pathway just doesn't get any breaks. Screwed over in the OVA and now this...

Spoiler for ep.26:

Last edited by orion; 2009-09-27 at 16:57.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 16:42   Link #2130
Aqua Knight

Finished watching the episode. Well, I thought it was brilliant. I can't feel that Reiji's dead and all. I really don't have such feeling.
but still
7-8/10 for series
First arc was awesome 10/10
Second was kinda meh 5-6/10
Third was good and Reiji's great 8/10

I'm happy I watched this ongoing. If we just exclude that bullet and Reiji's fall to earth, we can say he's pretty alive. Anyways, I hate animators for killing him or make us think they killed him. Won't there be an official list of dead like in CG, stating that Reiji died?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 17:05   Link #2131
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I mean, come on. Elen crying because she killed Sycthe Master and not crying when Reiji got killed? Like hell she's not dead.

Both dead or Reiji survived. PERIOD.
Old 2009-09-27, 17:07   Link #2132
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I mean, come on. Elen crying because she killed Sycthe Master and not crying when Reiji got killed? Like hell she's not dead.

Both dead or Reiji survived. PERIOD.
She didn't even move from her spot in the field and the cart kept moving. He's alive imo.

We didn't get the chapel scene and now this...

Bee Train needs to be shot.
Old 2009-09-27, 17:10   Link #2133
Oppai

Send a message via MSN to Oppai
Your views on the ending pretty much depend on whether you are a glass-is-half-empty or a glass-is-half-full type of person. I like it that its never clear and that they leave it for the audience to decide.
I just have to laugh a little at the ones saying that this ending is fitting, you guys are basically saying that happy stories must always end happy and sad stories must always end sad for it to be a "good" or "fitting" ending.
Oppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 17:10   Link #2134
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Though, I did find it kind of disturbing when Elen said:

"These memories are enough for me to keep on living"

While Reiji got shot.

Alot of thoughts ran through my mind, like Elen was plotting the death of Reiji or something, but that's just my wild imagination and people should ignore this comment. =)
Old 2009-09-27, 17:13   Link #2135
Arkard

That's the thing. If it's an injury that's enough for him to literally topple over, I don't think Elen would just be laying there thinking "oh he's all right." Also, I doubt she'd just lay there when there's always the chance someone will either come back or follow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppai View Post
I just have to laugh a little at the ones saying that this ending is fitting, you guys are basically saying that happy stories must always end happy and sad stories must always end sad for it to be a "good" or "fitting" ending.
Not necessarily. Rather, it's a fitting ending given the overall themes of the story. Ex. if there was a heavier emphasize on redemption and Reiji wasn't shot at the end, the story would still be overly sad, but reach a happy end. It would also be fitting for Reiji redeeming himself, breaking free, and living to protect Elen.

Quote:
Though, I did find it kind of disturbing when Elen said:

"These memories are enough for me to keep on living"

While Reiji got shot.

Alot of thoughts ran through my mind, like Elen was plotting the death of Reiji or something, but that's just my wild imagination and people should ignore this comment. =)
It's not just her words. Her actions are the most ambiguous part of the ending in my opinion.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 17:20   Link #2136
Griffith

Why do people think Elen could be dead? There was only one gunshot, and she was nowhere near Reiji so it couldn't have hit both of them.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 17:21   Link #2137
RedWing

What a great ending. This is definitely the show on the season, probably the whole year. Reiji dying just makes it a lot more epic.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 17:29   Link #2138
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
Why do people think Elen could be dead? There was only one gunshot, and she was nowhere near Reiji so it couldn't have hit both of them.
What if he shot Elen first, then went for Reiji? This should explain why she was standing and then she was suddenly on the floor, not moving.

It should also explain her expression, smiling like she was about to die.
Old 2009-09-27, 17:32   Link #2139
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
What a great ending. This is definitely the show on the season, probably the whole year. Reiji dying just makes it a lot more epic.
It also makes this an unfaithful adaptation of a VN if he's dead. That's not the way Elen's main pathway ends.

Also for Reiji being dead, Elen would also have to be dead. She's not that far away from him. The cart would have seen both on approach imo.
Old 2009-09-27, 17:33   Link #2140
Griffith

Quote:
What if he shot Elen first, then went for Reiji? This should explain why she was standing and then she was suddenly on the floor, not moving.

It should also explain her expression, smiling like she was about to die.
That doesn't seem very likely. Reiji would've seen it, and the driver was coming from the complete opposite direction of Elen.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen