Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-17, 19:52   Link #21
james0246

^Don't worry, that was not Mr. 3.
Old 2010-01-17, 19:56   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, it seems aohige corrected the initial translation to clarify that Sengoku tries to kill Ace (and Luffy and everyone), but he ends up simply blowing them away (by seemingly accidentally destroying the platform).

Yeah, I just saw that, and ever-so slightly modified my opening post to put that info into account. Besides, it makes more sense for Sengoku to throw a killing blow that missed its mark rather than merely having him rampage for no good reason. What "great tactician" would he be, then?

And besides, the summary says that a bunch of marines unload their firepower on Luffy and co. when they're falling anyway, so it's not like the soldiers are retarded, or anything......
Old 2010-01-17, 20:16   Link #23
kari-no-sugata

It might be Monday morning right now in Japan but I can't help but feel rather suspicious on a number of points. Rather silly of Garp to jump down and act tough only to let himself get blown away easily. Seems a bit strange for Kizaru's killer beam spam to make Luffy drop the keys only. Sengoku holding back until the last second seems weird - he's right next to Ace. And while Mr 3 has gone quiet lately, and could be doing something secret, he hasn't shown the inclination to brazenly risk his own neck in the past, and you'd think the Marines would be prepared for such things too.

I'm not saying it's impossible to be legit, and it might make a whole lot of sense with the pictures and full details... but, I think I'll wait until some spoiler images appear before posting again.
Old 2010-01-18, 05:09   Link #24
noktown

I also feel a bit suspicious about Garp,he doesn't look like someone who would do it,but who knows...
Old 2010-01-18, 08:56   Link #25
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I also feel a bit suspicious about Garp,he doesn't look like someone who would do it,but who knows...
This is something i predicted last chapter, that Garp would let Luffy blow him away or take a dive of some sort.

Sounds interesting if this is infact true. Ace is free, assuming Joz can be defrosted without any problems....they have their top 3 commanders ready to kick ass...
Old 2010-01-18, 12:24   Link #26
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
This is something i predicted last chapter, that Garp would let Luffy blow him away or take a dive of some sort.

Sounds interesting if this is infact true. Ace is free, assuming Joz can be defrosted without any problems....they have their top 3 commanders ready to kick ass...
Minus 1 arm.
Old 2010-01-18, 12:32   Link #27
ErianMyra
Asylum Escapee

I find it interesting that Sengoku turns into a giant Buddha, and Luffy is MONKEY D. Luffy, who wants to be Pirate KING. Can this Monkey King escape the Buddha's palm? OMGoodness...pirate-themed Saiyuki reference?
Old 2010-01-18, 12:35   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianMyra View Post
I find it interesting that Sengoku turns into a giant Buddha, and Luffy is MONKEY D. Luffy, who wants to be Pirate KING. Can this Monkey King escape the Buddha's palm? OMGoodness...pirate-themed Saiyuki reference?
I'm not surprised if Oda really did make that reference. He uses many historical and fictional works as the base for his ideas.
Old 2010-01-18, 13:49   Link #29
ZeroForever

as noted a journey of the west reference wouldn't be to surprising though i don't think it was honestly intentional in this case, might be but i wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 2010-01-18, 21:50   Link #30
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Well...now that Ace is free.....gtfo of there lol. No need to stay any longer lol.
Old 2010-01-19, 10:46   Link #31
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well...now that Ace is free.....gtfo of there lol. No need to stay any longer lol.
Ace will want some kind of revenge against the Marines, hes had to watch allies like Odz suffer after all...i can't see him escaping just yet.
Old 2010-01-19, 11:16   Link #32
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Ace will want some kind of revenge against the Marines, hes had to watch allies like Odz suffer after all...i can't see him escaping just yet.
Then again, Ace should be weakened by his stay at Impel Down, and the emotional turmoil of the current events. In other words, I expect Ace to do something, but not that much (especially when there are several Logias wandering around that could definitely negate Ace's more powerful attacks).
Old 2010-01-19, 11:18   Link #33
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Then again, Ace should be weakened by his stay at Impel Down, and the emotional turmoil of the current events. In other words, I expect Ace to do something, but not that much (especially when there are several Logias wandering around that could definitely negate Ace's more powerful attacks).
He is in logia form now, so he can recover fully. Ace is gonna kick serious ass now that he is free. Now that they're not fighting forward to save Ace, they concentrate on winning the battle or retreating.
Old 2010-01-19, 11:23   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
He is in logia form now, so he can recover fully. Ace is gonna kick serious ass now that he is free. Now that they're not fighting forward to save Ace, they concentrate on winning the battle or retreating.
Why would being a logia mean that Ace can simply recover from all the injuries he has sustained? It certainly didn't help Crocodile and Enel, so I'm unclear why you think being able to become intangible will help Ace heal from his injuries...
Old 2010-01-19, 13:07   Link #35
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
Why would being a logia mean that Ace can simply recover from all the injuries he has sustained? It certainly didn't help Crocodile and Enel, so I'm unclear why you think being able to become intangible will help Ace heal from his injuries...
Can Logia's heal themselves?
Why wouldn't ace not be able to heal himself? All that damage and then you can turn yourself into the element. I bet if Marko (I know marko isn't Logia) gets free he will do the same thing ace will and get rid of his wounds. I think Logia can mend them selves up with there powers. If its damaged then turn yourself into that element and then think about your body the way it was before it was damaged. Poof! like magic your back to normal. As long as its not a critical hit to your vital parts or your head while your in flesh form.

Then what about Croc's Left hand?
My question is why doesn't Croc do the same thing for his left hand? I wonder if that permanent or there is a certain extent a logia user can heal himself? I wish they would do a back story on Croc's left hand. It doesn't make sense to be logia and not heal yourself or a missing limb. Even if Croc lost his hand before he ate the logia why wouldn't he be able to form his left hand back to normal when he has the power? What does it matter if your sand or certain element. Form that body part in logia form then change back to flesh. I mean if Admiral Akainu were to get his hand chopped off he could form another fist i bet. Admiral Akainu in logia form shot of like hundreds of his fists to melt the ice. I think Croc is a special occasion. He is the only known logia who is missing a body part. I mean he does things that no one expects. Like saving Ace, fights against Luffy, then he fights with luffy, trying to kill White Beard, then fights the Marines, and then saves Luffy's life buy ordering Number 1 to stop Mihawk. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept that left hook has a reminder and he chose to not form the left hand. Besides the Logia weakness I think the Logia power is has powerful as the user.

In Enel's defense
Another good example is Enel is in space. What does that have to do with healing your body parts? Well he doesn't have to breath because of his logia form. His Logia power allows him to go beyond human limits. To make logia this powerful and to give them immunity to most physical attacks and then to say they can't heal themselves confuses me about the logia power. In enel's defense he was battling Luffy his natural enemy.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2010-01-19 at 14:18.
Old 2010-01-19, 13:21   Link #36
james0246

^When have Logias ever been able to auto-heal themselves (I'm asking; please point me to a chapter, and I will gladly concede)? They can become intangible, thus making the majority of all attacks ineffective. But, when damage is dealt, then it is dealt. Crocodile never auto-healed in the fight with Luffy, nor did Enel. And Ace never healed himself in the fight with Blackbeard. Logias have never been shown to heal themselves simply by turning into their elements.

The only character that has been shown to have regeneration abilities is Marco, and that is because he has the Phoenix DF.
Old 2010-01-19, 13:28   Link #37
Rainbowman

Have the pictures of this chapter arrived yet? I may need solid proof of this chapter if I'm to make my review.
Old 2010-01-19, 13:51   Link #38
PrototypeX2

Giant Buddha Statue devil fruit? Thinking of a regular zoan, it still makes you bigger and stronger just like Lucci so whats the big difference? I really hope that this is way much more complicated than our everyday melee power up.If it enlarges the user to gigantic heights than it looks ok.

The mysteries are becoming a bit easier to solve.Red Dog and lava was obvious yet I expected much more better than such easy relationship...And now Sengoku The Buddha becomes an actual Buddha...At this rate Gol. D Roger will pop up a Gold Gold devil fruit.

Also Ace's finally free.That sucks, let alone screwing the no-death rule once again, we must endure tons of new chapters with Ace's "Im-so-cool" poses and fire stuff.

Last edited by PrototypeX2; 2010-01-19 at 14:14.
Old 2010-01-19, 16:08   Link #39
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
Also Ace's finally free.That sucks, let alone screwing the no-death rule once again, we must endure tons of new chapters with Ace's "Im-so-cool" poses and fire stuff.
I'm actually okay with such things. The no-death rule has been good to us so far (even though characters like Spandam, Absolom, and Saint Charloss deserved to be taken by death). As for the "I'm-so-cool" poses, I'd say that's been a japanese tradition in anime and manga over the years. It's not like we can do anything about that no matter how annoying some of us may find them.
Old 2010-01-19, 16:46   Link #40
marvelB

I've been saying all along that I never expected Ace to die. Rather, I merely saw him as bait to lure out the marines' real target, Whitebeard.

.....At least. that's what I was saying prior to Sengoku revealing Ace's true identity. However, despite the fleet admiral's words about Ace's death having a great meaning to the world at large, I'm still pretty sure that the marines are using the execution as an excuse to eliminate Whitebeard once and for all, as well. That way, even if they fail to kill Ace, they can still get rid of the emperor who's been the biggest thorn in their side for so long (a win-win situation, in other words ). And seeing as they managed to deceive one of the old man's most trusted allies into giving him a fatal stab wound, I'd definitely say that the marines are quite close to realizing that particular goal......

As far as Ace's actions now that he's free goes, well..... honestly, I'm not so sure that he'll be doing that much. I mean, the guy was already dying in Impel Down thanks to all the brutal torture he endured before being transferred to Marineford (and not to mention that he received a beatdown from Blackbeard prior to that). The only way I can see him fighting effectively is if Iva pumped him full of 'roids hormones as well, but I kinda doubt that'll happen (Ace's level of recklessness isn't as high as Luffy's, after all). However, I would find it highly ironic if Ace actually DOES die while defending Whitebeard.......
Closed Thread