AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-03-31, 12:06   Link #1
Nemu

Computer not displaying Japanese/Chinese characters properly?

Okay, for as long as I've had my computer it's never displayed Japanese or Chinese letters properly. What I mean is, all Japanese/Chinese writing is displayed as box like symbols with what looks like small numbers inside them. How do I fix this? My sister has a different type of computer, and all of her's look normal, so why can't mine?...

In case you don't understand what I mean, here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

Yes, sorry the example is sort of random. But it was the first thing I thought of...
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 14:22   Link #2
sneaker

Are you on Windows XP?

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 14:51   Link #3
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I'm assuming you're running a Windows OS
You need to set your system to allow East Asian character coding. It's all unicode and most languages are preloaded with windows
In Windows 7, go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Region and Language > Keyboards and Languages (tab) > Change Keyboards. You want to add a new one. Select the language(s) you want.
I think that should do it. If it doesn't, you may have to install a language pack from the Microsoft website. See the 'How can I install additional language?' link in the Keyboards and Languages (tab).
It could also be the program that you're trying to use. Not all programs allow special unicode characters such as Asian characters.
Can you see this? これを見るありますか?
Old 2011-03-31, 16:59   Link #4
Nemu

@sneaker; You're right. I'm using windows XP. Thanks for the link, too.

@thevil1; I think I've found the area you're in the control panel you're referring to, but I think mine may be designed differently as I can't find the Keyboard and Languages tab and such. I may have to install one of those packs like you said.

And no, I can't see it.
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 17:08   Link #5
Random32
Also a Lolicon

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments%26...lation_XP.html

maybe you are looking for the languages tab

language pack is on the WinXP install CD
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote