AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-23, 02:30   Link #181
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It's finally over... well a little disappointed really... I was hoping for more of an epilogue, I wanna see the wedding and all that jazz.
Old 2011-07-23, 03:15   Link #182
paladinenvec

Well i have read the last chapter and i can say that the final chapter was good and that many people was making a storm in a glass of water , it was indeed an ending that can make sensitive individuals a little unconfortable because what it's being shown can be not ethical from their point of view, but it was not sickening or offensive, just a little hard to digest for those.
I really enjoyed this manga thanks for the ride, Yumi 'll wait for the extra volume xP.
Old 2011-07-23, 03:59   Link #183
Darkonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
English translation for last chapter (56) is out, and there will be blood Oops, No, there will be sequel called : Usagi Drop: Bangaihen (start in august).
I think this is going to be a side story that takes place during Rins middle school years, probably focusing on when Kouki turns bad. I hope what Yumi was talking about with the extra volume is like a epilouge. Don't think Bangaihen will be a sequel.

Also does anyone know how Kouki got the scar on his for-head. Rin made the comment that if he didn't stop she was going to tell his friends how he really got that scar, but I can't find anything in any of the chapters on him getting that scare.
Old 2011-07-23, 04:42   Link #184
henwy

That last chapter was chock full of awful.

Spoiler for last chapter:
Old 2011-07-23, 04:57   Link #185
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Thats why I keep on telling that there is just no romance between them. Its just weird that they decided to take such form (of almost marriage) they should have stayed in father-daughter relationship to begin with as there is just no freaking romance in sight.
Old 2011-07-23, 06:21   Link #186
darry

There is Romance between them you just dont get to see it :/ a bit rushed at the End i say. But overall a Great Manga especially the first Part of it. I realy enjoyed it
Old 2011-07-23, 07:50   Link #187
GrimJack

I was preparing to hate this when I first heard how it ended...

but to my surprise I didn't, I thought she ended it really well, not the story I would have wanted but a really good manga.

I won't be buying the volumes any more because of how she ended it but I liked it, just don't love it the way I did in part 1
Old 2011-07-23, 09:44   Link #188
outerelf

I just have to say I didn't like the ending at all :/ I'll probably watch the anime for the children parts, but once she becomes grown up, I'm not even gonna watch.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:19   Link #189
User68604
Disabled By Request

i can see why people are butthurt about the timeskip and how it changed, dont blame youse either - as im guessing most of u came into the manga expecting a sweet story between a father and daughter (which it was for the 1st half)

personally, i liked the development. no, i loved it. theres nothing more appealing in a series to me than unconventional character development. In this case, while it did appear to come "out of the blue" there were hints of romantic feelings developing from Rin's end throughout the series. Additionally, it is somewhat understandable as to why her attachment feelings would sway in that alternate direction.

great series, cute ending, and seems like a happy one for all
Old 2011-07-23, 11:20   Link #190
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

You guys know that it's really hard for a 40+ year old man to ask like a bashful teenage boy right? Just checking
Old 2011-07-23, 11:34   Link #191
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You guys know that it's really hard for a 40+ year old man to ask like a bashful teenage boy right? Just checking
Yeah, but it shouldnt be that hard to kiss at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
There is Romance between them you just dont get to see it
Lol, its like saying - whole europe is populated with dragons from mars - you just dont get to see them.

Seriously if the element is not shown at all then it is very very hard to believe it exists to begin with.
Old 2011-07-23, 12:16   Link #192
darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah, but it shouldnt be that hard to kiss at least once.

Lol, its like saying - whole europe is populated with dragons from mars - you just dont get to see them.

Seriously if the element is not shown at all then it is very very hard to believe it exists to begin with.
tomoya and nagisa in clannad have a child yet you never see them kiss or more so maybe shes adopted ?

Just cause the Author doesnt show it it doesnt mean its not there but ye i agree a bit, it wouldnt hurt to show a bit more.
Old 2011-07-23, 12:25   Link #193
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by darry View Post
tomoya and nagisa in clannad have a child yet you never see them kiss or more so maybe shes adopted ?
Do you know its theirs lol? No proof really other than words. But at least they have a result to show. In here they have nothing. They acted like a family in the beginning and they still acting like a fimaly in the end. No freaking romance anywhere in sight.
Old 2011-07-23, 12:26   Link #194
yongshun

I don't know I enjoyed the ending although it does feel rushed. Probably because the author was both running out of ideas and the series went on longer then wanted it to.

I don't know I know stuff like this happens all the time through out the world but still surprising I guess. At lest it is still better then that 51 year old marrying that 16 year old

Head or Gut?
Old 2011-07-23, 13:51   Link #195
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

These last chapters was a bit rushed indeed, hopefully the extra chapters will cover better these latest events. At least show us Rin as a mother.

Ovreall 9/10, so so drawings (anime is better in this) but excellent plot.
Old 2011-07-23, 14:00   Link #196
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I also felt the manga was a bit rushed at the end ... but that's okay - it felt like it was a good time to end it imo.

I also agree with Fnights: 9/10 overall for the series. Well done!
Old 2011-07-23, 15:18   Link #197
Tiberium Wolf

I think they should have developed more the time from kindergarten to highschool. They just skipped and then had some flash back here and there.
Old 2011-07-28, 23:36   Link #198
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
They acted like a family in the beginning and they still acting like a fimaly in the end. No freaking romance anywhere in sight.
Unless I'm mistaken, the point of the two-year wait was to resolve two things:

1. Whether Rin would change her mind about wanting to be Daikichi's lover.
2. Whether Daikichi could return Rin's feelings and view her as a potential lover rather than a daughter.

So the final chapter was basically just to answer those two questions. Which means they're just at the beginning of their romantic relationship. And considering their past relationship, it's understandable why they wouldn't just go straight for a kiss or some other romantic scene.

The only way you'd see actual romance would be if there's a sequel that deals with their new relationship. As Daikichi pointed out, it's not like they're going to get married right away. (Although Rin obviously already has a future in mind.)
Old 2011-07-29, 21:37   Link #199
Alteriya
Realization Dawning

Ahhhh, I honestly couldn't sleep after I read the ending... There's something about it that completely rubbed me the wrong way... It was heartwarming in a sense, but I couldn't accept the ending as it was... I kind of hate it when mangas end without an after-story of sorts to kind of see where it ends up. Regardless, this manga was one of the very few that I read, and it felt awesome and amazing to be able to read it. Even so, this ending to me, felt like it was designed to make the reader feel as if the story had wrapped up happily ever after, but I don't feel that way at all. Or it's just the typical "I don't want this to end like this here" feeling I usually get with incredible things that end

On the quick topic of Rin; I couldn't believe... or rather didn't want to believe that she didn't take Daikichi's offer of trying to find a boyfriend in the last 2 years of High School instead... This story had the amazing heartwarming feel of "father" and daughter and always made me smile to read it.

I WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT AND SCREAM! I AGREE WITH FNIGHTS! Show us Rin as a mother T______________T -- Maybe then I will take this ending a bit lighter

Still an amazing read, would recommend to anyone.

9/10
Old 2011-07-29, 22:08   Link #200
yongshun

The ending of this series have a really polarized effect. People here seems to really like it or just plain hated it. I for one liked it.

This and My Girl (SAHARA Mizu) are just awesome.

Head or Gut?
Closed Thread