AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-12, 09:14   Link #8621
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

From this sites
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harem_(genre)
I got this...
Quote:
Notable harem leads Edit
Some examples of protagonists range from a special agent like Yuuji from Grisaia, a charismatic pervert like Issei Hyoudou from High School DxD, an army leader like Hakuoro from Utawarerumono, a teaser like Arata from Trinity Seven, a moralist like Touma from Index, a shy guy like Rito from To Love-Ru, a princess warrior like Yona from Akatsuki no Yona, an easy going zombie like Ayumu from Kore wa Zombie, a dense but caring guy like Raku from Nisekoi, a shameless playboy like Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha, a comical tsukkomi like Haruhi from Ouran Club or Tsuda from Seitokai Yakuindomo, a great Demon King like Arawn from Tears to Tiara, the otaku expert like Tomoya from Saekano, a condescending swordsman like Ayato from Asterisk, a magician teacher like Negi from Negima or a crazy teacher like Nozomu from SZS, and a tragic hero like Kotarou from Rewrite.
I am wondering what kind of mc sugar is... and he not even exist here..?
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 11:18   Link #8622
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
From this sites
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harem_(genre)
I got this...

I am wondering what kind of mc sugar is... and he not even exist here..?
Such bullshit entry

Edit that and add these two :

1. Bland, average in any way, hetare but kind MC that makes you wonder why the harem or any girl in that regard even fell in love with him in the first place
2. All-Powerful Hypocrite in Isekai (Sugar and many Isekai MC)
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 20:23   Link #8623
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

^Why are you calling Satou a hypocrite though? Hypocrite (not neccessarily dictionary definition, but rather common use) refers to people who either don't "meet their own standards" or are pretentious people who convinced themselves of always having the moral highground no matter what they do.

I don't see any of these applying to Satou though. He lacks common sense and is in subconscious denial about a few matters. He seems to appear quite aloof sometimes as well due to the incredible power he possesses. But none of these make him a "hypocrite".
Old 2018-07-12, 21:01   Link #8624
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

He just hates Satou because he won't go around attacking the girls close to him.

Also I think he calls Satou hypocrite because he says he loves Aze but he still go to Oneesan establishment and have snusnu with them.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 21:10   Link #8625
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
He just hates Satou because he won't go around attacking the girls close to him.

Also I think he calls Satou hypocrite because he says he loves Aze but he still go to Oneesan establishment and have snusnu with them.
I see. But it would only be hypocritical if he contradicted his own beliefs or if he made an absurd statement (or even just monologue) about how "righteous" doing that is, none of which happened.
Old 2018-07-12, 23:24   Link #8626
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I called him hypocrite coz he said he doesn't want nobility yet he's a high noble now

If he truly wants to quit, he could quit anytime, but he doesn't, hypocrite
Old 2018-07-13, 00:03   Link #8627
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Well in my personal opinion...
Hetare, wimpy, and unstable persona( satou, nanashi, kuro) is also could be included here

Well if we say the basic nature of politician is hypocite...and satou more or less politician ( noble) then maybe he is...
Oh and while in public its look like he save the world for the sake of saving it, but we know in his own monologue.. he save it for the sake of securing food ,touring attraction place, ensuring the safety of his girl
, we not realize abot his hypocrisy because the story is narated from his pov...

Last edited by mastermind3342; 2018-07-13 at 20:44.
Old 2018-07-13, 00:04   Link #8628
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I called him hypocrite coz he said he doesn't want nobility yet he's a high noble now

If he truly wants to quit, he could quit anytime, but he doesn't, hypocrite
He only said that at the beginning when he first started out. Things happen and he adapted. The only reason he took the Noble title was for Earl Muno's sake which he greatly respects.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 01:33   Link #8629
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
He only said that at the beginning when he first started out. Things happen and he adapted. The only reason he took the Noble title was for Earl Muno's sake which he greatly respects.
Yeah, right, he rejected his daughter

And yet just let the engagements with princess and shit continue despite not loving them all the same
You want to marry them or not?
Oh, you just gonna adapt later, huh?
Old 2018-07-13, 02:20   Link #8630
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
i am now wondering if arisa aware of this... and try to take advantage of this in her attempt to capture sugar like pokemon he is?
Old 2018-07-13, 06:06   Link #8631
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
we not realize abot his hypocrisy because the story is narated from his pov...
I think you're right, mastermind3342
Old 2018-07-17, 01:45   Link #8632
linhlopbaya

well, I guess definition of hypocrisy also varies depends on cultures. Personally I think it is more like he adapted. I mean,
his idea of the Noble title change pretty much, following his growth of power and knowledge. Now he knew many different top secrets of that world. Being ignorant is no longer a choice. Sure he is sly, but he had never think of himself as justice. He is very pragmatic, all he did are for himself and his family. He always finding neutral ways to deal with problems. Just that the tendency of half-baked efforts to hide his secrets really annoying me.
linhlopbaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 02:10   Link #8633
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I never see he made a mistake and then learned from that mistake though

So I don't see this "growth" people are talking about
Old 2018-07-17, 05:55   Link #8634
linhlopbaya

Quote:
^I never see he made a mistake and then learned from that mistake though

So I don't see this "growth" people are talking about
Growth of knowledge and power only. He is an adult, no point in growing personality. That's why in some aspects he is an asshole.
linhlopbaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 06:18   Link #8635
whiteshadow
Slowly Dying

Could you tell me how far his relationship with Zena progress, does she eventually travel with him? Does he know she loves him, does she even know she has feeling for him?
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-17, 06:25   Link #8636
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yes, Takagi-san
Now Zena is a "fiancee"
Though Sugar is trying to escape from that again

^^
Power...
He's strongest in the beginning (never lost to anyone) and strongest in the end (never lost to anyone)

Knowledge... Sure... He's no longer ignorant, but still reluctant
He's reluctant in the beginning and reluctant in the end
Old 2018-07-17, 11:47   Link #8637
The Green One

So....you guys are annoyed because he isn't shacking up with *insertpreferredgirlnamehere* when you want him to be regardless of what his character wants?

Alright then........
Old 2018-07-17, 11:59   Link #8638
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
So....you guys are annoyed because he isn't shacking up with *insertpreferredgirlnamehere* when you want him to be regardless of what his character wants?

Alright then........
Get outside of your perverted mind
Old 2018-07-17, 17:09   Link #8639
The Green One

Quote:
Get outside of your perverted mind
You are the last person I want to hear that from.
Old 2018-07-17, 19:34   Link #8640
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

That's right~ it just feels so wrong when you say things like that wuhugm~! Aren't you like~ the overlord of perverts~?
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapted to anime, adapted to ln, adapted to manga, anti-romance mc, beastgirl, cooking, fake harem, generic mc, harem, heretic mc, isekai, op mc, rpg-like character, slavery, touring