AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 18:06   Link #3241
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
@brightman:
I think you are right. Seed did try to win over the old Gundam fans, but they did this in a rather subtle manner. It seems that Fukuda and his staff weren't that bothered. I find it remarkable that a well respected director like Mr. Mizushima could be so troubled by this group and I'm not sure why.. At least from what I've heard.
Probably because 00 underperformed compared to both Seed and Mizushima's version of Fullmetal Alchemist... As such fan criticism was probably looked into more seriously.
Old 2012-04-10, 23:06   Link #3242
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
To give it more impact? And to let him feel wrong...
But if it was Kira it will be just another lose for Shin... From Freedom(He don't even know Kira)
Which will let him rage even more instead of cooling down.
Here's a thread from Seed-Forums that discuss the "what could have been": the final battle of GSD was Shinn (Destiny) vs. Kira (SFreedom) and Athrun (IJustice) vs. Rey (Legend):

http://www.seed-forum.com/viewtopic....70fca7aaa0e125

Speaking of Athrun vs. Rey, I think that Mu/Neo would play a role in that battle.

At the end, Kira would more likely to win, but barely. And Athrun would be confronting Durandal at the end.

I think that this is what they should do if Sunrise decides to do a "Rebuild of Evangelion"-like remake of GSD, regardless of Fukuda/Morosawa's involvement with it or not (in this case, I would demote Morosawa to a creative consultant).
Old 2012-04-13, 02:20   Link #3243
monster

Kira with an attitude. It's interesting to me how I could do without it in the last episode, but I absolutely love it here, especially the slap.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 03:10   Link #3244
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Yep, that was classic.

Especially with the quote before the slap:

"How could you win the war with feelings alone!?"
Old 2012-04-13, 04:16   Link #3245
Gundamx

That was one of my favorite fight in SEED, specially when he dodge the missile
with back flips or moving ahead/back.

Sigh... SEED Kira have many great fight... but D... nevermind

About the slap, this episode name is payback! (Joke)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 04:43   Link #3246
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Pre-Freedom Kira is a sight to behold. Guy does things like a boss.
Old 2012-04-13, 06:18   Link #3247
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Pre-Freedom Kira is a sight to behold. Guy does things like a boss.
Kira was a natural in Strike.
Old 2012-04-13, 06:42   Link #3248
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

The slap... the fight... now I remember pre-freedom Kira now that is the pilot who could wipe the floor with Shinn.
Old 2012-04-13, 07:28   Link #3249
Principalities

Strike is THE best starter Gundam ever. Pilot is also not bad. Can never understand the excessive hate on Mr Yamato. During SEED, Kira was never godlike in the Freedom. Loved the fights with the Raider, Forbidden & Calamity. Finale with the Providence was damn good as well. Although this realism (i use this loosely) did not carry on to Destiny, that does not make SEED a sub par series. I would place SEED as the first true modern Gundam series. Throughly enjoyable for all except the close minded few.
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 07:59   Link #3250
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Kira was a natural in Strike.
You mean Kira has a Natural in Strike.
Old 2012-04-13, 09:01   Link #3251
rakusukira

the Strike prepared Kira physically for the Freedom.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:23   Link #3252
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
Strike is THE best starter Gundam ever. Pilot is also not bad. Can never understand the excessive hate on Mr Yamato. During SEED, Kira was never godlike in the Freedom. Loved the fights with the Raider, Forbidden & Calamity. Finale with the Providence was damn good as well. Although this realism (i use this loosely) did not carry on to Destiny, that does not make SEED a sub par series. I would place SEED as the first true modern Gundam series. Throughly enjoyable for all except the close minded few.
But the main reason people dislike Kira in the Freedom is because he is godlike, the guy shoots down more grunts than entire armies, without any effort, and with noone being able to land a shot at him while he is standing still loading up his aimbot, aside from the three druggies and Rau.

It's not Kira's fault per say, it's the animation that makes it look like that, but that's all we've got to base our opinions on, hence why so many people dislike him in the Freedom.

we could see Kira's skill shine when he was in the strike, because it didnt have the auto-KO rainbow spam that the Freedom abused, if the animation was handled in a better way, like him evading, then firing off the rainbow burst as a quick counterattack, somewhat like he did on the missiles in episode 41/42 that the Dominion fired towards the Archangel, that would be notable, but him just flying up, wings spreading out and picking off 20 targets doesn't seem good after the second time, it looks lame
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 10:01   Link #3253
monster

Quote:
Yep, that was classic.

Especially with the quote before the slap:

"How could you win the war with feelings alone!?"

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...07#post4105307
Old 2012-04-13, 10:22   Link #3254
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh the slap aka "What the he!! can you protect when your emotions are the only weapons you've got?"

indeed give before the revealing pic of kira & cagalli.

still got wonder when to get prequel series to how it all happen?

oh more mention how kira & this mention called god like give start with mixture of ultimate Coordinator, start with strike, the Lacus, freedom, gwen stacy aka flay, strike freedom & more Lacus to lead to yea the LORD KIRA YAMATO!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 11:28   Link #3255
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Here's a thread from Seed-Forums that discuss the "what could have been": the final battle of GSD was Shinn (Destiny) vs. Kira (SFreedom) and Athrun (IJustice) vs. Rey (Legend):

http://www.seed-forum.com/viewtopic....70fca7aaa0e125
Been a while since I saw that topic totally forgot about it.
Old 2012-04-13, 19:58   Link #3256
Principalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
But the main reason people dislike Kira in the Freedom is because he is godlike, the guy shoots down more grunts than entire armies, without any effort, and with noone being able to land a shot at him while he is standing still loading up his aimbot, aside from the three druggies and Rau.

It's not Kira's fault per say, it's the animation that makes it look like that, but that's all we've got to base our opinions on, hence why so many people dislike him in the Freedom.

we could see Kira's skill shine when he was in the strike, because it didnt have the auto-KO rainbow spam that the Freedom abused, if the animation was handled in a better way, like him evading, then firing off the rainbow burst as a quick counterattack, somewhat like he did on the missiles in episode 41/42 that the Dominion fired towards the Archangel, that would be notable, but him just flying up, wings spreading out and picking off 20 targets doesn't seem good after the second time, it looks lame
Haha true. Point taken. The production/animation team used the Freedom as an excuse to be lazy and to save animation cost. Sad indeed because when you think about it, the Freedom had the potential to be a really legendary Gundam without all that beamspam abuse.

However, in my defense, Kira owning all those grunts effortlessly is not all that illogical. Kira by that time was an experienced SEED capable pilot and he was using the most advanced nuclear powered MS at the time versus extremely clunky first gen mass production models (eg GINNs). If only the production/animation didn't choose the beamspam route...
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 20:30   Link #3257
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
If only the production/animation didn't choose the beamspam route...
Considering the plot, either they were going to use beam spam or they were going to use HUGE beam sabers like in 00 and AGE currently.
Old 2012-04-13, 21:22   Link #3258
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Yeah, the plot required Kira to mow down as many suits, as fast as he can, otherwise, they'd be dead, come alaska
Old 2012-04-14, 01:10   Link #3259
monster

Quote:
Yeah, the plot required Kira to mow down as many suits, as fast as he can, otherwise, they'd be dead, come alaska
Indeed, and it also fits into the larger context of the story where Zala most likely had wanted to create something that would prevent what happened to Junius 7 from happening again, hence the Freedom/Justice and their METEOR units.

If Zala wasn't so hateful in the end, he would probably have been proud and happy to have seen that his creation was indeed helpful in destroying many nuclear-armed missiles.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:09   Link #3260
atilim
Knightmare

Indeed the impression you got during Seed (also gundam 00) was that the entire battle and war was decided because Kira was involved.

One thing I like about some of the older shows (UC mostly) and Age (2e arc) is that the hero doesn't effect the outcome to much.

UC Gundams and Gundam Age 1 and 2 doesn't have a powerful attack that takes out half of the MS in a minute. They usually take out ton of MS over the course of the show but mostly in small scale battles.

But their is a problem with going for a more realistic hero. Animes target mostly young people and children like to see powerful hero's, remember with Power Rangers how popular the Green ranger was (actor got even dragged back in a few times) it was because he stood out (own mech, golden chest etc.)
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep