AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-08-03, 13:27   Link #1
Syaoran
Inactive Member

[Manga] Chapter 318 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members (whoever they are ) will be able to create this thread.

Naruto 318 - Training A-Okay!
Spoiler for Illustration for Naruto 318:

Summary:
At the training grounds, Kakashi tells Naruto that while the information he received get into his head now, he should release his Kage Bunshins and so does Naruto.

The kanji on Yamato's hand slowly dissappears and he's relieved he can stop keeping Kyuubi's chakra under control for a while.
Naruto is staring at the leaf in his hand, while the last few Kage Bunshins vanish with the white smoke... Kakashi silently looks at Naruto.

Naruto is happy and is sure to become really good at it. After finishing his sentence, he gets weaks and loses consciousness. Kakashi keeps Naruto from falling over. While Naruto gained experience, he also exhausts his mind.

In the meantime, the sanbi is floating with Tobi on top of it and proudly yelling at Deidara if he saw his new jutsu, knocking out the bijuu in one hit.
Deidare replies it wasn't him, but his exploding fish that did it.

Deidara argues with Tobi about being cool is not having a big mouth, but that Akatsujki-cool is art. He also reminds Tobi he helped him out with capturing that demon. Tobi commenting on Deidara having a big mouth as well result in getting him pissed and receiving a good slap, making him land in the water again. In Konoha, training has resumed and Naruto is looking at a fully split leaf in his had.

Naruto is really excited and almost celebrates his newly acquired skills. At his question on how long it will take before he's a true master, Kakashi pleasantly says it's will be soon enough, thanks to his great idea. Naruto releases als his bunshins again.

Before Naruto can finish his sentence, he loses his consciousness once more. Kakashi catches Naruto and carries his on his back and invites Yamato to take a break at the waterfall. After a while, Naruto slowly opens his eyes.

Yamato and Kakashi are sitting next to Naruto, who juste woke up. After Naruto asks if he just slept, Kakashi tells him this training gets one easily tired and announces that after his little rest, they'll proceed with the next training. This sound great to Naruto, already smiling and asking Kakashi what the next step is.

Kakashi points and the waterfall. This time, Naruto will have to cut the waterfall. At Naruto's questioning look at the waterfall, Yamato tells him he'll need to put his hand against the waterfall and hit it with wind chakra as hard as he can, to cut the stream. It will require a huge amount of instant chakra manipulation. Kakashi tells Naruto that if he passes that stage, he'll be able to use his new skill in real combat. Kakashi chuckles at Naruto's comment that if he can pass this stage, he too, will be able to manipulate the nature of his chakra.

Kakashi thinks it's great how fast the "clumsy" big mouthed ninja learned chakra nature manipulation. It seems that this method really is the best way for Naruto to learn new things. Naruto's break is over and he performs Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu for the 3rd time.

Back at the bijuu, Deidara and Tobi are pulling at the bijuu using two of Deidara's birds. Tobi seems to ignore what Deidara says about not taking his comments too seriously. The 3-tails was a weak bijuu as it wasn't controlled by a jinchuuriku and not smart enough to use it's power well. Deidara almost begs Tobi to talk to him.

After Deidara sees Tobi is just taking a nap, he gets rather angry and welcomes his partner to an explosive wake-up call (lol, these two must be great once it gets animated... laughing guaranteed ^^ ) In the meantime, Hidan and Kakuzu are walking on a small trail in the woods.

Kakazu is carrying Chiriku they brought back from the shrine to get the money and tells Hidan to carry him now. Hidan of course refuses... since Kakazu wants more money, he'll have to carry him to the end for his money. There's some friction in the air between those two as Kakuzu tells Hidan he'll get him killed one day.

At the Hokage office, Tsunade sama is done with the talking and asks if there are any questions... on the roof of her office, 80 ninja's are standing in formation in front of their Hokage.

Tsunade looks up and asks Asuma sensei what he wants to know. He noticed Chiruku isn't there and asks her what happened to him.
The monk tells Asuma that he was taken down by those two Akatsuki guys... Asuma is shocked at hearing this bit of news.

Asume thinks it's impossible what happened to Chiruku. At Tsunade's command, all the shinobi disperse, for hunting down Kakuzu and Hidan and kill them if needed.

Asume sensei leads the team with Shikamaru, Genma and Koketsu.
Cool ^^ Some jounins I wanted to know more about are finally coming into action. I'll add a picture asap

Last edited by Syaoran; 2006-08-03 at 15:38. Reason: Added illustration
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:34   Link #2
I love waffles!

Spoiler:
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:40   Link #3
tatami
back in black

if i understand correctly there is 80 people ,forms 4 man team which makes 20 team..
interesting...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:40   Link #4
threepac3
Life is Relative

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love waffles!
Spoiler:
Wow he looks like he is terrified, I wonder what Tobi said.
Old 2006-08-03, 13:42   Link #5
threepac3
Life is Relative

All hail the new King Tobi.
Old 2006-08-03, 13:45   Link #6
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threepac3
Deidei isn't scared, hes pissed because Tobi is taking all of the credit for beating the 3 tails.
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:46   Link #7
Luapman

Spoiler:
Luapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:47   Link #8
cuttups
Cruiserweight Champion

Quote:
All hail the new King Tobi.

For some reason that reminded me of

ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!
cuttups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 13:56   Link #9
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luapman
Deidra and Tobi take down the jinchuuriki.
If I got it right, Deidara said the reason sanbi was so weak was because he wasn't a jinchuuriki, and that he didn't have the brains to control his power...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 14:03   Link #10
Rurik
Golden

Shikka, you got that right and I think the most important part of information in this Chapter, here it is:

--------
Page 13:
Deidra: I mean it, Toby! Don't push your luck!
The Three-Tails was weak because it's not actually a Jinchuuriki [using the word again by request].
It's just a dumb animal that can't use its powers.

Or

The Three-Tails wasn't a Jinchuuriki so it's weak
It didn't have enough smarts to control its own strength

At least we know that they were fighting against a Bijou. But it does not make sense at all, because Shukaku was doing Jutsus.
Old 2006-08-03, 14:09   Link #11
shaselai

It seems Jiven's "wednesday spoilers" are more or less true. He was right about last friday's and yesterday's post in 317 discussion pretty much hit this one on the spot too more or less. Reminds me of Death Note wednesday spoilers
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 14:11   Link #12
threepac3
Life is Relative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Shikka, you got that right and I think the most important part of information in this Chapter, here it is:

--------
Page 13:
Deidra: I mean it, Toby! Don't push your luck!
The Three-Tails was weak because it's not actually a Jinchuuriki [using the word again by request].
It's just a dumb animal that can't use its powers.

Or

The Three-Tails wasn't a Jinchuuriki so it's weak
It didn't have enough smarts to control its own strength

At least we know that they were fighting against a Bijou. But it does not make sense at all, because Shukaku was doing Jutsus.
He didn't say that all Biju's are dumb animals. Its clear that some have human lvl intelligens or higher. 1 other example is Nine-Tails....
Old 2006-08-03, 14:17   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
He didn't say that all Biju's are dumb animals. Its clear that some have human lvl intelligens or higher. 1 other example is Nine-Tails....
You are right, but This quote seems a generalization, not something specific to the 3 tails only.

And Kyuby has not shown Intelligence in level higher than a Human, he knows a lot of stuff about things that had happened, this however is not intelligence.
Old 2006-08-03, 14:20   Link #14
Ryuujin

I'm kind of wondering how they plan on transporting that thing back to their base...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 14:22   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin
I'm kind of wondering how they plan on transporting that thing back to their base...
I guess they can seal it in a tea Kettler like Shukaku was or any kind of Artifact, I doubt Deidara have a bird that Big to carry this monster.
Old 2006-08-03, 14:23   Link #16
ShikaShika
無罪

And what are they going to do now that they can't draw the bijuu out of him? Is the tree-statue thingy just gonna eat the whole thing?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 14:44   Link #17
Ero-Senn1n

The more Kishimoto shows of Deidara&Tobi the more I hope that they won't be the first ones to be killed. I hope they live much more than for example Hidan and Kakuzu.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 14:50   Link #18
Slayerx

So Tsuande is sending out 20 teams made up of jounin and chunin to find the atasuki members... makes me wonder how Asuma's team will fair against them...

Quote:
I found a translation...

Quote:
Deidara: You forget I helped you out! You didn't do it alone! If you're a member of Akatsuki, being cool means not being such a big mouth. (ie, in a more reserved manner) In a word, cool equals art

Deidara: Anyway in the passionate instant when you begin to feel the cool feelings of art...

Tobi: Senpai, you seem to be the big mouth right now...hahaha ...It was a joke...Owww
Ya Deidara is pissed

Ah, y'know, i think Tobi is down right my favorite Ataksuki ^^

Quote:
The more Kishimoto shows of Deidara&Tobi the more I hope that they won't be the first ones to be killed. I hope they live much more than for example Hidan and Kakuzu.
Amen to that ^^

Quote:
Maybe he has something that can carry it? maybe?
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 15:32   Link #19
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
They will. Like I was saying in another thread; it was believed by many that Deidara was originally designed to be a scapegoat (like Sasori) for plot purposes but dued to the huge popularity Deidara had gotten in Japan, I am pretty sure this made Kishimoto change his mind. By utilizing him, Tobi (and to a lesser extent Zetsu), it is making Akatsuki much more likable.

I suspect Kakuzu will die first dued to that statement he made. Hidan will probably stay alive for quite some time. I am hoping though that they take down alot of that Konoha force with him and no more last miracle bs that we are accustomed to seeing.
Old 2006-08-03, 15:41   Link #20
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Ok ^^

I've added an illustration. It's rather rushed as I want to sleep a little earlier tonight (I really need it ^^' )
Anyway, do you like it ? Give me some feedback on it, 'cause without, I don't know how to continue with it

See you tomorrow
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote