AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-22, 15:58   Link #261
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Excel, you say?!
"This is the will of the gods... Disaresta!", was it...? Aha~, nostalgic name, Excel is.

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 20:27   Link #262
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

And no one can deny that this isn't a shonen title after the synch scene that we'll prob be seeing over and over and over ...
Old 2009-01-22, 20:34   Link #263
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Many more changes. If I required this to follow the manga, I would be frothing at the mouth. But since I don't, it's okay. Not great, but okay. I really do like Kuro, and Keita is improving. And I did like Hiou's voice -- the guy who meets glasses guy at the bottom of the escalator. It's by Hamada Kenji, who was Kuze in ef melodies, Nomiya in Honey & Clover, and George in Paradise Kiss. Love that voice.

But lots of serenade_beta's complaints have merit.
Spoiler for ep3:
I never weighed in on that shounen/seinen debate earlier, but I'd say the anime is shounen and the manga is somewhere between shounen and seinen. The manga is more serious. And it appears in Young Gangan magazine, which is a seinen manga magazine, according to Japanese Wikipedia.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 22:21   Link #264
ThoHell

Compulsive lying annoying male lead (not sure what his name is because that's how much I like him), is one character I will not come to like. Does this idiot not feel/think/or have any desire to do anything seeing Kuro get beaten up so much?

Kuro is cute, absolutely cute. Lack of self awareness and conservative just makes her shine. Really hard watching her type of character get beaten up so bad, especially by guys who are doing it without holding back. Feels good when watching Kuro give them a smack down!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 23:10   Link #265
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm personally in favor of this being 'different' from the manga, but yes, admittedly there are some flaws in the way they're going about Kurokami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Excel, you say?!
"This is the will of the gods... Disaresta!", was it...? Aha~, nostalgic name, Excel is.

Spoiler for ep3:
The action scene in ep.3 lacked any sense of weight and speed so it doesn't remotely compare against episode 1 or 2's scenes. That's probably the main problem. 'His' punches barely looked like they could remotely hurt Kuro.

Spoiler:

Evil glasses is clearly nothing more than a Root. (( since we see him pictured alongside Keita ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Many more changes. If I required this to follow the manga, I would be frothing at the mouth. But since I don't, it's okay. Not great, but okay. I really do like Kuro, and Keita is improving. And I did like Hiou's voice -- the guy who meets glasses guy at the bottom of the escalator. It's by Hamada Kenji, who was Kuze in ef melodies, Nomiya in Honey & Clover, and George in Paradise Kiss. Love that voice.

But lots of serenade_beta's complaints have merit.
Spoiler for ep3:
I never weighed in on that shounen/seinen debate earlier, but I'd say the anime is shounen and the manga is somewhere between shounen and seinen. The manga is more serious. And it appears in Young Gangan magazine, which is a seinen manga magazine, according to Japanese Wikipedia.
To be honest, I think it's the other way round. The manga isn't afraid of being cruel, but it knew how to keep its tone around and throw around jokes and light-hearted moments (( even if most of them involves Keita being a jerk )). The anime on the other hand, looks like it's trying too hard to be serious to the point that the sole proponent of comedy in the series is Kuro.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 12:23   Link #266
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Many more changes. If I required this to follow the manga, I would be frothing at the mouth.
*Trying so hard not to froth*

But well, what can I say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
To be honest, I think it's the other way round. The manga isn't afraid of being cruel, but it knew how to keep its tone around and throw around jokes and light-hearted moments (( even if most of them involves Keita being a jerk )). The anime on the other hand, looks like it's trying too hard to be serious to the point that the sole proponent of comedy in the series is Kuro.
Personally I am in favor of Keita being a jerk since that brings in more character than staring at a plank of wood. You are right on the humor too, at least Jerk Keita can be funny when he blows his lid...here...

ep 3
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 05:17   Link #267
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well after three episodes I've decided not to continue with this series as it just isn't my thing. And that's not because of the damn changes that everybody is so obsessed about as the same goes for the manga as well which just isn't holding up as quality reading material for me either. Now I'm left to wonder if there is anything else I want to watch this season.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 06:11   Link #268
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well after three episodes I've decided not to continue with this series as it just isn't my thing. And that's not because of the damn changes that everybody is so obsessed about as the same goes for the manga as well which just isn't holding up as quality reading material for me either. Now I'm left to wonder if there is anything else I want to watch this season.
What about Rideback?
Old 2009-01-24, 06:17   Link #269
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
What about Rideback?
Kaoshin is already watching RideBack.
Old 2009-01-24, 06:55   Link #270
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
What about Rideback?
It's a little overhyped but it's probably my next, last and only bet right now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 07:18   Link #271
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It's a little overhyped but it's probably my next, last and only bet right now.
Viper's Creed? No subs yet though.

Of course, holding out until Spring is prob a better idea. Spring 09 looks better than this season.
Old 2009-01-24, 09:17   Link #272
attobyte

I watched the first two eps. and, since this is the third time I see a character doing something "unique", I can't help but post a mediocre comment. Please don't get mad at me. Here goes:

IMO, Kuro helped Keita out of fear (to die from starvation).
The other two times were:
Spoiler for Shuffle and Rental Magica:

My senseless point is the actions taken are virtuous but the character's reason(s) is(are) not.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 09:32   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just love how over the top these power-up scenes are. The one in the third episode made me think i was watching a super robot show.
Old 2009-01-25, 10:55   Link #274
yozaku
Always Idle

the action on eps 3 somewhat boring, maybe because they repeated action just like other eps without any unique power

but I like the scenes they doing some daily life
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 11:24   Link #275
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

Episode 3 is the first one that actually screamed "wow this episode sucks". Here's to hoping it recovers.
Eej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 16:41   Link #276
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
So they finally synchronized. o:

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 19:08   Link #277
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at this point probably going to keep watching just to hopefully see the guys behind this get beaten to a pulp. Intentionally setting up people to get killed like that. Nice to see the teacher flying through a window for his perfect society stuff.
Old 2009-01-25, 20:36   Link #278
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Despite all the negatives... it is still worth to watch the series just to see the variety of Kuro's expressions (animated)

To imagine em later when you read the manga
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 21:20   Link #279
attobyte

I don't know the manga so I can't say how much better or worse than the anime it is but up to ep. 3 it's quite interesting (to say the least).
Honestly, it's not very much original, after all there are some serious similarities with Shakugan no Shana, still I can't deny the fact that Kurokami has it's own style and this is a major '+' to the serie.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 21:43   Link #280
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I was getting mad Shana vibes in the syncro scene. There have been far too many similar Shana scenes, and kuro really kind of looks like Shana when her hair is tinged red.

Is the source material any better? Eps 1 and 2 showed promise, 3 took all that and the kitchen sink and threw it out the window.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, seinen, sunrise