AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-03, 03:01   Link #441
Asrialys

Would it have been possible for a longer series? Well, maybe at most 12 episodes. They set their own pacing long ago with the original OVAs. It seems that they're continuing on with the same pace.

Well, who knows what decisions went into making the TV series.
Old 2009-03-03, 04:32   Link #442
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I think it is early to call doom and gloom on this Yes, i am also disappointed at the prospect of it being 9 episodes, as i like how the story is shaping up, but that doesn't mean it is going to end the story. In fact, the way the story is now, i find it impossible to complete in 2 episodes. The way i imagine it likely, they are going to end episode 9 on a semi-cliffhanger (Like the OVA endings), and we will just have to patiently sit and wait for however long it takes for KyoAni to release the next OVA worth of content. I believe this series is far from over .... i just hope the wait for next installment won't be another 4 years
Old 2009-03-03, 07:50   Link #443
grunty

Kyoto Animation. One of the best trolls ever.

"Why make a new single DVD OVA when we can sell 5 DVDs with the old footage again? Purrfect."
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 08:06   Link #444
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Good obeservation.
Old 2009-03-03, 09:06   Link #445
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

You know the stations prob only gave them enough air time for 9 episodes. even Clannad Season 1 finished off as an OVA. Zombie Loan also had "finished off" as an OVA which left things open.

If people are really interested, you buy the DVDs to see the ending. It's prob going to be a new trend in this economy.

Kadokawa is backing them also on this one so there is some money infusion and a likelihood of completion now.
Old 2009-03-03, 21:09   Link #446
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Rejoice, everyone! SoraMiage has returned to it's damn hilarious self! Banzai! BANZAI!
Ohhhhhhhhhhh!! *raises fist in the air*

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 23:13   Link #447
Mangaka-chan

As much as I can't believe this series can end in just 9 episodes, it certainly is shaping up to be that way.

Spoiler for episode 8 and preview about episode 9:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 02:15   Link #448
SnackPacs
As Expected of 2chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I think it is early to call doom and gloom on this Yes, i am also disappointed at the prospect of it being 9 episodes, as i like how the story is shaping up, but that doesn't mean it is going to end the story. In fact, the way the story is now, i find it impossible to complete in 2 episodes. The way i imagine it likely, they are going to end episode 9 on a semi-cliffhanger (Like the OVA endings), and we will just have to patiently sit and wait for however long it takes for KyoAni to release the next OVA worth of content. I believe this series is far from over .... i just hope the wait for next installment won't be another 4 years
Exactly...

Which also makes me kind of upbeat. Potentially, we might see the continuation in a year or two but...

Not to forget, they still have a lot on their plate BESIDES this original work of theirs.
SnackPacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 04:44   Link #449
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Air TV was supposed to get 13 episodes. It did, but the last was "recap".
Kanon was expected to be 26 episodes long. It ended up with 24.
Clannad was expected to be as long as Kanon, but it ended up with 23 episodes. The last episode was even an omake/filler, so you could even count it as 22 episodes.
Clannad After Story was expected to be 24 episodes also, but it ended up with 22 as well.
Now Munto TV was expected to have 13 episodes and ended up with..... 9? How many mainstream TV anime have- *ahem*- 9 episodes?

LOL KyoAni. It seems they are deliberately trying to help lower the anime length standards these days. When are they ever going to release a 26 episode series?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 05:00   Link #450
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
LOL KyoAni. It seems they are deliberately trying to help lower the anime length standards these days. When are they ever going to release a 26 episode series?
When they actually release a mainstream title. So I guess people have to wait for the mythical FMP series to show up to get a 24-26 ep. series out of KyoAni.
Old 2009-03-04, 06:15   Link #451
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I always sort of had the feeling that once Kyoani finally got around to doing an original series that it wasn't going to live up to people's expectations for it, but I never had any idea that it would turn out to be primarily another adaptation. The content of the show really has been 2/3's OVA to TV adaptation, 1/3 new content.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 12:51   Link #452
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Thanks for the troll KyoAni, 2/3 OVA, 1/3 original. 9 episodes is a LITTLE too short. At least 11 episodes >_> It's only 3/4 of the season with only 9 episode.

I found episode 8 the most trollest episode out of the whole series.

Spoiler for Episode 9 preview:
Old 2009-03-04, 14:40   Link #453
Teufelchen
Storyteller

Unhappy Unfair!

I don't think these will be only 9 ep's... I mean, this would be toooo few of them.. -___- And I really enjoyed watching the anime...
Teufelchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 14:56   Link #454
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I found episode 8 the most trollest episode out of the whole series. [/SPOILER]
I'm afraid to ask, but what exactly do you mean by "most trollest episode"?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:38   Link #455
FireChick

I must ask...WHY THE FLIP ARE THERE ONLY GONNA BE NINE FLIPPING EPISODES?!? WHO IS MAKING THIS SERIES SO DURNED SHORT ANYWAY?!?!?!?!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 15:51   Link #456
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm afraid to ask, but what exactly do you mean by "most trollest episode"?
I don't know what "trollest" is supposed to mean, but let's just say, when you see the episode yourself, you'll realize musume_no_hoshi's feelings... perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I must ask...WHY THE FLIP ARE THERE ONLY GONNA BE NINE FLIPPING EPISODES?!? WHO IS MAKING THIS SERIES SO DURNED SHORT ANYWAY?!?!?!?!

I wish this comedy could go on forever too, but the sooner it ends, the better perhaps. In various meanings.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 17:53   Link #457
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
The stations that are broadcasting it probably. If you buy the manga, you can get the full adaptation.
Old 2009-03-04, 19:57   Link #458
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep8:
This is MADNESS!
ep 8
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 04:02   Link #459
SnackPacs
As Expected of 2chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Air TV was supposed to get 13 episodes. It did, but the last was "recap".
Kanon was expected to be 26 episodes long. It ended up with 24.
Clannad was expected to be as long as Kanon, but it ended up with 23 episodes. The last episode was even an omake/filler, so you could even count it as 22 episodes.
Clannad After Story was expected to be 24 episodes also, but it ended up with 22 as well.
Now Munto TV was expected to have 13 episodes and ended up with..... 9? How many mainstream TV anime have- *ahem*- 9 episodes?

Seriously, someone needs to go to japan and violently beat up the person who caused this to be a MEAGER NINE EPISODES.

I seriously hope that it is the case of a higher power beyond the studio itself enforcing the decision... It would sadden me greatly to hear THEY decided to make it short, when this would've been a great opportunity for them to show off and flaunt their 1337 originality skeelz.
SnackPacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 12:27   Link #460
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The stations that are broadcasting it probably. If you buy the manga, you can get the full adaptation.
Given how atypical the episode count is, I still think it's a producer's decision.

The project might just be a ploy to draw in more potential customers (since the KyoAni fanbase is so large now) and then gauge demand for future development.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy