AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-05-12, 00:58   Link #1
Sakuya
*Artist

WordPress Blog Help

Does anyone use WordPress for their blogs? I'm having some smilie trouble with mines. I downloaded a theme that uses a small font. So whenever I insert a smilie, it'd be too big compared to the text and it makes the text indent a little. So I created smaller versions of the smilies and overwrote the old ones. But for some reason, it still indents! I made it so that there was only a 1 pixel border around the small smilie and it still indents. Can someone help me?

Here's my blog:
http://www.three-lights.net/full/
There's an example of what I mean in the most recent post there.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 15:12   Link #2
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

It's not an 'indent' persay, but it's something your doing.
When you make the smilie file, you're leaving a bunch of whitespace in it, equal on all sides, with the smilie in the middle. That means when inserted, the smilie has white space underneath it, making it seem "lifted".

So, what you can do, cut the white out of the smilies. Crop the images to the DEFINITE edges of the smilie itself, don't leave white space.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 15:48   Link #3
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
So, what you can do, cut the white out of the smilies. Crop the images to the DEFINITE edges of the smilie itself, don't leave white space.
That's what I did. I only have a 1 pixel border of white around all the smilies and the space is not that big. Maybe it's something in the CSS file? Since it's a premade theme, I didn't want to edit their material. But I'll have to check after school.

Edit:
Okay, I messed with all the IMG tags in my stylesheet and it does not affect the smiley at all. Which means it has to do with some of the default Wordpress stylesheets and it is centering the image according to the default text size. Help!?

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-05-17 at 21:56.
Old 2006-05-20, 14:56   Link #4
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Your allowed to change the CSS sheets and edit them as you wish. At least you are with a lot of themes, as long as you keep the tags and links to the original creator. If you need help editing the CSS, I could give it a try.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 17:16   Link #5
Sakuya
*Artist

I've already tried editing all the IMG tags in the CSS and it won't work. So I think it lies in another CSS file that I can't find.