AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 18:22   Link #1521
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

...the girls certainly have lovely figures

So much action sets! Komuro testing Saya's theory followed by the intense rush to the bus makes the highlight of the episode. They seem to be significantly better fighters than shown in the manga. Marikawa quickly comes to term with the fact that 'they' aren't human ...by driving them over. Laughed so hard when the zombie walking to the convenience store (hey Shaun!) gets splattered by her driving. I didn't expect the infested bus to flip like something straight out of Hollywood before separating the crew (hey there Resident Evil 2!). Nice touch with the tunnel explosion too.

What can I say about Shido? He's the designated 'hate-me' guy, but the gullible back-half of the bus is even more annoying. Little twerps I tell you!
Old 2010-07-19, 18:27   Link #1522
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Oh wow...the breasts look horrible.... well anyways....out question for me due to family circumstances...
Squeezable boobies.
Old 2010-07-19, 18:32   Link #1523
Yuutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
he is decisive (when a student twisted his ankle instead of some half assed helping him to the bus - and get both of them attacked - he decisively abandon the one that don't fit).
You consider kicking a student in the face and leaving him for the zombies "doing no wrong"?...

Sure it may have been decisive, but I don't think it was done with the best intentions. The teacher didn't have any hesitation whatsoever in sacrificing someone else for his own life. He didn't do it because he needed to make an important decision to do either what's right (that is, to help) or do what's most efficient (minimize potential losses by abandoning student who could weigh down the party). In fact, I'd reckon that the idea of helping never even crossed his mind.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 18:50   Link #1524
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
You consider kicking a student in the face and leaving him for the zombies "doing no wrong"?...

Sure it may have been decisive, but I don't think it was done with the best intentions. The teacher didn't have any hesitation whatsoever in sacrificing someone else for his own life. He didn't do it because he needed to make an important decision to do either what's right (that is, to help) or do what's most efficient (minimize potential losses by abandoning student who could weigh down the party). In fact, I'd reckon that the idea of helping never even crossed his mind.
The student twisted his ankle, meaning he cannot run. The teacher will only get both of them killed if he tried to help.

The teacher is obviously a villain so his facial expression supported your idea, but base on his actions alone, I cannot find his action wrong. If this happened to the good guy, I think the good guy will do the same - only to depress about it for another episode - thinking what if, blah blah blah. To me, there are only correct and incorrect decisions - intentions are worthless.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 18:55   Link #1525
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
I know the new teacher is supposed to be a bad guy based on how he looks and how he talks, but so far I cannot see him do anything wrong. He cares about his students (he directed them to the bus instead of running by himself) and he is decisive (when a student twisted his ankle instead of some half assed helping him to the bus - and get both of them attacked - he decisively abandon the one that don't fit). So far it is Rei who is unreasonable - we all know she has a grudge towards the teacher, but during apocalypse time you should set your personal difference aside.

And his policy so far is right, without a leader in the group we have someone like the blond who would pick a fight within the group. A leader will stand up during a time like this and calm both side down.
...remind me NOT to stand next to you when the end of the world occurs...

Being 'desicive' doesn't give one the right to act like an ass, which he did. He could have just said, "I'm sorry," and just run - he didn't have to make a cliche 'power hungry' speech like he did. And also kicked the guy in the face so that he'd cry out and thus draw even more attention to him rather than to the teacher himself. What he did was the wrong way to do the right thing. "The End justifies the Means" - maybe for some people, but not me.
Old 2010-07-19, 18:57   Link #1526
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I know the new teacher is supposed to be a bad guy based on how he looks and how he talks, but so far I cannot see him do anything wrong. He cares about his students (he directed them to the bus instead of running by himself) and he is decisive (when a student twisted his ankle instead of some half assed helping him to the bus - and get both of them attacked - he decisively abandon the one that don't fit). So far it is Rei who is unreasonable - we all know she has a grudge towards the teacher, but during apocalypse time you should set your personal difference aside.

And his policy so far is right, without a leader in the group we have someone like the blond who would pick a fight within the group. A leader will stand up during a time like this and calm both side down.
I would disagree on some points.

For starters, you are right in that we know too little of the Teacher himself to critize him fully.

However, for Rei to be scared of him to the point that she wants him to die he must've done something seriously wrong/horrible to her in the past. That I would give the benefit of doubt for her because it really has to be something sinister which I think was hinted when he left that student behind. Everyone hates teachers but Rei's hatred is of a different kind and is quite serious.

For the leader part, the way he took control is more on the lines of an egomanic, he's not doing it for their benefit but himself. That and he's yet to prove himself as well. In fact he should've taken control of the situation before that student tried attacking. A true leader is someone who can read the group and act proactively.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 18:59   Link #1527
Xacual

Umm if Shidou hadn't stood there ignoring the kid he would have had more than enough time to help carry the kid to safety. I mean standing there gloating about the new world order wasn't necessary.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 19:10   Link #1528
dfens

For the Rei figure the part you get is a spare upper torso with arms and no shirt on with exposed breasts. So you remove her head and remove the skirt and add the 2nd body. But for her pose they made a valley for the weapon to fit in that would block the nipples so they omitted nipples on the figures 2nd torso. Unless you ordered the mail in limited edition 3rd body which has painted fully nude breasts.

The Saeko figure you remove apron 1 and add apron 2 with the spare set of arms to see her bare chested. And her breasts do have have nipples but they left it painted all flesh color, no pink which pissed me off. She is my favorite character and the prototype showed them painted.

I can always paint them myself like many collectors in japan did. But it's not a big priority since I don't display her like that.

And yes she will be wearing that apron and panties like that for a upcoming episode or 2.

I'm just dying for a figure of her with the gartered stockings I'd be in heaven.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 19:25   Link #1529
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Personally can't view his actions in such a positive light. Sure he directs the students to the bus, but could say that the bus is more likely to wait for a group than for one teacher running in their direction. Not being stupid doesn't equal caring about his students. Need to see more from his character before we can assume his motives in that situation

Though if he really gave a damn he would have told that stupid to drop the books. Besides not trying to save and further injuring the student are two different things. Not to mention the man is a complete hypocrite. He talks about survival of the fittest but tries to claim his teaching status as proof for his leadership. If the old ways are gone who cares what you were doing before this? If it's survival of the fittest then he who seems pretty weak should just follow what the fighters have to say.

The problem came from two different kinds of groups trying to interact. Takashi's group has a specific and common goal with agreed cooperation. While with the teacher the group is very controlled. Besides also true that he didn't resolve that situation with the student, Rei did. I can't see what he could do to prevent those issues anyways. It's not like he can physically stop someone who decides randomly to pick a fight.

In terms of dropping her issues due to the situation not sure I'd agree. Are you saying that in that situation you would just turn your back to someone who had bullied you for years? Not saying that's what the teacher is, but if you don't trust someone to that extent then you aren't going to just drop your guard. Sure Rei could've restrained herself more. But this is a life and death situation, a mistake will cost you dearly. Pretending that she doesn't have a major problem with that guy could get them killed depending on what exactly happened between them.
Old 2010-07-19, 19:27   Link #1530
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

From the protagonists view, right now only Rei truly knows what kind of a person Shidou is. The rest only recognize him as an annoying teacher. He guides the students to the bus as any teacher would (assuming he's teh EVULZ, to avoid casting suspicion on himself). None of them presumably saw him walking so calmly leaving the last injured student to die.

Still, by how he pressed on being the leader with such theatrics in THAT situation, more kids should've had their alarms blaring... Personally I wouldn't buy his argument. Not one bit.
Old 2010-07-19, 19:42   Link #1531
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Shidou took on the image of those certain villains who you just can't wait to see get their comeuppance.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 19:53   Link #1532
Dralha

Spoiler for Ep 3:
Old 2010-07-19, 20:15   Link #1533
Dextro
He Without a Title

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2010-07-19, 20:16   Link #1534
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...remind me NOT to stand next to you when the end of the world occurs...

Being 'desicive' doesn't give one the right to act like an ass, which he did. He could have just said, "I'm sorry," and just run - he didn't have to make a cliche 'power hungry' speech like he did. And also kicked the guy in the face so that he'd cry out and thus draw even more attention to him rather than to the teacher himself. What he did was the wrong way to do the right thing. "The End justifies the Means" - maybe for some people, but not me.
The end justifies the means, well said. I totally prefer this then those who claims the means justifies the end - as long as you have a noble cause it didn't matter how screw up it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I would disagree on some points.

For starters, you are right in that we know too little of the Teacher himself to critize him fully.

However, for Rei to be scared of him to the point that she wants him to die he must've done something seriously wrong/horrible to her in the past. That I would give the benefit of doubt for her because it really has to be something sinister which I think was hinted when he left that student behind. Everyone hates teachers but Rei's hatred is of a different kind and is quite serious.

For the leader part, the way he took control is more on the lines of an egomanic, he's not doing it for their benefit but himself. That and he's yet to prove himself as well. In fact he should've taken control of the situation before that student tried attacking. A true leader is someone who can read the group and act proactively.
I think Rei hate him more than scare of him. Even if you assume the worst the teacher can possibly do to Rei - He tried to rape her, in the apocalypse world you should set aside even difference like that.

For the leader part, since he is the villain so the way he said it and the gesture make us (the audience) hate him. But his actions are correct, he didn't press for the leader issue until the blond pick on Takashi. Since he is not the leader by the time the blond pick on Takashi, he is not to blame to not read the group and act proactively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Personally can't view his actions in such a positive light. Sure he directs the students to the bus, but could say that the bus is more likely to wait for a group than for one teacher running in their direction. Not being stupid doesn't equal caring about his students. Need to see more from his character before we can assume his motives in that situation

Though if he really gave a damn he would have told that stupid to drop the books. Besides not trying to save and further injuring the student are two different things. Not to mention the man is a complete hypocrite. He talks about survival of the fittest but tries to claim his teaching status as proof for his leadership. If the old ways are gone who cares what you were doing before this? If it's survival of the fittest then he who seems pretty weak should just follow what the fighters have to say.

The problem came from two different kinds of groups trying to interact. Takashi's group has a specific and common goal with agreed cooperation. While with the teacher the group is very controlled. Besides also true that he didn't resolve that situation with the student, Rei did. I can't see what he could do to prevent those issues anyways. It's not like he can physically stop someone who decides randomly to pick a fight.

In terms of dropping her issues due to the situation not sure I'd agree. Are you saying that in that situation you would just turn your back to someone who had bullied you for years? Not saying that's what the teacher is, but if you don't trust someone to that extent then you aren't going to just drop your guard. Sure Rei could've restrained herself more. But this is a life and death situation, a mistake will cost you dearly. Pretending that she doesn't have a major problem with that guy could get them killed depending on what exactly happened between them.
A evil person would run by himself instead of directing the student to the bus. By standing there directing he increased his own risk.

Do you think the student being kicked would release the teacher if the teacher tried to be reason with him?

Survival of the fittest didn't necessary mean the best fighter. For example, so far I believe the most valuable person in the group is Saya, because she is the brain of the group. Without her the group won't even know the zombies only react to sound. Also it is Saeko who didn't claim leadership, and so far in the group the teacher has the most leadership ability presents. Or rather, so far he is the only person interested in being the leader.

The idea behind democracy (title of the episode) is that one would listen to the leader they acknowledge. If the leader told the blond to stand down, the blond would (I order you to stand down because I am your superior), but not some average person in the group (why should I listen to you? someone the same status as me).

You wouldn't let off your guard and wouldn't trust him, but Rei is more like wanting to kill him. I think there is a long way between trusting your back and killing him and I believe there is a middle road. If your most hated person is drowning in the pool, would you just watch him die? Behinds I don't see any reason why Rei should scare of him, so far Rei proof to be a much better fighter than the teacher, if the teacher is doing something harming the group, she can just stab his heart out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
From the protagonists view, right now only Rei truly knows what kind of a person Shidou is. The rest only recognize him as an annoying teacher. He guides the students to the bus as any teacher would (assuming he's teh EVULZ, to avoid casting suspicion on himself). None of them presumably saw him walking so calmly leaving the last injured student to die.

Still, by how he pressed on being the leader with such theatrics in THAT situation, more kids should've had their alarms blaring... Personally I wouldn't buy his argument. Not one bit.

The way he walk calmly, among all his facial expression, gesture and theatrics, are all to tell the audience that we should hate the guy. But taking away all those expressions, I couldn't find the teacher doing much wrong.

It seems I am digging a deeper and deeper hole . I know sooner or later the teacher would do something so evil that would make me sound like an idiot. . However, judge on ep 3 alone, I am siding with the teacher.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:19   Link #1535
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
I think Rei hate him more than scare of him. Even if you assume the worst the teacher can possibly do to Rei - He tried to rape her, in the apocalypse world you should set aside even difference like that.
I would see it more of a way to send him to Hell early.

The scenario of attempted rape doesn't even remotely fall near the category of "let bygones be bygones"

Quote:
For the leader part, since he is the villain so the way he said it and the gesture make us (the audience) hate him. But his actions are correct, he didn't press for the leader issue until the blond pick on Takashi. Since he is not the leader by the time the blond pick on Takashi, he is not to blame to not read the group and act proactively.
and he conveniently had just enough students on his side to get the "majority vote"

Quote:
A evil person would run by himself instead of directing the student to the bus. By standing there directing he increased his own risk
A evil person would use other people so he wouldn't get infected/killed.

Quote:
Do you think the student being kicked would release the teacher if the teacher tried to be reason with him?
He had enough time to do the typical villain monologue, he had more than enough time to help the guy up and get to the bus where the school nurse is and IIRC, she grabbed supplies from her office before leaving...and even if she didn't, I'm sure she has enough basic knowledge to treat a sprained ankle.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:33   Link #1536
Qikz

The people at the back of the bus seem scared of Shido, I get the feeling they were a big class to begin with and he's sacraficed people to get outside. Atleast that's what I think anyway, they looked really scared.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:34   Link #1537
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
A evil person would run by himself instead of directing the student to the bus. By standing there directing he increased his own risk.
A more likely explanation is that as a leader in this new world, he needs followers to do his bidding. So he will accept a small amount of personal risk in order to secure underlings for himself. If he were to join the Takashi & Co. Group by himself, he would never be accepted as a leader. He would have been in the minority and at their mercy.

Quote:
It seems I am digging a deeper and deeper hole . I know sooner or later the teacher would do something so evil that would make me sound like an idiot. . However, judge on ep 3 alone, I am siding with the teacher.
Based on ep 3 alone, I would say that we know he's ruthless and selfish, and that Rei has a rather deep grudge against him. But we don't really know enough to say whether Rei is being stubborn or if he's really bad news for the gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
The people at the back of the bus seem scared of Shido, I get the feeling they were a big class to begin with and he's sacraficed people to get outside. Atleast that's what I think anyway, they looked really scared.
You would crap your pants too if zombies came to knock on your front door. Those guys don't look like fighters at all. But from what we've seen of Shidou, it wouldn't surprise me if that guy he kicked was not the first of the sacrifices.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:53   Link #1538
ZeKeR
Superbad

rei!!!! show moar hate!!!!! MOAR!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-07-19, 21:00   Link #1539
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
No way. The first thing I would do is kill him.

The guy is bad news. He sacrificed a student who had a sprained ankle instead of carrying him. Those students were prob a shield for him. He was surpised that they could run that fast. The slow ones became zombie food while the fast ones survived.

Plus, he's trying to fractionate an established group to gain more "power" for himself. Not something a true leader would do. I would have just pointed the nail gun at Shido and tell him and his group to get off the bus and be done with it.
Old 2010-07-19, 21:08   Link #1540
Yuutsu

Well, you gotta pity Shidou somewhat. XD

It's pretty obvious that he was created with the sole purpose to be hated (imo, that is).
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse