AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-10-22, 01:52   Link #761
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Well considering how there are three Statues of Liberty, I'd be normally questioning which, but hearing blakstealth's comment on how the French (well, Paris has the other two statues) poster is the Eiffel Tower, maybe that is how they're going about it.
the background of the poster is depend on which country screening it.

Images
Japan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
US

Images
Hong Kong

Images
Taiwan

Images
Singapore

Images
Korea

Images
France
Old 2012-10-22, 02:11   Link #762
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Pity the cities are not wrecked in the background
Old 2012-10-22, 02:20   Link #763
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Pity the cities are not wrecked in the background

Then no one would know which city is which.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 03:42   Link #764
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

By the landmarks. Aka wrecked Eiffel Tower
Old 2012-10-22, 08:14   Link #765
EmagEvil

The American's fans are lucky, their screens are a lot better than the French's only one...

... Another note : When Mami get 'chomp'ed, a lot clapped, and my neighbough said ' ... Those bastards...'

I don't see any French's opinion, i think we're all too disgusted to say anything...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 09:39   Link #766
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post

Images
Japan

Images
US

Images
Hong Kong

Images
Taiwan

Images
Singapore

Images
Korea

Images
France
Madoka: Wow, Mami and Sayaka, you do a great job making that same exact pose in every place we visit!

Seriously, after seeing all those promo pictures, I want to see a "Madoka Magica: World Tour!" animated movie where it's all about the Puella Magi Main Five making a rock bond and touring the world.
Old 2012-10-22, 09:42   Link #767
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post

Images
Japan

Images
US

Images
Hong Kong

Images
Taiwan

Images
Singapore

Images
Korea

Images
France
They're taking the world by storm. :0
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 10:03   Link #768
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
By the landmarks. Aka wrecked Eiffel Tower
It wouldn't really make sense since how happy the girls look in the picture.

Madoka Magica the Movie: Not a Single F*ck was Given that Day
Old 2012-10-22, 10:04   Link #769
Triple_R
*Author

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised at how well PMMM is doing outside of Japan, and specifically in America. I expected it to do really well in Japan, but not so much outside of Japan.

But from what I'm reading here on this thread, it sounds like they're selling out American theaters, which is no small feat for an animated movie based heavily on a late-night anime.

For awhile now, I've suspected that the American anime fandom has been in decline (that's certainly what the bubble crash of a few years ago would have you believe), and so the reaction to the PMMM movie is really giving me 2nd thoughts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
It wouldn't really make sense since how happy the girls look in the picture.

Madoka Magica the Movie: Not a Single F*ck was Given that Day
Sayaka: Hey, Mami, isn't it so much fun to follow Walpurgis Night from one famous world location to the next seeing how much damage it's done?!

Mami: It certainly brightens up my day, Sayaka!
Old 2012-10-22, 10:09   Link #770
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm honestly pleasantly surprised at how well PMMM is doing outside of Japan, and specifically in America. I expected it to do really well in Japan, but not so much outside of Japan.

But from what I'm reading here on this thread, it sounds like they're selling out American theaters, which is no small feat for an animated movie based heavily on a late-night anime.

For awhile now, I've suspected that the American anime fandom has been in decline (that's certainly what the bubble crash of a few years ago would have you believe), and so the reaction to the PMMM movie is really giving me 2nd thoughts here.

I was really surprised by the turn out at the Chicago screening. The seats looked like they were filled completely. My friend went to the Rebuild Evangelion 1.0 movie at the same theater and he said the turn out wasn't nearly as good as Madoka's.

Quote:
Sayaka: Hey, Mami, isn't it so much fun to follow Walpurgis Night from one famous world location to the next seeing how much damage it's done?!

Mami: It certainly brightens up my day, Sayaka!
LOL now that would be a funny photoshopped poster. If someone could make it xD

I made one of Chicago (not destroyed of course)
Spoiler for Image:
Old 2012-10-22, 10:32   Link #771
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Fast! Now before Shaft deletes the video!

Movie 3 trailer:
OMFG, seeing the trailer now, I can't fucking wait for the third film anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The last shot from the trailer is pretty epic:

Spoiler for pic:

It's up to Homura to save the world this time around, it seems.
I have goosebumps. Ugh, I dunno if Homura can handle that alone. It's scary as hell.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 11:31   Link #772
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
I was really surprised by the turn out at the Chicago screening. The seats looked like they were filled completely. My friend went to the Rebuild Evangelion 1.0 movie at the same theater and he said the turn out wasn't nearly as good as Madoka's.

LOL now that would be a funny photoshopped poster. If someone could make it xD

I made one of Chicago (not destroyed of course)
Spoiler for Image:
I'd buy it.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 11:37   Link #773
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
no little girls in the theater , i'm disappointed
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 16:24   Link #774
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

You know, the thing that really sets me off in that movie trailer is not the red fog of doom but the fact tha Madoka has her back turned to the audience.

Let us see...

-Urobuchi said Madoka might not be handling her job all that well.

-Witches start coming back out of a sudden.

-The movie is about a rebellion, but whose rebellion? Madoka's, Kyuubey's or something else entirelly?

The way I see it, Madoka is trying to hide some serious problem under that pink skirt of hers, facing back to the audience if it gives any indication can only allude to her fluffy smile being downed by something she doesn't want people to be aware of.

It doesn't help the second movie calls the new world a facade to begin with.
All in all my wild mass guessing is that Madoka is actually Satan is good while she overstretched her powers trying to bear the brunt of despair through history. To be blunt, she started doing things her wish didn't cover and the evil god running the show decided to invalidade the contract if she didn't stop her free hugs nonsense.

Naturally, Madoka being a hope lovin blockhead, she made no compromise and shit just went to hell like a NATO intervention.

In the worst case scenario we got Gretchen trying to save face keeping the her friends under the notion that everything is fine.

At least, if the universe is plunged into chaos, we will have yuri with eldritch abominations.
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 17:30   Link #775
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Well, the "new world" just (or now) being Gretchen's barrier would sure be a nice development. I mean this hope thing is overrated anyways...

:S
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 00:35   Link #776
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
the evil god running the show decided to invalidade the contract
Pardon? Aside from Madoka herself, the Puella Magi universe seems fairly secular.

My personal interpretation is that, instead of any retcons or undermining of Madoka's accomplishments, the Wraiths are just responding in a way Madoka can't handle. The production notes gave them a motivaton of wanting to bring back Witches. The audio-only trailer mentions Hitomi and her "nightmare."

Perhaps the Wraiths created a loophole by possessing normal humans to get around Madoka's wish.
Old 2012-10-23, 01:36   Link #777
Triple_R
*Author

I'm going to throw a narrative speculation out there, that I think ties together a lot of the little tidbits that have been put out there (by members of the production staff, or by the trailer itself):

1) Madoka is slowly starting to crack under the immense pressure (and loneliness) of her new role and position.

2) This is partly why Madoka becomes very emotional when reunited with Sayaka following Sayaka's "death".

3) Following that reunion, we probably get some "catching up" scenes where we find out what Homura, Mami, Kyouko, Hitomi, etc... are all up to.

4) We probably skip back to a scene or two in Madoka's realm, where the initial recovery brought about by reuniting with Sayaka is starting to fade off. We see Sayaka trying to comfort Madoka out of her deepening depression, but to no avail. And this scene begins the major transition in the movie.

5) Due to Madoka's deepening depression, "MadokaWorld" becomes increasingly dark. The demons/wraiths start getting stronger and/or witches start reappearing as Madoka's mental state continues to worsen.

6) Homura is deeply alarmed by this, and correctly deduces what is going on. Homura becomes aware of how Madoka is "in pain", and wants to find a way to save Madoka. Homura hence essentially rebels against the new Madoka world to try to save Madoka herself.

7) Mami somehow learns of everything, and is absolutely terrified of going back to "the Puella Magi fated to become a witch" world (in keeping with Mami's reaction in Episode 10 of the TV series). This creates the basis of opposition between Homura and Mami which Kazu-kun noticed in the trailer. There will probably be a cool fight scene between them in the movie.

8) Homura ultimately prevails and/or Mami changes her mind. Homura continues to try to save Madoka (how Homura tries to do this would be a matter of pure speculation, so I'll leave that aside).

9) Madoka's emotional collapse finally leads to the resurgence of Walpurgis Night itself, perhaps even a more powerful WN than ever before. The climatic battle of the 3rd Movie is Homura facing the one opponent that she never could beat in the TV series itself, creating great tension here. Homura must find a way to defeat WN without Madoka's aid this time.

10) Homura ultimately defeats WN, at least in a basic physical sense. Whether or not she manages to "save Madoka", and what that even entails for the world as a whole, is beyond what I'm going to speculate right now though. But I do think that Gen will have Homura gain this ultimate victory over WN just to put the decisive "Oomph!" on Homura's character arc.

Along the narrative journey, I'm sure that Kyouko, Mami, and Homura will each get a chance to have flashy action scenes. We'll probably see Kyouko fight against wraiths if nothing else. We might get a Hitomi/Kyousuke scene or two, and maybe a scene or two with Madoka's family (in fact, Madoka's family coming under direct threat from WN might make the narrative even more suspenseful and intense).
Old 2012-10-23, 01:48   Link #778
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
7) Mami somehow learns of everything, and is absolutely terrified of going back to "the Puella Magi fated to become a witch" world (in keeping with Mami's reaction in Episode 10 of the TV series). This creates the basis of opposition between Homura and Mami which Kazu-kun noticed in the trailer. There will probably be a cool fight scene between them in the movie.
I just wanted to point out that this fight between Homura and Mami is probably a flashback to a previous timeline, when Homura was still looping through time. I think this is the case because Homura's using guns, and I don't think the Homura from the final timeline would use conventional weapons.
Old 2012-10-23, 02:59   Link #779
Eater of All
NOM

Watching Madoka on the big screen really is different. The Kajiura music was 50% more epic, and the art/animation was clearly improved. Also, THAT TRAILER.
The crowd was surprisingly tame, and only about 5 people raised their hands when the Aniplex person asked who hasn't watched Madoka before.

My only regret is arriving too late to buy merchandise. The artboards and wallscrolls were sold out.
Old 2012-10-23, 03:02   Link #780
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Just like Assassin-kun, Mami got too confident with the Kajiura music and lost her hat.

Tags
madoka magica, movie