AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 19:46   Link #3421
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finally taking a break from THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Festa -Funky Note-. Switched over to playing SD Gundam G Generation Overworld again. Finished World Core mode, on the final stage of World Tour, and getting ready to move into Over World mode. Currently have 84% of the unit collection.

Also gone back to playing Disgaea 3 on the PS3. I FINALLY made it to the Land of Carnage. I'm now exploring to get the higher rank items.

Fighting the urge to get any new games for a while. Though I'm being tempted to get some games off the game archives. I have the strongest urge to go back and play Chrono Cross and Wild Arms 2...even though I've quite literally completed those games. I actually took the time to get all characters on one game save for Chrono Cross.
Old 2012-11-14, 20:31   Link #3422
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post

Also gone back to playing Disgaea 3 on the PS3. I FINALLY made it to the Land of Carnage. I'm now exploring to get the higher rank items.
what a coincidence! this is also where i'm at on Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention for the Vita.
i kind took a little break now, since all that grinding for level ups kind of burnt my mind.
Old 2012-11-14, 20:52   Link #3423
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

World of Tanks mainly these days. Still need to work on Meruru/Disgaea 4 trophy.

I was on Planetside 2 beta. But after a patch that changed all my credits (14k) to nothing, I just lost all interest of the game.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 00:39   Link #3424
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
what a coincidence! this is also where i'm at on Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention for the Vita.
i kind took a little break now, since all that grinding for level ups kind of burnt my mind.
Yeah, grinding for levels in the Disgaea series is a real pain, especially if you don't know what you're doing. I spent nearly 200 hours on the first Disgaea and I barely got Laharl up to Lvl.1000...but by the time I got the DS version I wised up and was able to level up Plenair up to Lvl.8000 with the best equipments possible in about 60hrs. When you can defeat Prinny Baal with a single character then you've probably spent too much time obsessing don't you think?

If you can defeat Prinny Baal with a single hit then...(is that even possible?)

Though the Land of Carnage truly deserves it's name in Disgaea 3. I thought that I spent enough time leveling up and gathering items but no, I was NOT ready.

Atleast I'll be kept busy for a while.

I wish that they'd add the Vita version extra storyline characters as DLC for the PS3 version.orz
If my memory is correct doesn't the Vita version have all the PS3 DLC plus more added features? Did that include the Rasberyl episodes?
Old 2012-11-16, 01:14   Link #3425
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Yeah, grinding for levels in the Disgaea series is a real pain, especially if you don't know what you're doing. I spent nearly 200 hours on the first Disgaea and I barely got Laharl up to Lvl.1000...but by the time I got the DS version I wised up and was able to level up Plenair up to Lvl.8000 with the best equipments possible in about 60hrs. When you can defeat Prinny Baal with a single character then you've probably spent too much time obsessing don't you think?

If you can defeat Prinny Baal with a single hit then...(is that even possible?)

Though the Land of Carnage truly deserves it's name in Disgaea 3. I thought that I spent enough time leveling up and gathering items but no, I was NOT ready.

Atleast I'll be kept busy for a while.

I wish that they'd add the Vita version extra storyline characters as DLC for the PS3 version.orz
If my memory is correct doesn't the Vita version have all the PS3 DLC plus more added features? Did that include the Rasberyl episodes?
wait a second. let me pull out my vita and check the two new character's names
and the DLCs.

oh yep, you pretty much get EVERYTHING from the ps3 DLC. Rasberyl's story are there.
i still havent finish hers yet. lol. you get two new characters Rutile (cat girl, fist user) and
a tsundere Stella; they're both nice edition. Stella has a 3x3 attack which is very
nice for levelings.

my class room is fill with DLC characters! there are like 20 something of them and i
still havent gotten all of them either. i think there are about 5 or 7 more... > >;

i'm training all of these characters to super powerful for now: Pram, Overload Prier,
Rozalin, Desco, Raspberyl, Stella, Galaxy Mage, Rutile, Mao, and Tink (the frog, lol).
i can tell you that Disgaea 3 looks great on the Vita. somehow i think that Disgaea
is much better on handheld and Vita version looks really great. ^^

i'll see if i can take a few screenshots.
EDIT: here you go.
my classroom of DLC characters. :P
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Characters level and stuffs.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-16, 01:47   Link #3426
shinku no kage

...so basically it'd be cheaper to just buy Disgaea 3 on the Vita rather then pay for all the DLCs...assuming you have a Vita...orz

<- Doesn't have a PSVita yet

I wish I could add Rutile to my character list. orz
I believe her JP VA was the same VA that did Azusa's voice in K-on!...why must they torture me like that? Rutile = Azunyan

It must also be a plus since I assume that all the DLC characters have better equipment proficiencies then the generic characters. I'm also surprised to see the Disgaea 4 characters in there too. Who's next? Nippon Ichi-chan aka Nisa? (from the Hyper Dimension Neptune series)

*sigh*

(goes back to hitting the item world for higher ranked items)

*walks back in*

I just went back to watch the JP PV to find that the Vita version also had over 20+ BGM tracks added, character animation during conversations, use of Tera level magic, and so on...gawd, I'm seriously thinking about getting a PSVita for myself for the holidays.

...by any chance the save data of the PS3 version carry over to the PSVita? I really don't want to have to put all that time developing characters back in...orz

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2012-11-16 at 02:00.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 02:18   Link #3427
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ sorry Shinku, looks like you'll have to start over again. but hey, you can try out
the extra story for Stella and Rutile first and get them. i think they're the only two characters
you can get first without having to go to the post game.

every others DLC characters require that you be in post game. Stella aand Rutile will helps a lot early in the game.
i think you can start playing their story in mid chap.1 or 2.

also, no wonder her voice sounded familiar. Azunyan as Rutile!

EDIT: no characters from Hyper Dimension, sadly. i'm gonna wait for the vita version of Disgaea 4 with all DLC if that
will come out someday...lol. anyways, hope you can get a cheap on sales vita during the holiday. Black Friday is coming up after all.
Old 2012-11-16, 03:16   Link #3428
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Progressing nicely in Pokemon Black 2 (DS), trying to make sure my party of six are around the same level.
Old 2012-11-18, 02:10   Link #3429
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Finally convinced myself to pick up WWE '13, even though I completely dropped the show way back in 2006. Guess the whole "Re-live the Attitude Era" thing got me. Anyway.... played through Attitude Era Mode (probably enjoyed the Stone Cold chapter the most, not sure why..... he wasn't exactly my favourite wrestler back in the day). The whole "put Road Dogg through a table as Y2J to get yourself DQ'd in 4 minutes or less using a powerbomb as a special took waaaaaaaaay more time than it should've.... damn table physics. It's weird to say, but when I was playing through Attitude Era, I had compleeeetely forgotten that the current roster is in the game, only reminded when I went back to the prior menu and heard "Cult of Personality". All in all, I'm enjoying it more than WWE '12, but I still gotta say my personal favourite wrestling game to date is still WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007.

360: Got back around to Mass Effect, put it off to try out Halo 4 (no comment). I really do enjoy the exploring the universe thing, driving around on un-inhabited planets, Scavenging resources from planets, astroids, etc.... alittle dissapointed that they took alot of that out in 2 from what I've heard.

3DS: Still playing through Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, taking alittle longer than it should..... maybe I should stop switching between this and Paper Mario: Sticker Star until I actually finish something~
Old 2012-11-18, 17:46   Link #3430
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I picked up RIFT again. I wonder why this game isn't more popular... there's such an incredible amount of stuff to do, no matter what level you are.
Old 2012-11-18, 21:44   Link #3431
Alchemist007
*Author

Replaying Dragon Age: Origins.
Old 2012-11-18, 21:55   Link #3432
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I woulda picked Rift up but I had a pretty bad experience during their beta. Plus, I think their skill animations look so cheesy xP (when it comes to MMOs, I'm all about skill animations).

Currently playing DotA2, Minecraft (my bro got me addicted again xP), and SWTOR (not so much addicted to this though)

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 17:07   Link #3433
Dextro
He Without a Title

I just picked up LA Noire and Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD on the cheap thanks to amazon and was trying them out and reaching the conclusion that I really need a new PC for the first. As for the second: I still suck at this.

But what I'm really playing is Gravity Rush on the Vita. I had no idea the game had this much charm. I'm still not very good at using the gravity mechanic for combat and speedruns but the main character is just too damned cute.
Old 2012-11-22, 17:34   Link #3434
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
But what I'm really playing is Gravity Rush on the Vita. I had no idea the game had this much charm. I'm still not very good at using the gravity mechanic for combat and speedruns but the main character is just too damned cute.
I just got that game via PS+, I was kinda drawn in by the demo, so looks like I gotta make some time for this one.
Old 2012-11-23, 15:23   Link #3435
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Updated:

Planetside 2
The Walking Dead
Guild Wars 2
osu!
Halo 4
War of the Roses
Mount & Blade Warband
World of Tanks

Planning for:

Assassins Creed III
Old 2012-11-23, 23:00   Link #3436
shinku no kage

Been going back to playing Kami Jigen Neptune V since there aren't any games on my "MUST BUY" list of games.

Looks like it'll be the first game I get a platinum trophy on. Only need five more trophies and I've figured out what the conditions for four out of the five.
Old 2012-11-24, 03:35   Link #3437
Kelvykun

I'm playing Persona 4 Golden and Tales of Graces f :3.
Kelvykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 03:59   Link #3438
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Chivalry.

FOR AGATHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRR.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 04:01   Link #3439
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Gonna make one last ditch effort to get into Hyperdimension Neptunia. For years I've been trinyg on and off to get into it..... and I just can't. This is a game I SHOULD be loving, but with the REAL basic RPG elements... it's hard to keep concentrated on it. Hopefully, this time's the charm~

Vita: Of course it's Persona 4 Golden, which I'm loving. The game is just so much more visually pleasing than the PS2 version in my opinion. Took some time to get used to Chie's new VA (mostly due to the fact that I was playing Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS pretty steadily right before this game, so Chie was pretty much just Quark for the longest time to me). I doubt this game will be leaving my Vita for a loooong time, seeing as I plan to Platinum this game~

3DS: Still working on Virtue's Last Reward, not as much as I was with Persona 4 Golden on Vita keeping my attention. Only got about 4 story branches complete so far, all on the left side of the chart, gonna move to the middle next.
Old 2012-11-24, 18:58   Link #3440
shinku no kage

Finally snagged a platinum trophy on Kami Jigen Neptune V. My first platinum, ooohh~~

I even went through the trouble of doing most of the quests and getting the best equipments. Though the DLC Colosseum quests remain...but I can't really do anything about those unless I pay up for the level cap+ DLC. Those greedy yet cunning bastards, distribute the quests for free but make us pay up for the means to clear them. *shakes fist in air*

So for now I'm attempting to finish my trophy collection for other games. Currently looking at Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces f.

Definitely not going to finish the trophy collection for Disgaea 3 and Star Ocean 4 anytime soon so...

Hopefully that'll keep me busy until Fate/EXTRA CCC and Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA F (the PS3 version, with a "F", not a "f" like the Vita version) comes out next spring.

...unless I can pull together enough money to buy a PSVita. Which reminds me, is the PSVita region locked and how much do the games cost to DL if you have the UMD? So many games I want on the PSVita...