AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-07-07, 08:15   Link #2461
Breimoon

Who was the one keeping Annie locked? MP? If yes this could be the right chance to bring her back.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 08:22   Link #2462
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Who was the one keeping Annie locked? MP? If yes this could be the right chance to bring her back.
Annie is pretty much locking herself, they've been trying to "unfreeze" her to question her but without any success (as far as we know).

We don't quite know if she's conscious of her surroundings at the moment. If she isn't, then only someone who knows how Titan powers work could hypothetically bring her back.

Someone from the royal family maybe or the fanatic cultists, but why would they?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 09:42   Link #2463
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Annie is pretty much locking herself, they've been trying to "unfreeze" her to question her but without any success (as far as we know).

We don't quite know if she's conscious of her surroundings at the moment. If she isn't, then only someone who knows how Titan powers work could hypothetically bring her back.

Someone from the royal family maybe or the fanatic cultists, but why would they?
I think the question was "in whose custody is her crystal", which I'd like to know as well... It was never made clear, AFAIK.

But there is no way the survey corps is controlling that place right now, because they are fugitives now... so even if the crystal was in the hands of the survey corps, it was for sure confiscated already.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 12:36   Link #2464
Breimoon

I am thinking that Annie is locked in the same place as Eren, if that is so they can use Eren's new power to awaken her after they took care of the MP
Old 2014-07-07, 12:47   Link #2465
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
This chapter also show Armin's mental struggle. After he killed the girl, he cried hard. Jean promises that he will not be hesitate next time.
That sounds like the set-up for a yaoi dojinshi.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 18:55   Link #2466
Kinali

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So I guess Operation Rescue Eren, ONCE AGAIN begins... I am sick of it... So much for originiality.
Eren is just a plot device. It's just something we have to get used to. Even though Isayama said he warmed up to him. Isayama still doesn't know how to write him.

But I wonder if this rescue operation is going to work or fail like most of the time. Jean was smart to get the information from Marlow/Hitch but how did Marlow/Hitch have that information to begin with? I figured something like this would be top secret and only a select few would know. I also find it weird that Hitch and Marlow just happen to stumble upon them. Coincidence? Or did the enemy give false information on people they know could leak it?

I feel like chapter 60 is going to do mostly with Eren and Historia. Probably on what was happening to them while the SL was escaping up to the Operation Rescue Eren.
So we might not even get a rescue next chapter. Historia development time?
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 21:25   Link #2467
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
That sounds like the set-up for a yaoi dojinshi.
The yaoi genre kills a girl as the plot device?! The plot device is lame.

Quote:
I think the question was "in whose custody is her crystal", which I'd like to know as well... It was never made clear, AFAIK.

But there is no way the survey corps is controlling that place right now, because they are fugitives now... so even if the crystal was in the hands of the survey corps, it was for sure confiscated already.
Does it matter? Annie's confinement treatment will not change due to the change hands. Reiss family will have the final say.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 22:06   Link #2468
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
Eren is just a plot device. It's just something we have to get used to. Even though Isayama said he warmed up to him. Isayama still doesn't know how to write him.
Then why in the world would you create a main character that you don't know how to write about? I thought the prime directive for any storyteller is to know his/her characters better than anybody else around.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-07-08 at 01:35.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 01:23   Link #2469
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
The yaoi genre kills a girl as the plot device?! The plot device is lame.
If it's so Armin can save Jean's life, and then Jean "comforts" him about it ... yeah. Yeah, absolutely.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 22:10   Link #2470
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
But I wonder if this rescue operation is going to work or fail like most of the time. Jean was smart to get the information from Marlow/Hitch but how did Marlow/Hitch have that information to begin with? I figured something like this would be top secret and only a select few would know. I also find it weird that Hitch and Marlow just happen to stumble upon them. Coincidence? Or did the enemy give false information on people they know could leak it?
It's NOT known if this is the place Eren and Historia are being kept, it's the MP's main headquarters, which apparently isn't known to the public/other branches from the survey corps conversation excerpts. They're going there to capture/interrogate/steal info from anyone there who might know where Eren and Historia are being kept, it's perfectly reasonable for Marlow and Hitch to have information on the location of their own headquarters at least.
Old 2014-07-09, 10:14   Link #2471
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I think Annie was likely taken by the Military Police, or rather that part of the military police that is strongly tied with the government's black operations.

If Annie was taken by the survey corps we would have known, moreover even in the case of Eren the MP wanted to "take" him and Erwin had to struggle to obtain him.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 12:18   Link #2472
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think Annie was likely taken by the Military Police, or rather that part of the military police that is strongly tied with the government's black operations.

If Annie was taken by the survey corps we would have known, moreover even in the case of Eren the MP wanted to "take" him and Erwin had to struggle to obtain him.
I generally defer to the anime in cases of extra info not contradicted by the manga and the anime has Annie under the Survey corps authority who spirted her off to a secret basement, so even with their dusbandment it's possible the military police have yet to discover where the Survey Corp stored Annie
Old 2014-07-12, 04:11   Link #2473
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Is anyone bored of this human vs human? I wanna go back to the titan already.
Old 2014-07-12, 04:52   Link #2474
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Is anyone bored of this human vs human? I wanna go back to the titan already.
yep your not alone at this... I said this like 2chapters ago it takes AGES to get past this phase... there is so little "titan" in the whole attack on titan ;/. I wish they would return to ARB, Ape titan, basement, fixing the wall and the other village that ARB came from.

I hope that bringing H&M to current chapter points out that annie will be involved too in near future at least
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 19:45   Link #2475
GDB

I prefer Human vs Human to Titan vs Titan, but I'd also prefer Human vs Titan over either.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 23:03   Link #2476
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I prefer Human vs Human to Titan vs Titan, but I'd also prefer Human vs Titan over either.

The manga is called Kyojin, so most people come to read Human vs Titan. So far, the story is a lengthy human civil war plot. This plot must have a reason.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 23:19   Link #2477
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
The manga is called Kyojin, so most people come to read Human vs Titan. So far, the story is a lengthy human civil war plot. This plot must have a reason.
Most of the manga was human vs. titan, it's only been the last nine chapters that we've really gotten into human vs. human.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 12:35   Link #2478
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Most of the manga was human vs. titan, it's only been the last nine chapters that we've really gotten into human vs. human.
Problem is people who dont care about plot and prefer just fights.
Old 2014-07-13, 14:48   Link #2479
Raviel

Personally, I appreciate the current lack of titan slaying in the manga because with the plot going in the direction that it's going, we're getting closer to the people who might actually know the details behind the mystery surrounding the titans and the wall.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 04:55   Link #2480
kitten320

Isayama really needs to make Eren more useful. I like the guy and seeing him constantly rescued is getting WAY to repetitive!