AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-07-27, 15:13   Link #321
Miraluka
Banned

Omega Is going to be re transmitted on TV and some are speculating on a sequel.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 16:04   Link #322
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
It will be Koga's journey to save the CGI Saint who bombed
Old 2014-07-27, 21:02   Link #323
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
We need more Kouga x Aria. She needs to come back. Kouga needs a gf.
Old 2014-07-27, 21:13   Link #324
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
And Pope Harbinger...
Old 2014-07-27, 21:13   Link #325
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
They (implied) brother and sister. Besides, she chose Eden instead.

What we really need is Pope Harbinger!
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 23:31   Link #326
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
They (implied) brother and sister. Besides, she chose Eden instead.

What we really need is Pope Harbinger!
It can be retrofitted, like there's another mother in the there and.....they didn't show her in the first anime. Moreso now that Seiya has Saori. Kouga is the next in line so...
Old 2014-07-28, 06:16   Link #327
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The movie had 'bomb' written all over it, I don't know what were they thinking. :/
Toei's planning and marketing strategy seem to be absolutely terrible most of the time. I think the movie could do a bit better had they released it while SS Omega was at its peak - it was the only form of advertisement the franchise had in non-cable Japanese tvs in decades, after all.
..but then they wrap the show and put out a movie months later.

Another mistake in my view are the 3+ months between Japan and Europe/South America releases - it ruins any kind of "they're aiming at international markets" reasoning. At the point the movie reaches countries where Saint Seiya is still popular, almost definitely there'll be pirated copies floating around, not to mention the mostly negative word-of-mouth online can hurt its performance.

But i think One Piece made them so much money in recent years that they don't mind throwing a few millions away.

Btw, i'm from Brazil, and i can say i'm not expecting the movie to do a stellar job here...it shouldn't get too many screens, as it was licensed by a smaller company, the same one brought DBZ Battle of Gods. DBZ made $1,719,914 here, and it's probably as well known as SS. And it's hard to say if the visuals will attract newcomers or scare away a few old-timers.

Last edited by Goty; 2014-07-28 at 06:28.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 15:03   Link #328
Galaxian

Finally saw the movie, here are my thoughts about it: http://galaxianex.tumblr.com/post/97...-sanctuary-and
Old 2014-09-20, 10:51   Link #329
Miraluka
Banned

From the interview, the Producer Asama Yosuke confirmed Aphrodite isn't dead.

Use translate google for this:
https://sites.google.com/site/saints...ioparaplaytvbr

EDIT:

Do anyone reads Saintia Sho?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-09-20 at 16:07.
Old 2014-09-20, 18:21   Link #330
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So I read the interview and directly used it to expand its English wikipedia article. Here it's what I got:

Quote:
Several changes were made from the original manga. One of the most challenging parts from the production was deciding which fights should they feature so that they could bring the best visual impact. As a result, some fights from the original series were not used such as Phoenix Ikki against Virgo Shaka which was one of the producer's favorites. The Clothes' boxes, the Pandora's Boxes, were removed in favor of small pieces of metal to generate a better impact. Another major change was the gender of the Scorpion Gold Saint, Milo, who became a female Saint. It first started as a joke but the staff became so interested in that that they consulted Kurumada in order to get his approval. The change was made with the staff hoping their version of Milo would be as appealing as original.[13]

In the making of the main cast, it was important for the staff the personality of Pegasus Seiya. Comical scenes were added to the film in order to make him appealing to the audience. Saori Kido's role was expanded in comparison to the original series so that the audience would relate themselves with her. The idea was that her character would develop across the story to become worthy of the name of Athena. On the other hand, certain issues resulted in Gemini Saga lacking his depth from the original series.[13]
Old 2014-09-20, 19:14   Link #331
Galaxian

The DVD and Blu-ray will be released in Japan on December 5th. The limited edition comes with English subtitles.

Old 2014-09-20, 22:21   Link #332
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
The DVD and Blu-ray will be released in Japan on December 5th. The limited edition comes with English subtitles.

If I can afford it, I'll pick it up. By your review it seems like a good, fun action movie.
Old 2014-09-20, 22:31   Link #333
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
If I can afford it, I'll pick it up. By your review it seems like a good, fun action movie.
You know how the Godzilla movie was described as an "old-fashioned Godzilla film but with a bigger budget"? It's the exact same thing for Legend of Sanctuary (down to the Sagittarius Ex Machina and Shun not doing anything)

So if you enjoy Heated Battle of the Gods and Legend of Crimson Youth, you'll probably enjoy this one. If you watch it expecting a proper Battle of the 12 Houses, you might be better off just watching the second half of Omega's first season

Btw, the limited edition is about $100 in Amazon.jp
Old 2014-09-20, 22:36   Link #334
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
You know how the Godzilla movie was described as an "old-fashioned Godzilla film but with a bigger budget"? It's the exact same thing for Legend of Sanctuary (down to the Sagittarius Ex Machina and Shun not doing anything)

So if you enjoy Heated Battle of the Gods and Legend of Crimson Youth, you'll probably enjoy this one. If you watch it expecting a proper Battle of the 12 Houses, you might be better off just watching the second half of Omega's first season

Btw, the limited edition is about $100 in Amazon.jp
That's not too bad. But you might able to get the English-subtitled version by itself through eBay or something
Old 2014-09-20, 22:45   Link #335
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
That's not too bad. But you might able to get the English-subtitled version by itself through eBay or something
The things is that, according to Amazon at least, the regular Blu-ray just has Japanese subtitles, and the only one with English is the limited edition.

Though maybe when the Blu-ray come out in Europe and South America it would have English subs and they would be region free.
Old 2014-09-20, 23:03   Link #336
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
The things is that, according to Amazon at least, the regular Blu-ray just has Japanese subtitles, and the only one with English is the limited edition.

Though maybe when the Blu-ray come out in Europe and South America it would have English subs and they would be region free.
Dang. I gotta think on it. Knowing my luck, if I order the limited edition version a cheaper alternative will probably be available soon afterwards
Old 2014-09-20, 23:44   Link #337
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The film is going to premire here in Mexico next Thursday at midnight about three months after the Japanese release.

I'll be watching along with few friends just for recalling my childhood memories.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 00:18   Link #338
Miraluka
Banned

No body carea about Aphro lo.
Old 2014-09-21, 00:21   Link #339
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
No body carea about Aphro lo.
I do. I do. I even use him as my profile picture. Google translate is acting derpy on my phone, that's why I haven't been able to read the article yet.

Maybe we'll see him recovering in deleted scenes?
Old 2014-09-25, 12:23   Link #340
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool