AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-09, 10:16   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow.. where to start. :3

It must of taken around 5 minutes for Ota Kazuhiro character designs (the PaniPoni Dash style :3) to sink in. Of course you're gonna be thinking about the PPD class for the first few minutes once you enter into the classroom (what with the crazy writing on the back-board and all), but i like how they've already made a distance between the two shows, that helps for me as a big Negima fan to start enjoying this new show right from the start.

Starting the show of with the Eva' arc? With it probably being one of the fav's from the manga, starting it of is a nice lil' idea. Its still un-clear if the magical contracts between Negi & his students are going to be apart of this one, but if so - i believe that his first one with Asuna shall be a good kick of to there friend-relationship. It just depends on if it'll go that way or not. Asuna eye color.. thats still a shock to why they've been changed to the same color. There's no way i can see it being any kind of mistake, but there has to be a reason behind it, i mean they've got each girls hair color right (the first anime changed a few students hair colors, not really that bad, but its good to keep in the original colors if you ask me), but changing something like eye color doesn't make sense. As for Takahata, thanks to the first episode the mans even more of a legend - they've turned him into a right stud. :3

I'm always going to adore Shinkichi Mitsumune musical score from the first series, and still part of me wishes he would have returned to do the same for this series, but Haneoka Kei (Rec, PaniPoni Dash) has already do wonders for for the first episode. You get some pretty epic music which i hope to hear more of once the battles start, and some of the BGM's used in the class are just PPD all over. Hopefully the release date for the OST won't be to long away.

Anyway, i've said way to much about this already - but to end it of, i have to add in that the Baka Rangers add-on at the end was just genius. That is one song i need to get~
Old 2006-10-09, 10:17   Link #202
Hibiki Recca

Just watched first ep!

My thoughts are a bit all over the place. As far as I was aware this is not so much a remake of the first series (anime) but a total rehaul of the series. Explains why so many things are different (Evangeline appearing far earlier, Chamo as well). Taking that into context, I think it was a fair first ep, waiting for more before I form a more solid opinion. Still I think its best if I put the previous series out of my mind, and probably ignore the manga for now, since they seem to be re-designing things. Still will be cool to see the action scenes actually.. you know animated, opposed to before...
Hibiki Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 10:18   Link #203
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
The stuff on the chalkboard is not chicken scratch. They are making fun of other anime shows for example arond 19:26 there is a picture of chiyo-chan from azumanga daioh on the board.
OUr translator has been working on all of this and getting the notes down for a nice release. We have the HD raw so we will realease in that as well. So look forward to our release.

/me is BakaRed
Old 2006-10-09, 10:26   Link #204
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thats really good news darkfire, very much looking forward to the release.

& if you're BakaRed, then i'm BakaYellow~
Old 2006-10-09, 10:58   Link #205
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

...And Takahata looks like Archer, of course HE'S HOT!
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 12:06   Link #206
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Starting the show of with the Eva' arc? With it probably being one of the fav's from the manga, starting it of is a nice lil' idea. Its still un-clear if the magical contracts between Negi & his students are going to be apart of this one, but if so - i believe that his first one with Asuna shall be a good kick of to there friend-relationship. It just depends on if it'll go that way or not.
The Pactio system will indeed be part of the new series,
Spoiler for possible spoilers based on episode titles:
Old 2006-10-09, 12:07   Link #207
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

hmm ... Shiroth ... that one about the hair aren't 100% truth ... Natsumi have a greenish brown hair ... while in the manga she is redhead (and hates it)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 12:12   Link #208
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
hmm ... Shiroth ... that one about the hair aren't 100% truth ... Natsumi have a greenish brown hair ... while in the manga she is redhead (and hates it)
That one pretty much slipped my mind, though i don't remember 100% her hair being like that.
Old 2006-10-09, 12:21   Link #209
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [darkfire] View Post
We have the HD raw so we will realease in that as well.
Well, I guess it might be worth pointing out that the HD broadcast doesn't actually use an HD master (i.e. it was upscaled by the network), so you might be just as well-off releasing in a more usual resolution. That being said, I've noticed a lot of groups releasing upscales, so maybe encoders find merit in doing so...

Anyway, for what it's worth, count me among those who like the changes and the new artstyle, even though I'm a fan of the original manga too. Looking forward to the next episode.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 12:26   Link #210
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
even though I'm a fan of the original manga too.
Hopefully this new series can start to get people who aren't already reading the manga, to at least follow it & see just how the original goes. In my eyes its a master piece of a manga~
Old 2006-10-09, 13:17   Link #211
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by [darkfire] View Post
The stuff on the chalkboard is not chicken scratch. They are making fun of other anime shows for example arond 19:26 there is a picture of chiyo-chan from azumanga daioh on the board.
OUr translator has been working on all of this and getting the notes down for a nice release. We have the HD raw so we will realease in that as well. So look forward to our release.

/me is BakaRed
Excellent, yeah I noted the Chiyo-chan "portrait". Hopefully you won't have encoding problems that plagued Mahora (hopefully they'll solve their issues).

In general, I'm pretty interested in the new energy of this series which I've decided reminds me of the minstrels of olde times -- they'd hear a story told and then they'd tell it their own way and then someone else would tell it in their 'own personal idiom'. Like there are multiple versions of the medieval fairie tales or more than a few versions of Robyn Hoode or the multiple variations of the Arthurian cycle (I actually rather liked the recent movie Kelto-Roman version of the mythic history).

I've enjoyed the manga but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the anime.
Old 2006-10-09, 13:46   Link #212
Karnot
Banned

IMO, all those funny blackboard scribbles are not an excuse for several minutes of almost no visible movement (part with the asuna getting in class).
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 14:33   Link #213
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Gah, why do all the kickass series' I've been really looking forward to have to start just when I'm without my connection? Kanon is also sorely needed, not to mention all the other stuff like Mamoru-kun that I'm wanting to check out.

Well, I guess the wait will make it that much better when I finally get to see them

Quick Q: Is the art style basically the same as it was in the Negima Haru Preview/ OAV episode?

Strange how I really hated the new designs when I first saw still shots of them online, but after watching the OAV I fell in love with them completely (as will be seen by my current allegiance to Sayo-chan).
No complaining. I've been without a decent computer to run ANYTHING, for about 2 months now. Consider yourself lucky that you can run stuff from your collection while I'm stuck without a DVD-ROM and a pile of DVDs with stuff I could be watching right now. I can barely run XVid on this thing. Although I can sympathize with being unable to see your favorite character in the new anime, that must suck. Man this is balls for both of us!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 15:08   Link #214
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Narutaki Fuka does a decent Chiyo imitation
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 17:25   Link #215
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oki everything has been turned upside down...
massive difference in the first ep when compared to the original...i duno wht i feel about the drawing style...imo the original looked better or should i say cuter while this one is more grown up...also the girls looks hotter in the original id guess its gona take some time for it to sink in...
well its started off interesting but again as it wen on i can see cracks forming as the pace in which this is going at is way slower...negi seem more babyish and generally it wasnt as funny when compared to the original...
asuna seems to be a lot like tenma from SR
well the class room changed a big deal and wasnt Chamo ment to show up a few eps in? also the thing i didnt like about this start was that negi didnt get such a huge welcome as in the original...i was looking forward to seeing negi getting hugged and pinched on the cheek again

overall...its ok but again a lot of flaws and i just get the feeling that its gona turn out being too serious...but i duno maybe ill let a few more eps do the talking ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 18:40   Link #216
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
We'll be releasing a version 2 with a better quality. We'll also have translation notes for the stuff we didn't put on the chalkboard due to some complications and other notes, yep.
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 20:14   Link #217
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Season 2 my ass... Its more like a remake. And you guys are right. The anime looks almost like pani poni dash which i adore ^_^
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 20:27   Link #218
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It does look like a remake of the original one. I can see perfectly the character's outline around them. Well, as expected from episode 1, it's an introduction to many characters. The intro seems a little off though -- and they already left us with a cliffhanger?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 20:30   Link #219
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know, i thought people who understand this when it was mentioned a pretty long time ago..

This new series is not a remake, its not even 100% based of the original Manga. Its a new re-telling of the story.
Old 2006-10-09, 20:35   Link #220
rooboy
Umeboshi!

There's a new manga to go with it as well.