AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2022-01-05, 21:14   Link #121
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I hope this actually happens. Seems kinda remote and at risk to be delayed or canceled.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-06, 06:51   Link #122
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
That's a long bloody way away, but it's good we at least have a season.
My main pet peeve is their policy of shutting down anything that could have generated discussion and hype. The few things we have gotten about it is from the few people who went to live events, and even then they were told to keep their lips sealed.

Any teaser would have generated hype, but they chose to NOT do it. It is just. Sad. It's not even like Zombieland Saga where its pre-airing policy was to bait people who will watch anime. They chose to do it because... reasons.

Meanwhile, it's main concurrent conquered the overseas market.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-06, 07:05   Link #123
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't really think they want the event attendance not to talk about it. More like its release is still far away, so whatever they have shown may or may not be the final product, which is the usual stuff when it comes to JP media shown more than 6 months prior its actual release. It makes more sense considering its production has been really questionable since it was prepared more than 5 years ago, so production issues most likely happened. As such, I don't believe a teaser for a series which is not going to air before at least 8 months is a good idea.

As for their "concurrent", it is not really a concern because 1) overseas market was never their goal to begin with and the Japanese market is still favorable to KC despite being a 9 years old game 2) their game genre and demographic are way too different. Detractors would have jumped ship for another game anyway. Even then, the game lifespan has been a real outlier in the business, although Kadokawa could have done better for obvious reasons.
Old 2022-01-06, 23:23   Link #124
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

As for their "concurrent", it is not really a concern because 1) overseas market was never their goal to begin with and the Japanese market is still favorable to KC despite being a 9 years old game 2) their game genre and demographic are way too different. Detractors would have jumped ship for another game anyway. Even then, the game lifespan has been a real outlier in the business, although Kadokawa could have done better for obvious reasons.
Which was arguably a mistake though, considering that another similar game is actually doing rather well (and no, I'm not playing it). - Then again, if the translations that came out around the time of the last hack where they just banned all Foreign IP addresses, the issue might more be in whoever wrote that (dev)comment's head. (Allegedly contained "fucking foreigners".)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-07, 17:58   Link #125
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Will we get a passing of the main character status, or will Fubuki just be gone?
Old 2022-01-07, 18:22   Link #126
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I think Shigure was supposed to be the main character this time around, but I have no idea if it'll be a completely different set of Kan-musume or if Shigure's experiences will happen with Fubuki and her mates still around.
Old 2022-01-07, 23:03   Link #127
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The impression I got from what little we've gotten about this series is that Fubuki's series was early war (1942) while Shigure's seems to be late war (1944) at least in terms of the operations setting they are doing at the time and the ships that are around.
Old 2022-01-08, 03:28   Link #128
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I think Shigure was supposed to be the main character this time around, but I have no idea if it'll be a completely different set of Kan-musume or if Shigure's experiences will happen with Fubuki and her mates still around.
It's confirmed that Fubuki arc is over with the movie.

Last edited by Sheba; 2022-01-08 at 03:39.
Old 2022-01-08, 03:46   Link #129
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The only issue with this sluggish release is the fact that who cares globally? We got the shipgirl craze come and go, with only Azur Lane as the strongest survivor, and you can't even play Kancolle outside of Japan.

What is actually the point of Kancolle for a global anime watcher?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-08, 19:50   Link #130
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aside from the various fan made content that has come out over the years that has provided some very good story or personality to many shipgirls, not sure. Maybe to see them in motion and whatever antics come up.

For a while Kancolle was rivaling Touhou for fan output.
Old 2022-01-08, 20:07   Link #131
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The only issue with this sluggish release is the fact that who cares globally? We got the shipgirl craze come and go, with only Azur Lane as the strongest survivor, and you can't even play Kancolle outside of Japan.

This is why I worry this anime will not actually come out.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 10:49   Link #132
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Now that I think about it, being an overseas viewer of the Kancolle anime is next to meaningless in terms of value. It wasn't like the first season's story was so mind-blowingly awesome that it would encourage people to try the game out, and even if it had been a groundbreaking new work back in 2015, we can't even play the game anyways. Consequently, I'd actually be very interested to hear the reasoning behind why it took them seven years and a half years to actually get a second season out, when they should've wrapped things up quickly and move onto other projects.
Old 2022-01-12, 11:28   Link #133
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

It feels more frustrating to be a KC overseas fan than Touhou (yez, i use Touhou because it have been compared to). At least Touhou have a gacha game that is available in English and the actual gatekeepers are the purists who are all drowned out by those who were in for the memes and the doujins (remember when people came to KC because of Shimakaze and Kongou, and some in hopes to see Allies). Meanwhile, I have legit seen places like reddit telling players frustrated with the ridiculous difficulty of events in the browser game to suck it or leave (compare with 2014/2015 Kancolle, where it was hard but still manageable, and it was the "only" boatgirl game around. Since 2017, especially 2020-22, the headstart dont matter anymore). Some quitters were veterans who sincerely wanted the game and the fandom to prosper, only to be met with Loyalists being scornful to them.

Last edited by Sheba; 2022-01-12 at 14:57.
Old 2022-01-16, 21:11   Link #134
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Images
Key Visual
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kancolle's new anime project is now officially titled "KanColle: Someday On That Sea (KanColle: Itsuka Ano Umi de)".
Among those in the credits are C2 Kikan, one of the copyright holders of the KanColle brand, and the animation studio ENGI.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2022-01-17 at 10:22.
Old 2022-01-16, 21:57   Link #135
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The cursed lucky ships. The survivors.
Old 2022-01-16, 23:42   Link #136
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Going from that key visual, I wonder if this series is going to be more srs than its predecessor.
Old 2022-01-17, 10:26   Link #137
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By the way, correcting the title: it's "On That Sea".
Is this a reference to Leyte Gulf?

Old 2022-01-17, 13:25   Link #138
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless they go as far back at the Battle of the Philippine Sea, I image this is Leyte Gulf to Operation Ten-Go.
Old 2022-01-18, 07:10   Link #139
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Unless they go as far back at the Battle of the Philippine Sea, I image this is Leyte Gulf to Operation Ten-Go.
I think it's Surigao Strait.
Shigure is the main character, it's the right base, and I think we've already seen the Fusou sisters alive in a trailer too.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-01, 01:12   Link #140
Kazu-kun

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-04-12 at 13:12.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote