AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 12:09   Link #41
Vena
Carpe Diem

So that's how you give Zessica and Kagura a "satisfying ending"... by making them suddenly act like different people. I see.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:09   Link #42
bastek66

Shitwriting but hey, it was enjoyable.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:11   Link #43
ZetaAEUG

Okay so this episode seemed to be the team salvaging the mess that they made by choreographing an awesome mech battle scene. But somehow, it feels like a cop out. Mikono didn't merge Kagura and Amata nor did she merge the worlds, but I think she did some apologizing to Mykage for how Celiane 'stole' Apollonius from him. Kagura's sudden change in personality and his cooperativeness was jarring. The same could be said for Zessica, she suddenly reverted to being the likeable character she was pre-confession. Everyone survived though and main character got his girl, so I guess they were right when they said they made the ending with the intention of people not being butthurt.

On its own I'd say it's a good episode, but seeing as how bad the rest of EVOL was, it feels more like an apology than anything.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:13   Link #44
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I haven't seen the episode yet, but from what everyone is saying AmataxMikono is solidified? How solidified? Like kiss, or just hug?

Either way, I went into this series hoping for an AmataxMikono ending, so if that's what we got, I'm satisfied enough.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:13   Link #45
mixordia

I think Kawamori wanted to please everyone, his main characters have never been so criticized in his previous works, but at the same time, he don't want change his plans... Then he made a happy ending for his favorite couple, but didn't kill the public's favorite characters, Kagura and Zessica ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I haven't seen the episode yet, but from what everyone is saying AmataxMikono is solidified? How solidified? Like kiss, or just hug?

Either way, I went into this series hoping for an AmataxMikono ending, so if that's what we got, I'm satisfied enough.

No they survive in the end. Nobody dies or solidifies.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:15   Link #46
mayumi

This shit was waste of my time. seriously.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:16   Link #47
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Well I was pretty pleased with the episode shipping wise but still the back of my mind was like *REALLY?? OMG REALLY??* I know someone that isn't going to be happy about this but MEH I wont spoil it for them LOL
Old 2012-06-24, 12:17   Link #48
Mangaka-chan

Uh, there's going to be a movie? o_0 Do I smell recap?
Old 2012-06-24, 12:18   Link #49
ZetaAEUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Amata x Mikono is as solidified as Hikaru x Hayase or even better Max x Millia from Macross. It's undeniable now that Mikono was only interested in Amata, it seems. Kagura and Zessica both have a sudden, jarring change in personality and both of them now support their relationship. However, they (Zess and Kagura) don't interact with each other much in the episode, aside from being 'friends'. Don't let the avid shippers tell you otherwise.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:18   Link #50
Vena
Carpe Diem

Now I know why they dragged out the confession since Ep.19... because the plot wouldn't have worked otherwise.

Also, I like how we just went complete on FULFILL FATE! with Amata being overlayed on Apollo, Mikono with Sylvia. I like when themes completely reverse in one episode (along with characters, who the hell was the red headed guy? Kagura must have died last episode and been replaced).
Old 2012-06-24, 12:18   Link #51
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Unpopular opinion. I actually had no problem with the love story told here. I actually like Mikono and Amata. Not my favorite characters, but I love those two regardless.

And besides.

Not like Sylvia was any better with her brother complex.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:20   Link #52
raziel12

i was right i knew zessica was going to end up with kagura yessss lol
Old 2012-06-24, 12:21   Link #53
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
That's not what happened. Zessica is pretty unhappy in the ending, look at her expression in the group photo. There is no Kagura/Zessica ending.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:22   Link #54
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
No they survive in the end. Nobody dies or solidifies.
Errr, I meant "solidified" as in metaphorically. Did Amata and Mikono kiss, or was it just a hug/confession?
Old 2012-06-24, 12:25   Link #55
mixordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
That's not what happened. Zessica is pretty unhappy in the ending, look at her expression in the group photo. There is no Kagura/Zessica ending.
Kagura / Zessica ending would be totally strange and weird.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:26   Link #56
ZetaAEUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
No, stop that. In the epilogue, didn't you see how depressed Zessica was until she saw shushu and Amata/Mikono return to Vega? Still up in the air, but I think Zessica is still hung up on Amata but at least now she knows that she hasn't got a chance and is willing to move on. She didn't show much interest in Kagura.

Spoiler for group photo:
Old 2012-06-24, 12:26   Link #57
mayumi

Quote:
Now I know why they dragged out the confession since Ep.19... because the plot wouldn't have worked otherwise.

Also, I like how we just went complete on FULFILL FATE! with Amata being overlayed on Apollo, Mikono with Sylvia. I like when themes completely reverse in one episode (along with characters, who the hell was the red headed guy? Kagura must have died last episode and been replaced).
That's obvioulsy fighting fate cause Amata loves Mikono for who she now. Regardless of the overlap of Apollo and Silvia

Yeah, It is shit. Oh and Zessica can not win against fate.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:29   Link #58
Katapan
俺様祭り

> Shrade's vector crossing dimensions
Oh, maybe you're going to do it after all, Kawamori.
> ... but there are no life signs!
... lol.

In a nutshell: the shinyuu plot was nothing more than a huge tease (okay, this much is partly my fault for ever expecting such a production to go any further, but they even had a fujoshi in the cast and barely did anything with her in the end?!), big bangs were regained (seriously, what was the point? You give Andy his admirable speech and then have the big bangs come back just for show at the very end...? That doesn't serve a single purpose but to undo the character development you'd managed to achieve for at least one side character!), and I was left sorely disappointed.

I'll make sure to remember EVOL for its first half. It's just a huge shame that the resolution, which wasn't that bad per se (I did at least enjoy the Amata/Mikono final bits, but definitely not Zessica's face in the group picture...), has to be overshadowed by the fact that the series promised too many things at the beginning and obviously couldn't deliver in every aspect. I just can't help but brush off the feeling that the staff decided to set their priorities to AKB0048 halfway through and just felt like getting EVOL over with. That'll teach me to get this involved in a Kawamori series because the designs and cast were more appealing than usual. >_<
Old 2012-06-24, 12:30   Link #59
Radik

Quote:
I noticed that as well. Her expression in that photo was definitely meant to show us she hasn't gotten over Amata at all, they wouldn't have zoomed in on her otherwise. So not quite a happy ending for her but at least she's alive I guess. At least that makes more sense than Kagura's complete change in character. I have no idea where people are getting that KaguraxZessica end by the way. As for the rest, they totally "forgot" to explain what really happened to both worlds, but who cares at this point...
Old 2012-06-24, 12:31   Link #60
miketyson

So, in the end, the twist was that there is no twist. I doff my cap to you, OMG_ZERG_RUSH, and now 100% have no clue how this show made it past the drawing board stage.
Closed Thread