AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-07-08, 00:31   Link #81
rasedori
akatsuki member

o and have u seen the toys in the magazines? they r so funny. and once i was at the mall a little boy was like hey its saruto, but his sister said no its nar u to. well anyways naruto has infiltrated the u. s.
rasedori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 01:47   Link #82
hanxthre
Banned

Well you know the good thing about this is that Naruto will be the gateway anime for lots of kids that get them started...While the filler does stink and some character voices in the dub are unforgivable (Shino and Oro-sama off the top of my head) it will be an anime that when it ends or goes on hiatus will make kids (only familiar with anime in the US) look for more JP stuff...Just like DBZ was for a generation of anime fans Naruto may work in a quite similiar way (Motivating them to find more anime, usually fansubs)...So while some aspects of the infiltration sucks, other aspects will be very beneficial in time...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 02:36   Link #83
Nuzzles

What episodes are the dubs on now?
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 02:39   Link #84
hanxthre
Banned

They are already on the chunnin exams...The next all new episode will be Sakura vs. Ino in their first fight (it goes without saying i could careless about that ep)...This ep is in the 40's I think
Old 2006-07-08, 02:50   Link #85
Nuzzles

I thought they would've been past that by now. Oh well. I hope that a lot of new fans of Rock Lee will be born from the upcoming episodes. He's such a cool character.
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 03:02   Link #86
hanxthre
Banned

Oh after the Rock Lee vs. Gaara fight there will be an influx of Rock Lee toothbrushes and action figures being bought..Oddly enuff whenever I show a non-anime person an ep of Naruto the Rock Lee one is the first one I play...It's like if you don't dig this you're not worthy of watching anime...
Old 2006-07-08, 09:16   Link #87
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
Well you know the good thing about this is that Naruto will be the gateway anime for lots of kids that get them started...While the filler does stink and some character voices in the dub are unforgivable (Shino and Oro-sama off the top of my head) it will be an anime that when it ends or goes on hiatus will make kids (only familiar with anime in the US) look for more JP stuff...Just like DBZ was for a generation of anime fans Naruto may work in a quite similiar way (Motivating them to find more anime, usually fansubs)...So while some aspects of the infiltration sucks, other aspects will be very beneficial in time...
or Like Robotech, Starblazers, Battle of the Planets did for us old farts
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 09:23   Link #88
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
Oddly enuff whenever I show a non-anime person an ep of Naruto the Rock Lee one is the first one I play...It's like if you don't dig this you're not worthy of watching anime...
I showed a m8 the Lee Vs Gaara fight where he drops the weights, after that he wouldn leave my house untill he saw the end of the fight, then the end of the Chunnin exams -.-
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 10:06   Link #89
Wandy
Starlight StarBright~
*Fansubber

you don't wanna hear the english dub at all
that's all I can say...although i quit following this series >_>
Wandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 22:04   Link #90
Myoti

The dub is one of the best we've had in awhile and, best for the Naruto fans, you're getting uncut sets (granted it's going to take 10 YEARS for the uncuts to catch up Xp ).

Be thankful it's more popular and not butchered by 4Kids (my poor One Piece ;_; ).
Myoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 22:13   Link #91
hanxthre
Banned

well fans who haven't seen the JP version will definatley enjoy it...I actually think the voice acting is pretty good...Just too many voices don't fit...ALot of the voices sound good just don't fit the characters..
Old 2006-07-09, 10:35   Link #92
scorpio516

But as you said, if you've never seen the original....

Ignorance is indeed bliss

According to the anime insider, Naruto on cartoon network Ranked #1 in time period on all broadcast and cable with boys 6-11 and tween boys 9-14 for May...
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 15:36   Link #93
Myoti

I haven't seen the original, though I can understand them not fitting. Still, if the voices are good, it's still an improvement to the quality of most anime we get nowadays.
Myoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 17:00   Link #94
willynilly

I seen the japanese subs, and i think the english dub isnt all that bad, they didnt edit the part where sakura was hit by the kunais zaku through at her( i always love to see sakura taking a beating). But the thing that gets me is Oro's voice and changing curse seal to curse mark, and a few other change of words but overall its pretty good for a dub
willynilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 19:03   Link #95
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by willynilly
I seen the japanese subs, and i think the english dub isnt all that bad, they didnt edit the part where sakura was hit by the kunais zaku through at her( i always love to see sakura taking a beating). But the thing that gets me is Oro's voice and changing curse seal to curse mark, and a few other change of words but overall its pretty good for a dub

Yeah Oro's voice was awesome in Japanese, in the English dub he sounded like your typical bad guy. And another thing is the English Dub completely screwed one of my favorite parts, when Oro scared Kikashi when he confronted him in front of Sasuke. Other than that I have no problem with the English dub.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 01:05   Link #96
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

DEAR GOD!!! It kills me to hear kids talk about the Americanized Naruto. Nar-uto this Nar-uto that. Its ridiculous. And after showing my younger cousin a future subbed episode, he goes, what does Kage Bunshin no Jutsu mean? That just literally put me over the edge.

(Yeah it sounds like i'm on speed or something but seriouusly people. Do they really have to say the title "Village Hidden in the Leaves" in place of everytime Konoha is used?")

*I must say the voice of Orochimaru sounds more like Michael Jackson than a gentleman

The best dub I have seen by far is the Tenchi series (this is probably off-topic though)
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 10:53   Link #97
willynilly

Yea thats one of the main things that bothered me, they could of kept the japanese naming, it would gave the show a better feel if you ask me.
willynilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 17:36   Link #98
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
DEAR GOD!!! It kills me to hear kids talk about the Americanized Naruto.
It's barely Americanized, if at all...

Quote:
And after showing my younger cousin a future subbed episode, he goes, what does Kage Bunshin no Jutsu mean? That just literally put me over the edge.
I don't see what your problem is here.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 22:07   Link #99
janmurphy
but the soul still burns!

Send a message via MSN to janmurphy
All Ive heard about the dubbs is that they have a hard time saying Naruto right. But Ive been seeing the Naruto fighting game everywhere lately, the 1st one I think, (cant tell cause the covers different)
Im just glad its different than when I first got into anime, now if you want to see it in japanese you can. I keep telling people to encourage their kids with anime addictions cause it will introduce them to Japanese. =) And then when we win them all over we too shall have Animate stores!!! whhahaha go internationalization!
janmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 22:54   Link #100
Ryuujin

The first games of both the Gamecube and PS2's respective fighting game series are out now, with the second Gamecube game coming in September.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote