Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-11, 11:40   Link #61
syler321

great episode.
buggy is very funny in the episode...
so next episode is champion luffy vs magellan round 2?
luffy is gonna kick his ass now with his new trick...
Old 2009-06-11, 11:45   Link #62
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

@holypanl
_thank you...
Well Luffy+Mr. 3 combination did really happen just like u guys prediction before....
The Wax is technicaly just a way for luffy to be abble to make a contact to magelan..
just hope Mr.3 can keep up with luffy in 2nd gear.

And Yeaaa... I hope ODA give magelan a good farewell figh...
to baaaad he has to LOOOOOSE...
I love The Warden... Go MAGELAN!!!!
Old 2009-06-11, 12:00   Link #63
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Nice chapter, the Champion Luffy thing was hilarious. Although I'm still surprised that Luffy didn't attempt something similar in his first encounter with Magellan. And shame nothing was shown concerning BB or Shiryuu though.

The prediction for Luffy using Mr. 3's wax as armor came true, and the prediction of Jinbei providing an escape also did (although not by summoning a Sea King). Jinbei was pretty damn awesome in this chapter, he truly shines in the ocean. It's no surprise the chapter bears his name.

The ministories are a bit too short for my taste, wish they had started up sooner and were elaborated upon more.
Old 2009-06-11, 12:02   Link #64
andy

jinbei is a monster in water but we all knew that was going to happen . Wax luffy is awesome.
Old 2009-06-11, 12:04   Link #65
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
\The ministories are a bit too short for my taste, wish they had started up sooner and were elaborated upon more.
QFT. I definitely do NOT want two page ministories on Zoro and Usopp. That would be...disappointing.

Especially since I'm sure their ministories will be SO interesting. I know that when the crew comes back together, Zoro would have learned something AWESOME. I can't wait to see everyone together again.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-06-11, 12:08   Link #66
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

haha that was awesome!

as Crocodile put it "The way some abilities interact with each other really baffles me" I love the DF system its just great fun!

Champion Luffy ftw altho if he had his afro wouldbe even better!!!

jimbeis is totally awesome as you would expect!

and gotta love Buggy, Crocodile and Daz going for the battleship again awesome!
Old 2009-06-11, 12:40   Link #67
marvelB

Yep, as I expected, Jinbei's absolutely insane in the water. I still eagerly await the appearance of Ultimate Ocean Splitter in the coming chapters.

And once again I've gotta comment on how badass Buggy looked standing beside Croc and Daz. I'm still pretty sure that he'll pull off some awesome stunt during the battle against the marines. There would be no point in him teaming up with 2 Shichibukai and the el numero uno of Baroque Works if he didn't contribute to the ship hijacking plan in some way......

By the way, I found it pretty cool to see that the level 2 prisoners are helping Luffy and Mr. 3 fight Magellan. Sure, they'll probably get taken out in due time, but I still thought it was a neat moment, nonetheless. Seeing as Mr. 3 told Luffy that his wax will hold as long as there's no extreme heat, I wonder if Magellan plans to raise level 1's temperature to melt Luffy's armor? That would probably be the best course of action for the warden to take during the battle (maybe he can accomplish this by setting that forest on fire.....?). I still can't wait to see how the poison man will ultimately be finished off, though.....

Yep, definitely an awesome chapter here!
Old 2009-06-11, 12:45   Link #68
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

^^^

Sigh. I suppose you really enjoy seeing Buggy on screen . Who knows: Buggy may actually come back and really show us all what's what, but really he's been downgraded. He actually has lost a lot of his orignal style, come to think of it, seeing as I just read over the Buggy fight. He was actually pretty cool. Just that lost his shine to the cooler baddies who appeared after him.

Personally, I think, in retrospect, that he could have been a pretty twisted villain if he'd gotten the chance.

Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;

Then they came for me!
Old 2009-06-11, 13:23   Link #69
james0246

Okay, who else here thinks that Luffy needs to pull out an afro?

But then he would be too overpowered, I guess? (Afro-Luffy + Champion-Luffy + Adrenaline-Luffy = pure and total win...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
If the wax works against the poison, I don't really understand, how it could affect Luffy, who is made of Rubber, in the first place. Shouldn't his rubber-skin have isolated him the same way, the wax does now?
I'm still unsure why Luffy wasn't able to simply metabolize the poison, considering that Gear 2 forces the body into overdrive.
Old 2009-06-11, 13:26   Link #70
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Buggy is definitely out of his league here, and, as is befitting for a clown, is mostly used for comic relief. I did love his teamup with Mr. 3 though, and he did look pretty cool standing on the makeshift raft. Unfortunately for him, he came off looking quite uncool pretty soon afterwards.

By the way, it's nice to see another 'natural enemy' in terms of DF powers. Where Luffy was Enel's natural enemy, Mr. 3 is Magellan's, which is what Crocodile basically noted. If he wasn't so intimidated by Magellan, I'd say he could have made things difficult for Magellan on his own. Candle locks should still work fine, and with his full body wax armor he doesn't have alot of places for the venom to hit him. The main thing I guess he lacks is hand to hand combat skills.
Old 2009-06-11, 13:34   Link #71
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Buggy sure did look cool on the raft with crock mr 1 and jimbei
But I thought Mr. 3 would give luffy a full coat of wax armor not only wax his arms .. luffy can still be defeated his whole body is unprotected
Old 2009-06-11, 13:48   Link #72
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i just notice something the map in the chapter show SIX levels in ID. we never saw level 6 did we? So what is in-prison down in level 6?
Old 2009-06-11, 13:52   Link #73
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Yes, we did see Level six. It was the floor on which Jinbei was recruited into Luffy's gang.

Then they came for me!
Old 2009-06-11, 13:54   Link #74
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Yes, we did see Level six. It was the floor on which Jinbei was recruited into Luffy's gang.
for some reason i thought that was lvl5
Old 2009-06-11, 14:23   Link #75
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
If the wax works against the poison, I don't really understand, how it could affect Luffy, who is made of Rubber, in the first place. Shouldn't his rubber-skin have isolated him the same way, the wax does now?
How? Rubber-skin does not prevent him to bleed. The skin shows rubber characteristics but it is still skin, if forced hard it can penetrate deep enough to cause trouble. And, even if he can convert his body to rubber, the main body functions will still stay the same. If he breathes air, he will continue to breathe air. And if poison enters that air, what can rubber do?

With the wax, it completely becomes a different component, separate from the body. Anyway, I think Crocodile said something on why it worked, basically matching abilities (even though the way he was saying was more like comparing a mouse and an elephant).
Old 2009-06-11, 14:34   Link #76
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

This looks like a chapter designed only to measure Jinbei's strength.Magellan looks like he is in trouble now.But the thing troubling me is : He has no chance to attack now that there is mr3 to prevent.Even the lesser prey is taking actions against him now and he is not saying anything...So according to shonen manga rule book, I say prepare yourself for some secret doku doku no mi tech that will melt through everything
Old 2009-06-11, 15:04   Link #77
Prestige

I have been mustering my willpower and denied myself for reading spoilers...its been so damn hard but I dont want spoil my pleasure for upcoming chapters and being able to read chapter coming as full suprise will be awesome...

But damn this is hard, temptation to check spoilers even at glance is overwhelming.
Old 2009-06-11, 15:19   Link #78
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
So we end the chapter with just landing on a battleship after all that "content".....Pretty boring and slow.^^

And as I read every passing chapter it seems to me that the SH pirate's will be in this war....I'm still hoping they don't but right now it seems very likely and that would suck.
Old 2009-06-11, 15:26   Link #79
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I wonder if Magellan can make a more acidic poison to dissolve the wax? I mean he can't go down THAT easily.
Old 2009-06-11, 15:42   Link #80
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
So we end the chapter with just landing on a battleship after all that "content".....Pretty boring and slow.^^

And as I read every passing chapter it seems to me that the SH pirate's will be in this war....I'm still hoping they don't but right now it seems very likely and that would suck.
Yeah I agree you man, content for this chapter was only 5 times more than other SJ series chapter with same amount of pages

F*cking awesome chapter, I didnt checked spoilers this week and wait really paid off! Nice for early release though.

Jinbei is hardcore.... seriosly it was theorized that he would be unstoppable at sea and he truely is, he could decimate entire armada of ships in minute if he would want to.

I dont think Croc can even try to betray Luffy now by attempting to steal ship because Jinbei would own him in instant.

Mr.3 was GREAT in this chapter, hes ability truely synchronize well with Luffys gomu-gomu powers resulting the ultimate Candle Champion Luffy! Magellan is awesome and has truely shown that he is fit for chief-warden but I don't think he got much chance now

Luffy means business and Mr.3 wax powers fixed his weakness against Magellan, together they will take Magellan down, not without fierce fight I believe.

Can't forget Buggy either, its kinda shame that there was no double page image for Croc,Daz Bones and Buggy riding that raft storming towards Battleships, it would been awesome.

Very content rich chapter even though we only had 17 pages this week, very much happened and Jinbeis full powers were revealed, more Croc is always awesome, Mr3+Luffy combo has been unleashed and battle over Warships are about to start with super flashy combo of Buggy/Crocodile/Daz Bones...

Aaah shit can't wait for next chapter, this arc just wont slow down
Closed Thread