Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-11, 15:52   Link #381
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Well, the next episode will include another 2 chapters, and with this they'll clear the first 3 arcs and maybe start the Flask Plan Arc, but I can't see a meaning in this if they'll do only 12 episodes in one cour.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 17:55   Link #382
Clarste
Human

Spoiler for episode 2:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 18:10   Link #383
Last Carpet

Saw episode 2

Spoiler for ep2:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:36   Link #384
[HearT]

Episode 2 was pretty good I liked that they combined two stories in one episode,

really looking forward to next weeks episode, the artwork looks really good in the preview~♥

Akune~~~~♥
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:45   Link #385
sikvod00

Ep. 2: Well, that's one way to "humanize" someone who's portrayed as a perfect, super-powerful being: make them show signs of jealousy, stupidity, and an unhealthy affection towards animals.
It must be really lonely all the way up their in the clouds, where Medaka lives. Hard for people to relate to a god, afterall...
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 03:40   Link #386
EroKing

Freebies from episode 2~

100x100

100x75 (mangatron got his wish of some bounce, too bad she was wearing a suit )
Old 2012-04-12, 04:19   Link #387
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, what's the point of animating this without Kumagawa? Oh well.
Why do you think Imaishi left Gainax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
If Gainax plays it smart I think they should make this season of the series 2 cours and animate at least until the end of Kumagawa's story arc. Anything less than that might have less appeal overall. A lot of fans are probably just watching this anime purely for Kumagawa to pop out.
They won't play it smart since Gainax is a shell of their former selves and they'll just pump out a lazy adaption without even knowing why the manga is as popular as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I hope that it'll be the same deal as with the Horizon, and we'll get more seasons judging from the sales... by the way the first volume of the series is already climbing high:
***,*70位 ★(***,**0pt) [*,***予約] 2012年07月25日 めだかボックス 第1巻 [Blu-ray]
They're releasing it quite late, aren't they? (Nisemono's tactic?)
It's already dropped to #270... and that's after Episode 2 aired. Medaka is Medaka and Zen doesn't have enough swag to carry this series period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valid View Post
They must be planning to do the flask plan arc as it says on the official website that zenkichi uses savate fighting style and that hansode is the headmasters granddaughter which we do not know until the flask plan arc
It was rumored to be split cour from the start... along with Gainax as the studio and Imaishi as the director... which may have been true @ the time.. but he left Gainax....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 04:19   Link #388
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

im looking for confirmation if this series will only be 12 episodes and even here on animesuki its stated at 12 episodes, darn i still hoping they will make a second season for this like your all predicting, second season may come when sales are good *sigh* hope it will sell well
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 04:25   Link #389
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
im looking for confirmation if this series will only be 12 episodes and even here on animesuki its stated at 12 episodes, darn i still hoping they will make a second season for this like your all predicting, second season may come when sales are good *sigh* hope it will sell well
Well it started off alright on Amazon rankings (peaked @ around #36 after it got listed) but just checking now.... has dropped to #240 for the Bluray and is #5,420 for DVD... and Episode 2 aired..

To quote a post from the AnimeOnDVD sales thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelancholicMariya
I think I just read on Yaraon people on 2ch are insisting this will bomb and that the stalker doesn't count cancellations. The Stalker not counting cancellations is true, but I wonder what is making them think that this series would bomb (maybe what I was using to translate the text was translating it poorly and it came off as such). Granted when they said that Medaka BD1 was at 76, now it's at 38, and the rest of the volumes are all sitting at 112 - 116.

To me it sounds like it's doing pretty good, not great, it's not a hit, but it's still pretty good none-the-less.
Maybe he read the post wrong.. but regardless it's not performing well.
Old 2012-04-12, 04:27   Link #390
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I wonder how many times they're going to shove Medaka's flaws down our throat and shout about how she's human after all, with all the subtlety of a brick to the head...

Well everything else was funny at least. Seriously loled at the dog chasing Zen.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 04:40   Link #391
orangejuicetang

Wait, so do we know how many episodes this show has? I thought it was 45, but now it's apparently 12?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 04:41   Link #392
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Wait, so do we know how many episodes this show has? I thought it was 45, but now it's apparently 12?
The 45 Episodes was listed on a single site and had no source to confirm it, 12 episodes is from the Blu-Ray and DVD listing. It has always been 12... and we'll probably get 12 more in 3-6 months after these 12 finish.
Old 2012-04-12, 04:45   Link #393
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
it's not performing well.
aw looks like Gainax is going downhill for the past 2 years, the last success they have i think was Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 movie, everything they done later like Panty and Stocking, Dantalian no Shoka, Hanamaru Youchien, Houkago no Pleiades are all not selling well as far as i know

im liking the art and frantic animation of Medaka Box its like Gurren Lagann animation and i love that show, hope the sales will turn around for the better
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 04:51   Link #394
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
aw looks like Gainax is going downhill for the past 2 years, the last success they have i think was Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 movie
Correction. While they had a hand in the Rebuild of Eva movies, the animation production is under Anno's own Studio Khara, not Gainax. The current Eva franchise is pretty much no longer under their name, just like most of their famous animators who ran off.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 06:44   Link #395
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Freebies from episode 2~

Spoiler:
Claiming the one on the 2nd row, 4th from the left.
Old 2012-04-12, 07:45   Link #396
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It was rumored to be split cour from the start... along with Gainax as the studio and Imaishi as the director... which may have been true @ the time.. but he left Gainax....
Can you please fill me in on the story why he left since I haven't heard of this yet. And is it really that bad as you claim it to be? Yeah, he was the key animator for some of Gainax's works and director of TTGL and PSG. But he's just one guy.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 08:17   Link #397
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Can you please fill me in on the story why he left since I haven't heard of this yet. And is it really that bad as you claim it to be? Yeah, he was the key animator for some of Gainax's works and director of TTGL and PSG. But he's just one guy.
He was the best director they had left and he took a lot of talented people along with him, combine that with Anno founding his own studio for the Evangelion movies... (Khara) and you don't have much left.
Old 2012-04-12, 08:56   Link #398
Homura7

Have they said how much of plot are these 45 episodes gonna cover?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:00   Link #399
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Have they said how much of plot are these 45 episodes gonna cover?
It's 12 episodes, 45 was flat out wrong and never had a source.
Old 2012-04-12, 09:04   Link #400
Homura7

What, 12? Is this gonna be split into various seasons or what. How much do they expect to cover with just 12 episodes. Although the next one seems is gonna cover 3 chapters of the manga, I wonder.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen