AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 00:49   Link #2301
cshin9

Here they are: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20.
cshin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 18:34   Link #2302
Awrya
U mad?

Just read Vol.16, Ch.3 and there was something that piqued my interest.
Quote:
30 allubons..... Saito stayed silent to conserve power for calculations inside his head. That's almost about 10,000 square metres of land! Since ancient times, in the modern day Japan, how many people are able to own such a large piece of land.
10000 square metres should be 100x100 metre, to be honest it doesn't sound like much, especially since there is a mansion. How does such a small place make 12000 ecu annually? Or should it have been square kilometres?
Old 2012-09-14, 22:59   Link #2303
cshin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just read Vol.16, Ch.3 and there was something that piqued my interest.

10000 square metres should be 100x100 metre, to be honest it doesn't sound like much, especially since there is a mansion. How does such a small place make 12000 ecu annually? Or should it have been square kilometres?
It's not a lot. In a Korean translation it was a bit ambiguous, but I think it said 10 km x 10 km (100 km2). It's probably not 10000 km2 since that's way larger than a city.

On another note, a lot of these translations aren't directly from the Japanese original. From what I can tell, they're being translated from the Chinese translation.
Old 2012-09-14, 23:04   Link #2304
cshin9

Thanks, serenade_beta, for your summaries. Have you read Louise's mom's side stories? They look more interesting than Tabitha's side stories.
Old 2012-09-20, 22:09   Link #2305
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshin9 View Post
Thanks, serenade_beta, for your summaries. Have you read Louise's mom's side stories? They look more interesting than Tabitha's side stories.
I haven't read the side-stories. To be honest, there isn't enough interest left inside me to bother reading them.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:31   Link #2306
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I haven't read the side-stories. To be honest, there isn't enough interest left inside me to bother reading them.
If anyone here still cares about ZnT, I've got a LN thread over at Spacebattles on this. Includes summaries about Tabitha and Karin Side Stories.

Link here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...on-etc.220679/
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 19:51   Link #2307
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Do we still have no news on the author now?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 12:44   Link #2308
Aknazer

Quote:
It's not a lot. In a Korean translation it was a bit ambiguous, but I think it said 10 km x 10 km (100 km2). It's probably not 10000 km2 since that's way larger than a city.

On another note, a lot of these translations aren't directly from the Japanese original. From what I can tell, they're being translated from the Chinese translation.
This is really going to depend on where you come from for what you consider to be a "bit" of land. If it is 100km x 100km this still wouldn't be a "lot" of land for someone to be in charge of. While it might be bigger than a city (again depending on where you are from), it can also be smaller than a county. And with the exception of some of the smallest states in the US, it is FAR smaller than a state. As I'm American, 100x100km is roughly 62x62mi, and when I've driven cross-country it normally takes ~300-500mi to travel from one side of a state to another.

Another thing to consider is that we're talking about wine-growing (well, one doesn't "grow" wine, they grow the grapes and turn them into wine). So you're going to need a decent amount of land for that. 10x10km you can walk from one side to the other in 2-3 hours tops (and even faster if someone is travelling by horse) and I doubt it could accomodate the farms needed to raise 12k ECU a year.

So I think 100km x 100km could still be a reasonably "small" amount of land for one to basically be a lord over (even if it is a huge amount of land for us peasants to think about owning). Of course this could also be the American in me skewing my view since the US is such a large country and has tons of land that 100x100km doesn't seem "that" large to be a lord over.

Last edited by Aknazer; 2012-10-25 at 08:33.
Aknazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 13:33   Link #2309
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, new news, I guess:
https://twitter.com/hexagonzero

Had to go to the hospital and have surgery again, wanted to release a new volume at the beginning of the next year, but it seems impossible now.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-11-18, 14:59   Link #2310
Awrya
U mad?

So we won't get a new volume in the beginning of next year, but his posts gives hope that we might see Vol.21 in 2013.

Running his tweets through google translate gives quite few interesting translations
Old 2012-11-18, 23:06   Link #2311
Miraluka
Banned

Aww. Hoping the new volume(s?) will be satysfing enougn... I don't care about Louise anymore though .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 13:38   Link #2312
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im a henrietta fan but i doubt she will win so im hoping for a harem end
Old 2012-12-01, 18:15   Link #2313
Silimir

@Aknazer:

Well I'm translating Chapter 5 and 6 right now and their is still no new information about Des Ornières lands. Hope I'll be able to give you some news soon!

It's pretty hard to get new informations about Volume 21 and 22. Let's hope we will have something more concrete. I have heard about winter 2013!
Silimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 23:30   Link #2314
cshin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
This is really going to depend on where you come from for what you consider to be a "bit" of land. If it is 100km x 100km this still wouldn't be a "lot" of land for someone to be in charge of. While it might be bigger than a city (again depending on where you are from), it can also be smaller than a county. And with the exception of some of the smallest states in the US, it is FAR smaller than a state. As I'm American, 100x100km is roughly 62x62mi, and when I've driven cross-country it normally takes ~300-500mi to travel from one side of a state to another.

Another thing to consider is that we're talking about wine-growing (well, one doesn't "grow" wine, they grow the grapes and turn them into wine). So you're going to need a decent amount of land for that. 10x10km you can walk from one side to the other in 2-3 hours tops (and even faster if someone is travelling by horse) and I doubt it could accomodate the farms needed to raise 12k ECU a year.

So I think 100km x 100km could still be a reasonably "small" amount of land for one to basically be a lord over (even if it is a huge amount of land for us peasants to think about owning). Of course this could also be the American in me skewing my view since the US is such a large country and has tons of land that 100x100km doesn't seem "that" large to be a lord over.
Well, Belgium is 30,528 km2 and the Netherlands is 41,528 km2. Since Tristain is based on those two countries, 10,000 km2 would amount to about one-seventh of the entire country. That is not a small piece of land, especially since Saito isn't a highly ranked noble (unlike Louise's father).

By the way, do we actually know if Jessica and Scarron are descended from the pilot? We only know that they're related to Siesta, but how do we know if it's Siesta's mother side or father side that's descended from the pilot?
Old 2012-12-07, 07:14   Link #2315
AP24

Update on the author: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...leave-hospital

Looks like the author just got discharged from the hospital and will resume work early next year. I think the final volume will be released next year.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 01:36   Link #2316
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Hmm, this thread appears to be dead. Regardless, I want to throw in my 2 cents. In vol 18 during that near sex scene, I assumed it was just going to be a comedic scene and nothing serious since I didn't see summaries elaborating it. Now that I was able to read through it in Chinese, it was one of the sweetest scenes in my opinion. It is a shame there are no translations for it yet, although I might consider translating that one chapter. I'm such a terrible reader since I only read scenes like these and skip the rest lol.
Old 2012-12-14, 14:51   Link #2317
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, it can't be helped that the thread is dead. There hasn't been a new release in a long time, nor can we be sure one will come out soon either, because of the author's current conditions.

Old 2012-12-14, 16:46   Link #2318
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Still quite barren considering translations for this series are still ongoing. Maybe the ZnT days are over? Or people are just content with summaries? Perhaps there will be comeback for this series after Vol21 comes put, whenever that is. Hopefully it will be next year.
Old 2012-12-14, 23:57   Link #2319
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Still quite barren considering translations for this series are still ongoing. Maybe the ZnT days are over? Or people are just content with summaries? Perhaps there will be comeback for this series after Vol21 comes put, whenever that is. Hopefully it will be next year.
I sometimes think about going back to translating for Baka-Tsuki, but I eventually come to the conclusion that I am too busy with other stuff. School, personal projects, video games. (-_-; )

Old 2012-12-15, 10:49   Link #2320
Miraluka
Banned

Still I don’t know what I’m hoping for in this series final .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen