AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-03, 15:41   Link #81
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
and as for a talking cat with a wireless brain.....SOLD.
I'm easily pleased.

Heh, I thought that was great too.
Old 2007-03-03, 17:11   Link #82
Kisuke06
I see...

The trailer is very good! I'll check this one for sure.
Old 2007-03-03, 17:19   Link #83
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Was it me or the backgrounds on the trailer were too bland? And the characters seemed to stand too much from them.

Pretty good trailer anyways, I'll sure as hell check it out. Jazz Yoko Kanno ftw! Even though I'm not really into crazy bat-shit insane comedies, like FLCL, and I hope it doesn't follow its style.
Old 2007-03-03, 17:33   Link #84
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Pretty good trailer anyways, I'll sure as hell check it out. Jazz Yoko Kanno ftw! Even though I'm not really into crazy bat-shit insane comedies, like FLCL, and I hope it doesn't follow its style.
I don't really see the relationship between Darker than Black and FLCL, the trailer showed me a grittier Read or Die with a (pseudo)sci-fi background and a more traditional Bones animation that mixed Host Club’s designs, or am I the only one seeing the similarities here, with fast paced yet still “realistic”, in terms of not cartoony I mean, movement. Nothing in it was actually reminiscent of FLCL.
Old 2007-03-03, 18:02   Link #85
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Youtube version of the 3 min trailer http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Gc0zSN_D34
Old 2007-03-03, 18:27   Link #86
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Yay! Finally I was able to watch it!

Though character designs aren't of my particular liking, animation seems good enough (but this is a trailer, so it's no guarantee... wait, studio BONES is on this, there IS guarantee ) and there's lots of cold-blooded action going on... and of course, Kanno-sama's music, which would be enough for me to watch it anyways xD.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-03, 19:03   Link #87
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Yeah I love the music. Character designs aren't that bad. Animation was great. I'm pretty sure they'll keep that animation quality consistent since it's 26 episodes.
Can't wait till it starts.
Old 2007-03-03, 22:20   Link #88
DangerMouse

The main character's weapon is pretty interesting. The trailer already has him using it some deadly ways.

I really like the character designs, though perhaps the main guy's face is a bit sharper shaped than the usual Bones design which was noticeable for just a moment, but I think I'm already used to it seeing it in motion in the trailer and it seems fitting since the look of him is really cool and the other designs weren't effected like that in any way. Yin looked great in that short shot of her in the alleyway, I assume we'll get a peek of what she can do in a later trailer, closer to air time ofcourse heh. The description of her abilities are damn cool, she better get into the action, perhaps as the smooth hand-to-hand fighter. (If anyone's seen any of the second season of Avatar, you know why I'm praying for Bones to give Yin the action attention she looks like she deserves from the magazine spreads, fighting with that emotionless look and neat eyes )

Huang looks very tricky and interesting, Misaki looks quite cool and the cat is going to rock, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareel View Post
I think the "C.C. Clone" bears a decent amount of resemblance to Anemone from E7. I can vaguely see how you might see CC in her, but the vibe the character gives me is totally different, and I think she gives off a more freakish disturbed vibe like Anemone.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-03-03 at 22:54.
Old 2007-03-03, 22:33   Link #89
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Youtube version of the 3 min trailer http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Gc0zSN_D34
Awesome! thx for posting that.

The show looks even better than I imagined.
Old 2007-03-03, 23:08   Link #90
kujoe
from head to heel

I got to finally see that new trailer, and I'd have to say that it's oozing with sex appeal already. Thanks, Haohmaru.

I actually also like the style of the art. This one is definitely right up my alley. Simple, sharp and clean—not too shounen-ish nor doll-like jousei. I'm not expecting RahXephon-level awesomeness, but I'm really crossing my fingers here. Don't disappoint BONES!
Old 2007-03-04, 02:57   Link #91
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I don't really see the relationship between Darker than Black and FLCL, the trailer showed me a grittier Read or Die with a (pseudo)sci-fi background and a more traditional Bones animation that mixed Host Club’s designs, or am I the only one seeing the similarities here, with fast paced yet still “realistic”, in terms of not cartoony I mean, movement. Nothing in it was actually reminiscent of FLCL.
Dunno, that was the vibe I took from the trailer. But maybe you're right.

The main character looks great, by the way. I always love characters with masks.
Old 2007-03-04, 03:10   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I found the trailer kind of bland as well. The animation was good and I thought the designs and colours were solid as expected of BONES, no questions there and the music was good as well, but the feel of the trailer felt...I dunno, empty? Maybe it's the boring narration or maybe the trailer itself felt...generic?, but whatever. Either way, it didn't really 'hyped' me up like I thought it would, considering some of the positive opinions towards the trailer before it was tubed.

Though I couldn't really see the FLCL connection. Sure it had a fast-paced action-feel, but how many action series trailers don't?

And yes, I STILL CAN'T GET THE GODDAMN TRAILER TO WORK. I did WinAMP, FF 2.0, EVERYTHING. I gave up.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-03-04, 22:50   Link #93
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

@Nightengale: Maybe you don't have all the DRMs on your computer. It worked for me in WMP 11, but I had to get all the DRMs and upgrade WMP to view Reideen ep. 1 and GR: Giant Robo episode 1 prior to this. At any rate, it looked better on Youtube than at 56K offered on the website.
Old 2007-03-05, 14:40   Link #94
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
At any rate, it looked better on Youtube than at 56K offered on the website.
If you have a really fast internet connection, the Nifty site from earlier in the thread has a 500k and 1M version of the extended trailer...ofcourse you need a rather nice internet connection to view those
Old 2007-03-07, 07:43   Link #95
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I've seen the trailer, it is another anime to add to my "must watch" anime list for this spring, along with StrikerS, Devil May Cry and Lucky Star.
Yoko Kanno's music did flow so good with the noir-like (the genre, not the anime) setting.
Yin reminded me a lot of Shizuma from Strawberry Panic tho. ;O
Old 2007-03-07, 08:34   Link #96
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
@Nightengale: Maybe you don't have all the DRMs on your computer.
Watch your language.

In some parts of the interweb, you'll be literally murdered for saying that, or sued which ever way you look at it.....

Anyway, does anyone have any more information on the characters or when this will be aired?
Old 2007-03-07, 10:35   Link #97
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Anyway, does anyone have any more information on the characters or when this will be aired?
Try this post which wao has written in the beginning of the thread.

As for the air time, I believe it starts on the 5th of April on MBS at 25:25 at night.

It's the same time slot as Code Geass. And, apparently, after Darker than Black finishes, Code Geass will continue in the same timeslot in October.
Old 2007-03-08, 11:05   Link #98
wao
OK.

Well well, as befits the shows of the well-connected MBS network, Darker than Black is having tie-ups for its OP and ED...

OP is by Abingdon boys school, who last did the D.Gray-man OP, and is fronted by, well, none other than Takanori Nishikawa - aka T.M. Revolution. Famous for singing the first OPs for Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny, as well as Rurouni Kenshin's 3rd OP, which I must say I have a very particular fondness for...

ED "Tsukiakari" by Rie fu, who did the BLEACH ED "Life is like a boat" and the GSD ED "I wanna go to a place..." (which I like a lot more than Life is like a boat).
Old 2007-03-08, 13:15   Link #99
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
ED "Tsukiakari" by Rie fu, who did the BLEACH ED "Life is like a boat" and the GSD ED "I wanna go to a place..." (which I like a lot more than Life is like a boat).
Stupid question here. Is that Bleach ending the first one (the only one I've ever seen)? Because I hated that one.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-08, 13:18   Link #100
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Stupid question here. Is that Bleach ending the first one (the only one I've ever seen)? Because I hated that one.
Yes, it was the first one.

EDIT: I kind of sped through Wao's posts - when does this start again? Isn't it soon?

Tags
action, supernatural