AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-06-15, 08:15   Link #101
forest child

Yeah.....thats weird! I mean hes the one thats been around longest and yet the one we know about the least!
forest child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 00:35   Link #102
d.Lughie

that's why... maybe Oda is preparing for a plot twist for Luffy's 'REAL' flashback.. ^^..

wow.. if Oda is pulling this up.. He's gotta be the most genius storyteller in the world.. ^^
d.Lughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 17:32   Link #103
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Huh? How the heck did I make your post sound like a troll post? If I thought your post was trollish, I wouldn't have responded at all other than saying it was trollish. All I did was give my own opinion in return, and I get this long-winded reply of hurt ego. Sheesh, sorry man.
I don't think you're any particular type of person at all. I think you're reading far too much between the lines.

I think there's a good chance that we haven't seen all of Luffy's past. There might be a lot tied into the history of One Piece that we aren't allowed to see yet, though from what we did see, it's true that it's not incredibly sad.

As for Usopp, I really do think he childhood was very sad, when you consider the fact that he was left all alone for most of his life. He seemed to have no friends until he met those 3 younger kids, which was a lot later on, and they don't exactly seem like the kind of friends you can go to for advice, they more or less looked up to him. It also is almost morbidly sad that he so resisted believing his mother's death that he actually ran around still yelling that the pirates were coming even AFTER she died. And I'm still not entirely convinced that his admiration for his father isn't covering some hidden anger. It's always been Usopp's personality to cover the truth with what he wants to believe in its place. Take Going Merry, for instance.

It's just misunderstanding on both part then, no big deal ^__^

Also it's not that Ussop's past isn't sad, it's just that I don't think it is in the magnitude the others are [except for Luffy].

I had tear coming out of my eyes when I read Zoro's past back than, even though right now his past can't really stack up to other Strawhats as well..
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 16:52   Link #104
notme
団長

I would just like to point out that Nami was forced to betray the SHs too when she stole Going Merry and left for Arlong Park. Also, Nami was known for betraying people just as Robin is. Arlong even laughs about how Nami will betray anyone for money.

Robin, at the very least, had some freedom. She may not have had anything to hold on to, but at the same time that means that she had nothing holding her back (until the SHs).

Nami on the other hand had her village held up over her head as a sacrifice for years. If she stepped too far out of line it would mean that her actions would have been what ultimately killed everyone in her village. Robin was never forced to feel anything like this at all.

I don't think it can really be said that one had it worse than the other though. Both were pretty horrific.
notme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 15:00   Link #105
Anguille

The 8th member will be Merry's Klabautermann
Anguille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 17:48   Link #106
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme
I would just like to point out that Nami was forced to betray the SHs too when she stole Going Merry and left for Arlong Park. Also, Nami was known for betraying people just as Robin is. Arlong even laughs about how Nami will betray anyone for money.

Robin, at the very least, had some freedom. She may not have had anything to hold on to, but at the same time that means that she had nothing holding her back (until the SHs).

Nami on the other hand had her village held up over her head as a sacrifice for years. If she stepped too far out of line it would mean that her actions would have been what ultimately killed everyone in her village. Robin was never forced to feel anything like this at all.

I don't think it can really be said that one had it worse than the other though. Both were pretty horrific.

But Arlong give Nami a really long leash, he just need her to draw maps for and she is free to do anything she want. As for Robin, there's a big bounty on her no matter where she go.

As for betraying, Nami does as a sort of revenge, she's taking out on other pirate because she despise Arlong and believe all pirate are evil and deserved to get their money stolen by her and betrayed, she was not force to do so and does not need to if she choose not to, Robin on the other hand needs to betray them just to survive and that was what she learned, betray them before being betrayed.

But you're right both past were terrible and sad.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 10:54   Link #107
RonaldC

It's pretty obvious that it's Franky.

I wonder what his "comical side" will be?

For example, Luffy always does something ridiculous, and the crew will yell with exaggerated expressions, "You're not supposed to do that!"

Zoro is always sleeping, Nami is greedy, etc.

Maybe Franky's will be that his personality changes too rapidly when he is low on or high on coke. (Franky's mood/strength is based on the amount of coke he has in his stomach/container)
RonaldC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:14   Link #108
tidus0728

^ I'm thinking Franky playing guiter, making up song for some occation.

Quote:
But Arlong give Nami a really long leash, he just need her to draw maps for and she is free to do anything she want.
I don't think Arlong was going to free her even if she draw the entire map of the world. I would think if Nami does indeed made map of entire world, Arlong would just throw it in to the sea and force Nami to redraw everything.
tidus0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:26   Link #109
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus0728 View Post
^ I'm thinking Franky playing guiter, making up song for some occation.
BINGO!!!

Franky is the musician that Luffy has been looking for from the start
It all makes sense now!
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 23:52   Link #110
shimplicity

since he's a cyborg, maybe he messes around with his gadgets.. and keep the trio (luffy, chopper, usopp) entertained with all the cool stuff he can do..

and i can just imagine luffy stealing franky's cola..
shimplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 21:57   Link #111
Xillie

Haha. He does meet the criterias for musician and ship repair man cuz he does know about boats. but aw man what if they changed the coke when he was sleeping. Mroe veggie drinks? xDD
Xillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 22:27   Link #112
chitgoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldC View Post

For example, Luffy always does something ridiculous, and the crew will yell with exaggerated expressions, "You're not supposed to do that!"

Maybe Franky's will be that his personality changes too rapidly when he is low on or high on coke. (Franky's mood/strength is based on the amount of coke he has in his stomach/container)

franky's personality would be sentimental

and i wouldnt be surprise if the new crew member aint franky. robin and franky are dangerous to be together it's wise to have them far apart so that the government wont be able to get their hands on them at one instance...
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 00:27   Link #113
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Franky burned the blueprints, that was the only thing they wanted from him.
If you think about it, Robin + strawhats is pretty damn dangerous. Put all the dangerous people together.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 05:31   Link #114
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldC View Post

I'm wondering just how extreme Nami's running gag is gonna be with Franky (after stealing THAT much money from the SH, and thus mostly Nami's "stash")
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 23:29   Link #115
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
one thing is for sure I think, Franky will make his dream ship for Luffy...

but it's not sure if he come with them to repair that ship, cause Tom didn't go...

I think that musican will be a woman, and I thought that Robin could be it after seeing one ED XD

but does anybody have parents except from Ussop? it's not that half of them doesn't have a last name, but they all miss parents :P

Nami lost her parents in war or something, Sanji was living on a ship, Zoro never showed to have anything except Dojo, Luffy had no real flashback (we got to know his brother while he was already on Grand Line), Robin had her parents killed, Franky was abandoned, Tony was abandoned by his family, and Ussop that had family lost it they all orphans

but we still don't know nothing abou Luffy's grandpa (I think that he's big part in Will of D, and Roger might have been Luffy's uncle) cause Luffy was afraid of him

everybody that is in SH lives freely, with no place to return, and only chasing dreams (cause thats the funnier way)

and the reason why people might don't like Franky's voice is because it's Mr.2's voice too (and Jango - but that's cool)

8th crew member is not important, what improtant is bouties (and that's a great reason why Franky would join them)
Old 2006-10-17, 10:53   Link #116
regasatanum

lets move on! so now who's gonna be the 9th member of strawhat ?
regasatanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 11:33   Link #117
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by regasatanum View Post
lets move on! so now who's gonna be the 9th member of strawhat ?
There going to go back to alabasta and get Vivi.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:45   Link #118
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest child View Post
Yeah.....thats weird! I mean hes the one thats been around longest and yet the one we know about the least!
*nodds head* you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right. I fell bad aboutRobin and i ammad that we don't know most of her past. NEED MORE EPISODES ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pinkflower80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 17:25   Link #119
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
moving on... it will be a musican, cuase pirates likes to sing

but dunno if DF user, since Ussop filled the creative site, and Nami got her weapon from him I don't see anybody coming with something better, (cyborg is on board, so nothing better than Ussop or Franky can't come)unless someone will mix Ussop's and Chopper's help to become relaiable to team...
it probably will be DF user since we are on Grand Line and how many people we can get that can suprass normal human strengh like Zoro or Sanji?

I guess musican's DF ability should mix with singing or playing

but we still can get some saientist, mermaid or someone controling animal (but not lame as dude from buggy's crew) - but the last one brings more about relationship between the tamer and pet so, it's difficult and we already have Chopper as cut pet

I bet that next thing we will see will be the same place Roger was or something related to him (if not summit)... if we knew what kind of crew he had we could speculate what profesion we might see next

I bet that if they meet Roger's Chef he will tell Sanji that at the end of their journay he will find All Blue or something
Pirate King gather a lot of fate to himself, so Luffy always gets everywhere in time just before tragic situation just to stop it , and change the future

maybe another D to the team someone with as much diffrent characteristic from Luffy as possible (as D's will holder)

Nico Robin's past should be left behind cause that way she can came up with back-up info anytime it's needed

Last edited by Wolcik; 2006-10-17 at 17:50.
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 23:46   Link #120
S_C_L-1

again, "summit" was figurative...
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote