AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-02-11, 17:27   Link #981
Cinocard

Just had time to read the new chapter.

I thought the Hall of thunder would be something. Seeing Erza so healthy like that disappointed me... Her toughness is 200 times more than normal?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 18:31   Link #982
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post

I thought the Hall of thunder would be something. Seeing Erza so healthy like that disappointed me... Her toughness is 200 times more than normal?
It might have something to do with her armor, it was called the "lightning emperor armor" or something like that. If it weren't for that she probably wouldn't be able to handle most of it. Although even with that im kind of disappointed as well.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 19:08   Link #983
Ultenth

Talk about a series of massively anti-climactic moments these last few chapters...
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 19:39   Link #984
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:

You tell me. :P

She's the one who took a direct hit from Phantom's Cannon and still battled one-on-one with Jose for a good while to keep him from attacking the other guild members.

And even if the lightning power was halved, that's 100 - her being one of the Top 4, she could withstand that...either that or a certain MystGun helped from behind the scenes.
Old 2009-02-11, 19:59   Link #985
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I agree, Tempest. A few chapters back(off the top of my head):

Luxus:"Erza's fine, but she's still too weak"
Mistgun: "Erza? Weak? You must be blind"

Even though that was Mistgun's opinion, he said it seriously. And that can't be ignored.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 20:29   Link #986
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
You tell me. :P

She's the one who took a direct hit from Phantom's Cannon and still battled one-on-one with Jose for a good while to keep him from attacking the other guild members.

And even if the lightning power was halved, that's 100 - her being one of the Top 4, she could withstand that...either that or a certain MystGun helped from behind the scenes.
What bugs me the most is she can still talk just fine, when just one hit took Visca out cold, and before that were all those talk about life and death... Either it's incredibly bullshit for me, or those ball are just super duper weak that a light touch can break them, and 200 weak attacks are of course no trouble. But that also means the others are all idiot.

Oh well, it's shounen.

Could have been better if the page having those ball collapsed replace by Erza with hundred swords. We have that already, but I won't complain if it's Erza
Old 2009-02-11, 20:42   Link #987
t3ck
Anime Freak

IMO, it doesn't matters whether you destroy 1 or 100, if you do it at the same time. It will just generate the same amount of voltage so Erza actually took the same damage as the others (she was wearing the knight armor instead of the thunder emperor).
Old 2009-02-11, 21:02   Link #988
Cinocard

You think so?

Why don't you try using your hand to touch an electric plug, then 2 at the same time to see if it's the same...

Really, the only explanation i can think of is that this is "magic link," the reflecting thunder is created using the magic power of the attack. So no matter if it's 1 or 200 balls, Erza can only receive so much attack power as high as her own.

Which means those balls are not tough at all. And others are idiots, using full force to crush them..

In fact, Erza alone can crush 200 at once. No matter how strong she is, if those balls were THAT hard to break...
Old 2009-02-11, 21:09   Link #989
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, this is also the reason why Ezra's S-class and they're not. lol They most likely didn't know how much force to use but hey, in that situation, better to crush with more force than nessacary than to not use enough and have to do it again.
Old 2009-02-11, 21:10   Link #990
NDK
ArtRodriguez

Come now doesn't anyone actually BUY the manga?
NDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 21:19   Link #991
Ultenth

Only problem is the manga in the US is ohhh about 7 out of 14 volumes behind in terms of releases.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 21:24   Link #992
NDK
ArtRodriguez

Indeed, HOWEVER they're coming out pretty quick. It's about a three-four month wait. I much rather wait. I was up to about 100 before I quit cold turkey.
Old 2009-02-11, 21:31   Link #993
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDK View Post
How come nobody buys the manga? well its a quite simple anwser... You can get it for free in 2 minutes or less on the net.

Also some people just arent capable on buying it, why? either they have too travel a long way to buy it or the volumes arent avaliable there.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 21:33   Link #994
NDK
ArtRodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
How come nobody buys the manga? well its a quite simple anwser... You can get it for free in 2 minutes or less on the net.

Also some people just arent capable on buying it, why? either they have too travel a long way to buy it or the volumes arent avaliable there.
That really only applies to people that live in countries where they search your packages. In reality how ofter do you hear of Yugoslavian anime fans.

If you have to travel or order from the internet then do it. It's people like that that make the manga/anime industry broke. (See Geneon)
Old 2009-02-11, 22:11   Link #995
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDK View Post
That really only applies to people that live in countries where they search your packages. In reality how ofter do you hear of Yugoslavian anime fans.

If you have to travel or order from the internet then do it. It's people like that that make the manga/anime industry broke. (See Geneon)
Half of the world you are talking about (or more?)
Old 2009-02-11, 22:58   Link #996
Slayerx

Quote:
You think so?

Why don't you try using your hand to touch an electric plug, then 2 at the same time to see if it's the same...

Really, the only explanation i can think of is that this is "magic link," the reflecting thunder is created using the magic power of the attack. So no matter if it's 1 or 200 balls, Erza can only receive so much attack power as high as her own.
Your trying to compare real world logic to "magic" logic... That's the funny thing about magic, it follows its own rules and doesn't have to subscribe to any kind of real world logic... ergo hitting 200 at once deals the same damage as just hitting one, and is thus less painful than hitting 200 one at a time

Grant it though, the lack of a clear explanation, is a bit of a mark of poor writing as assuming that hitting all of them at the same time deals the same damage as hitting one, is too big of an assumption... frankly, had Ezra kept wearing the lightning armor, then THAT would have done fairly well to explain as it would significantly reduce the amount of damage
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 23:28   Link #997
Cinocard

Then what's the talk with life and death about? That's what ticked me the most.

What is its own rule? I've stated why it sounds dumb. And nowhere in the manga states anything to prove other wise. Until it does (which may never happen) the "own rule" you speak of is just the rule your brain thinks of, isn't it? We are just trying to justify the manga we like. That's it, we still like it nevertheless.
Old 2009-02-12, 02:07   Link #998
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Much as I'd love to spend all of my money on fairy tail manga, there's only one shop in town and it's seriously out of date.
About Erza: her power is not just her insane hax armours, remember that when she was introduced she was effortlessly carrying a huge demon horn and 1HKO'd Natsu in the train later on.

About Luxus: I doubt his magic is dragon slayer-type, apparently that kind of magic is known only by dragons and possibly takes many years to learn (somehow Natsu and Gazille count as being older than 80 o_0) but Luxus had lived with Makarov his entire life, so he's probably just really proficient with lightning magic.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 03:07   Link #999
t3ck
Anime Freak

Quote:
Then what's the talk with life and death about? That's what ticked me the most.

What is its own rule? I've stated why it sounds dumb. And nowhere in the manga states anything to prove other wise. Until it does (which may never happen) the "own rule" you speak of is just the rule your brain thinks of, isn't it? We are just trying to justify the manga we like. That's it, we still like it nevertheless.
Well, we are all trying to decipher what the mangaka is drawing with our own thinking. It's speculation of a magical world, where nothing was ever explained in logical details, especially one by Hiro Mashima. Like how you were suggesting that "the reflecting thunder is created using the magic power of the attack", is what you stated in bold above. And to justify fantasy shounen manga with real world logic is kinda dumb... no?
Old 2009-02-12, 05:15   Link #1000
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Talk about a series of massively anti-climactic moments these last few chapters...
Spoken for truth...

When Luxus was introduced, he seemed like this hax character with insane power, but so far he hasn't been able to accomplish anything. He only rages in futility as each of his plans gets completely demolished - the petrification was undone, his underlings were defeated and now the hall of thunder. Seriously, if he doesn't do some serious damage the next couple of chapters, he will be the biggest joke so far.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen