AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-11-02, 22:20   Link #501
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

episode 5??????????/ wut the? did u guyz get that from fan subs or did u watch it from tv? or did u watch the RAW ?
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 23:07   Link #502
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaasu View Post
episode 5??????????/ wut the? did u guyz get that from fan subs or did u watch it from tv? or did u watch the RAW ?
Most of them probably watched it from the raws as the subs definitely aren't out yet... and ep 5 may be a while...
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 23:28   Link #503
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Yeah it seems only one group is doing this.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 02:07   Link #504
monstratboy

I have a sneaky feeling Suzaka's transfer into Lulu's school is as a spy for Britannia or Euphie.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 02:08   Link #505
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Two friends ARE on opposite sides but I really can't compare this to Gundam Seed anymore (it did seem very similar a while ago though)... Its got the whole school thing, the whole terrorist thing, the whole Japan vs. Britannia/America/whatever imperialism thing, and the whole crazy supernatural badass Lulu thing. In another words, this ain't a Gundam-style mecha show, no matter how it seems to be at first.

Definitely a good show though.
No. It's feeling more like Gundam SEED Destiny for me.
Suzaku throughout this entire episode had this Kira Yamato I DUNNO WHAT WE SHOULD DO WITH THE WORLD, BUT LET'S STOP ALL FIGHTING I INTERVENE WITH MY FREEDOM GUNDAM/LANCELOT...ugh
Euphemia = Queen Lacus.
I hope it doesn't end up that way.

The LAST THING I need to see is Lelouch do a Shinn Asuka and "repents" for his actions....God that would totally suck.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 02:11   Link #506
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Suzaku throughout this entire episode had this Kira Yamato I DUNNO WHAT WE SHOULD DO WITH THE WORLD, BUT LET'S STOP ALL FIGHTING I INTERVENE WITH MY FREEDOM GUNDAM/LANCELOT...ugh
haha funny and ironic...
*kira/suzaku blows everyone up*
kira/suzaku : see! now look what you made me do...peace is bloody

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 09:09   Link #507
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Euphemia = Queen Lacus.
Yeah, so? Kira & Lacus in a totally different setting should yield totally different results. And Lelouch is actually well-liked by fans, unlike poor Shinn. Plus Fukuda & Morosawa & anyone that was involved with GSD are too far away from this show to ruin it.
Old 2006-11-03, 09:14   Link #508
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
That's the major upside. Even if there are similarities it's safe to say it won't end up the same way the joke SEED Destiny did it seems. The show seems pretting interesting, checked out the first three episodes and kinda hooked. Just wish others were subbing this, the waiting is annoying.
Old 2006-11-03, 09:14   Link #509
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Euphemia = Queen Lacus.
That's pretty drastic, but no one certainly hopes to see things end up that way, that's for sure.

Besides, the newest episode allowed me to do a double take on Suzaku. Perhaps he isn't as idealistic as we thought him to be, after all.

Quote:
The LAST THING I need to see is Lelouch do a Shinn Asuka and "repents" for his actions....God that would totally suck.
That...Is next to impossible, at least in my opinion. If Sunrise pulls something like that off again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yeah, so? Kira & Lacus in a totally different setting should yield totally different results. And Lelouch is actually well-liked by fans, unlike poor Shinn. Plus Fukuda & Morosawa & anyone that was involved with GSD are too far away from this show to ruin it.
LOL to that. Mustn't forget about the difference of having C-2 in as well. I'm pretty sure there isn't a character as interesting as her (thus far) from GSD.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 09:23   Link #510
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effect View Post
Just wish others were subbing this, the waiting is annoying.
As koda said earlier, get our TL fired from his job, then we could hurry it up. It's not like we're purposely delaying the releases.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 16:20   Link #511
monstratboy

You know for the longest while I've been trying to figure out who this little red haired boy is. Then at work today while i was watching episode five again (C.C. rocks), I realised it was actually Karen with her brother Naoto and Ougi in the background.

Old 2006-11-03, 18:10   Link #512
HazardNights

Wow, I didn't make the connection at all. Was wondering who that was as I was trying to pick out characters in the opening and ending. Due to the setup of that image all the focus is directed at the child that I didn't even noticed the brothers in back to much. Knowing how character designs from Japan tend to be in recent years I wasn't even sure if it was male or femal, the design looked more on the male side as well. So I didn't even think it could be a girl.
Old 2006-11-03, 19:06   Link #513
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Actually the character designs of the ending sequence look A LOT like Kimura's typical style (especially that one with loli-Karen and her brother), almost without anything left from CLAMP's original concept-design and style.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 04:46   Link #514
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstratboy View Post
You know for the longest while I've been trying to figure out who this little red haired boy is. Then at work today while i was watching episode five again (C.C. rocks), I realised it was actually Karen with her brother Naoto and Ougi in the background.

I guess I'm the only person that knew immediately it was Kallen the moment I watched the ED for the first time? o.O
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 05:07   Link #515
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

^I doubt it. Apart from the hair colour it does have her name (紅月カレン - Karen Akatsuki) written on the report sheet.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-04 at 05:20.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 06:25   Link #516
monstratboy

Its only because I identified Ougi that I realised it must be Karen. I just can't imagine Karen looking as tomboyish as she acts. Everything about the kid just seemed like mommy's smart little precious boy. Her school persona just throws me way off I guess, and the fact I can only understand latin based languages.
Old 2006-11-04, 07:55   Link #517
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

My Japanese sucks tbh but I don't find it too difficult to pick out nouns then cross reference them against the official site or the Code Geass page on Wikipedia. Thankfully the latter is well maintained by more informed people than me, such as Renegade334.
Old 2006-11-04, 09:12   Link #518
Retsoor

Two new episode titles, eh? Very interesting ones too.
Spoiler for Here be spoilarzzz:
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 09:46   Link #519
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
My Japanese sucks tbh but I don't find it too difficult to pick out nouns then cross reference them against the official site or the Code Geass page on Wikipedia. Thankfully the latter is well maintained by more informed people than me, such as Renegade334.
Well, I do (along with other people like Li Jianliang) edit the said page from time to time when pertinent or relevant pieces of information come by (mostly after watching the episodes, to tell you the truth...nothing grand or special). If you want to know, my user name at Wikipedia is Soultaker7.

BTW, I just updated the Knightmare Frame and character sections with minor details. Any constructive addition is welcome.
Spoiler:

It could have been Cornelia's little squad of trustworthy subordinates but since they use purple mechs and red uniforms they're out of the picture as there is no black color to speak of around them. Anyway, the previous ep is named after her so I doubt the director would use two eps in a row focused on her and her entourage. Rather, I'd prefer seeing an ambivalence - switching from one side to the other, like ep7: Cornelia's move, followed by ep8: Lelouch's counterattack.

Anyhow...

Sounds indeed like someone is getting fans or copycats. How will our resident (but sympathetic in my own, warped standpoint :P) megalomaniac wield them is something I'm eager to see. )-D
V for Vendetta league, someone?
Old 2006-11-04, 10:04   Link #520
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, I do (along with other people like Li Jianliang) edit the said page from time to time when pertinent or relevant pieces of information come by (mostly after watching the episodes, to tell you the truth...nothing grand or special). If you want to know, my user name at Wikipedia is Soultaker7.

BTW, I just updated the Knightmare Frame and character sections with minor details. Any constructive addition is welcome.

It could have been Cornelia's little squad of trustworthy subordinates but since they use purple mechs and red uniforms they're out of the picture as there is no black color to speak of around them. Anyway, the previous ep is named after her so I doubt the director would use two eps in a row focused on her and her entourage. Rather, I'd prefer seeing an ambivalence - switching from one side to the other, like ep7: Cornelia's move, followed by ep8: Lelouch's counterattack.
Spoiler for ep 5 mecha:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Anyhow...

Sounds indeed like someone is getting fans or copycats. How will our resident (but sympathetic in my own, warped standpoint :P) megalomaniac wield them is something I'm eager to see. )-D
V for Vendetta league, someone?
Spoiler for ep5 detail: