Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-07, 18:17   Link #2081
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBird0 View Post
Does anyone know if they're going to make another manga for Code Geass R2? I know there's the Suzaku one, but are they going to make a regular or more Lelouch-based one?
Technically the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion manga is the Lelouch-based manga.
Old 2009-09-07, 20:01   Link #2082
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

I hear CG:The manga is far more Shojou than it is Shonnen,which probably means more shipping.
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 20:34   Link #2083
ZeBird0
In a tree

Thanks, but I have another question. I've heard about these Code Geass picture dramas, what exactly are they?
Old 2009-09-07, 20:53   Link #2084
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBird0 View Post
Thanks, but I have another question. I've heard about these Code Geass picture dramas, what exactly are they?
A six-minute, slide-show episode, to put it simply. The Picture Dramas come with the DVDs and tend to cover events the anime doesn't. Most of the time it's random nonsense that doesn't matter, but it occasionally goes into backstory.
Old 2009-09-08, 17:36   Link #2085
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Why does Arthur hate Suzuku? lol
Old 2009-09-08, 17:39   Link #2086
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Why does Arthur hate Suzuku? lol
Whoever said he hates Suzaku? He just likes causing him pain.
Old 2009-09-08, 17:45   Link #2087
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Ah,You make a good point
Suzaku & Arthur = A match made in S&M heaven. jk,JK!!
Old 2009-09-09, 07:50   Link #2088
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Episode 6, Euphie's comment about Clovis' paintings...
How is her exact wording after the "such gentle colours"? o.o
All the subs I watched said something that implied she wasn't really close to Clovis, but now the dub claims it's "very much akin to my brother".
It irks me.

Edit:
Oh, and something else:
while looking for the answer to he question above (without success, so I would still be happy if someone could help a poor little fangirl out there xD), I found a site claiming that Clovis knew all about Charles' plans (and was assisting him to get back Lelouch, or something like that).
...Hu?
Since said site made strange speculations in general, I won't take that too seriously. However, has it ever been stated that Clovis had been given information by Charles rather than just starting this whole Code R thing by himself, or did that "fact" really come out of thin air?

Editē: But that just doesn't make sense. Didn't Bartley even say that they didn't know C.C. had something to do with the Emperor back then?
Either I'm doing a very poor job as a Clovis fangirl at the moment, or people's speculations can be confusingly random. The "Clovis is an idiot" thing at least had some basis.

Last edited by Nogitsune; 2009-09-09 at 09:08.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 10:50   Link #2089
ryohei

to Nogitsune

Quote:
Episode 6, Euphie's comment about Clovis' paintings...
How is her exact wording after the "such gentle colours"? o.o
All the subs I watched said something that implied she wasn't really close to Clovis, but now the dub claims it's "very much akin to my brother".
It irks me.
word-for-word translation:
kore ga niisama datta no desu ne
'this was my brother.'
'this' means what the paintings says to Euphie.
so, better translation is:
such gentle colours... It tells me How he was.
(I cannot write literarily good sentence, sorry.)

I think she didn't knows about Clovis so much especially after growing up.
Then she knew him through the paintings and mourn.
This scene changes viewrs image to Clovis constructed in Ep1or2 through Lelouch's point of view.

and question after your edit...
I don't think Clovis knew about Charls's plans. If he knew, He never mourn to Marianne.
ryohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 11:46   Link #2090
ZeBird0
In a tree

Arthur hates Suzaku probably cause the writers wanted some comic relief after all the dark points of the anime. Ashford is always the place where the characters can screw around
Old 2009-09-09, 11:51   Link #2091
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryohei View Post
word-for-word translation:
kore ga niisama datta no desu ne
'this was my brother.'
'this' means what the paintings says to Euphie.
so, better translation is:
such gentle colours... It tells me How he was.
(I cannot write literarily good sentence, sorry.)
Thank you! *-*

Quote:
I think she didn't knows about Clovis so much especially after growing up.
Then she knew him through the paintings and mourn.
This scene changes viewrs image to Clovis constructed in Ep1or2 through Lelouch's point of view.
*nods her head*
That's what I thought until the dub tried to tell me otherwise, so I'm really happy to have confirmation.

Quote:
and question after your edit...
I don't think Clovis knew about Charls's plans. If he knew, He never mourn to Marianne.
Hm, well, one could always wonder when he got the information, but I agree, Clovis knowing about Charles' plans doesn't make much sense, considering what Bartley says in episode 14 of R2.
I still wonder what he wanted to give C.C. to the Emperor for, though, seeing how the Sound Drama seems to suggest that he wasn't a very ambitious person. Oh well, I suppose this kind of thing is like C.C.'s real name... fun to speculate about, but in the end, it won't get you anywhere.
Old 2009-09-09, 13:16   Link #2092
ryohei

I'm glad to answer to your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hm, well, one could always wonder when he got the information, but I agree, Clovis knowing about Charles' plans doesn't make much sense, considering what Bartley says in episode 14 of R2.
I still wonder what he wanted to give C.C. to the Emperor for, though, seeing how the Sound Drama seems to suggest that he wasn't a very ambitious person. Oh well, I suppose this kind of thing is like C.C.'s real name... fun to speculate about, but in the end, it won't get you anywhere.
I watch R2 Ep14 again, and read some Japanese sites, and I think that...
Before Lelouch had Geass, Batley and Clovis had a information 'there is a immortal witch somewhere' and they caught her.
But this does not means they know plans about Code-R.
By chance, with no relations to Charls's plan, they know C.C.
So, for them, C.C. was a just a immortal one, not a keyperson of Charls's plan.
This is my conclusion:Batley and Clovis didn't know Charls's plans AT ALL.

Betrayer, or enemy for Lelouch, idiot for many person in that world, but for Euphie and some people who knows him, Clovis was gentle person.
You wild fox's love to Clovis makes me like him! haha. I WAS also think he is an idiot as text of history in that world maybe write.
ryohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 19:20   Link #2093
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

When a person with geass dies,are the people who were affected by the geass canceled?
I find it extremely hard to believe that RIGHT after chrales dies,Nunally is able to see. Plus it would support the "Lelouch is alive" theory.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:33   Link #2094
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
When a person with geass dies,are the people who were affected by the geass canceled?
I find it extremely hard to believe that RIGHT after chrales dies,Nunally is able to see. Plus it would support the "Lelouch is alive" theory.
No. Nunnally's Geass persisted for some time after Charles disappeared; she had to struggle to get her eyes to open. Anya's Geass had to be removed by Jeremiah. Similarly, he had to remove the Geasses on the Student Council as well. Schneizel still has to obey Zero, so Lelouch's Geass on him is still in place long after Lelouch was killed.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:37   Link #2095
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

And unlike Charles, whose passive Geass could be broken, no one has shown the ability to outright break Lelouch's Geass unless they're on their deathbed. Unless Schneizel decides to try having his heart stopped then being revived (and even that isn't guaranteed to work), he's never getting out of his service.
Old 2009-09-09, 22:35   Link #2096
azul120

Quote:
I always saw the part where she is "talkiing" to lelouche/herself as she is just talking to him in his world,like she did with Marianne and V.V. Not as proof that he is alive. He did it to atone for his sins. I hated that ending,if everyone else has to keep on living with thier hands drenched in sin and blood,so should he. LuLu shouldn't have to take the easy route and just die.
Except that most of those people are living on in spite of the blood on their hands. Suzaku, who is now the de facto Zero, is among the exceptions.

Personally I think Lelouch should have taken the code and lived on under the guise as Zero, not just as atonement, but also as a means of keeping his immortality a secret. I've sort of imagined that as a potential ending for Lord Bear's fanfic The Game of Kings in case Lelouch is still alive, though I don't know what he has planned.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 22:53   Link #2097
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Most people are just not as bothered by it because it's their enemy. It's a lot easier to kill when the people are not those you care about. Lelouch and Suzaku were bothered because they killed loved ones (and an entire city, though no one cares to bring that up). Kallen, on the other hand, may have taken into consideration the people she's killed, but she isn't losing any sleep over them.
Old 2009-09-10, 02:52   Link #2098
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Most people are just not as bothered by it because it's their enemy. It's a lot easier to kill when the people are not those you care about. Lelouch and Suzaku were bothered because they killed loved ones (and an entire city, though no one cares to bring that up). Kallen, on the other hand, may have taken into consideration the people she's killed, but she isn't losing any sleep over them.
I think that that people Lelouch and Suzaku loved happened to be among their respective body counts was part of the reason, but not all of it.

Kallen's case is an exception, because the ones she offed were mostly enemy combatants.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 02:59   Link #2099
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah about the only reason I can see Kallen going to hell would be for offing Shirley's dad, even if it was an accident and at Zero's order.
Old 2009-09-10, 03:25   Link #2100
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah about the only reason I can see Kallen going to hell would be for offing Shirley's dad, even if it was an accident and at Zero's order.
I always found it curious that Shirley's dad didn't think to leave. Sure, it was a surprise attack, but they had the town mostly surrounded. You'd think he'd notice and leave as a precaution.

Anyway, good thing there's no hell, just the sweet, communal embrace of hive mind Jupiter.

Tags
q&a