AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-27, 01:59   Link #1
zekryn

Looking for some Manga

I'm not a big manga reader.. especially if I've seen the anime to the series. I've read a few chapters here and there of a few series, but the only manga I've ever read in completion is Full Moon wo Sagashite about two years ago.

The other day, I found the Gachax2 Secret series, and loved it so much that I managed to read all 40 available chapters in two days. It's not fully translated yet (or fully released) and I would like some other manga to read till more comes out because I enjoyed this series much more than I have any anime.

So.. I'm looking for some recommendations on some Comedy/Romance type manga thats somewhere along the lines of things like Gachax2 Secret, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Gakuen Alice, Kodocha (closer to the anime series, didn't like the manga at all), Fruits Basket, etc. If theres more manga out there thats as good as Gx2S then I think I like reading manga more than watching anime..
Old 2007-03-27, 03:22   Link #2
jedinat

Parallel - nice shounen romance (with ecchi and comedy)

Perfect Girl Evolution - hilarious... pretend the anime version doesn't exist

W-Juliet - nice gender bender romance/comedy

Watashi no Ookami-san - hilarious fantasy parody

Itadakimasu - very funny manga about a divorcee and a high school boy

Angel Densetsu - incredibly funny manga about delinquents (the main character is horribly misunderstood because of his terrifying face) has a little romance too
Old 2007-03-27, 11:03   Link #3
zekryn

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried to look into them but it seems finding manga is much harder than finding anime.

Is there anyway to find manga outside of mIRC? I've just spent the last two hours trying to get it working while reading about 10 different FAQs and I didn't manage to get anything done
Old 2007-03-27, 14:55   Link #4
Skullvex

I pm'd you a good place to find manga.
Closed Thread