Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-13, 09:05   Link #7901
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So... the same weakness everyone has known about Peyton Manning for at least the past 5-6 years?
Pretty much, and it is longer than 5-6 years. It has been his weakness since 1998. Also, if a team manages to match the offensive output of the Broncos, they will win because the Broncos' defense will not last.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 09:06   Link #7902
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
So... the same weakness everyone has known about Peyton Manning for at least the past 5-6 years?
Hey...it's not like Brady, Brees and whatever are immune to it. The Giants won two Superbowls from getting to Brady faster and more often than other teams did. Seattle wrecked Brees a couple of weeks ago.

The understated weakness in Denver is their secondary. Rahim Moore being injured long-term has hurt them. Rodgers-Cromartie going down against New England - how much did that change that game after half time? A lot....Champ Bailey being missing most of the season - he's one of their core defenders. You lose or sometimes miss the cream of your secondary - you rupture points big time. The fact Manning is usually able to get Denver to score well above 30 points in most games has made it a less impactful factor. But this game higlights that if Denver's offense isn't near perfect or better, you can scorch them in the passing game. Now that there are teams keeping Denver in the 20s, they have a chance to win. Shutting Moreno down like San Diego did tonight also made a big difference, as did the absence of Welker, although Caldwell filled in reasonably well.

One can imagine how Kansas City's drive would have been fuelled even more after today's result. If they can keep winning and Denver slips up once more (and considering how wacky the last few weeks have been around the whole league, it can happen...), Kansas will get that first round bye instead.

I said it a few weeks ago and it may still seem way out there. But I think San Diego will make the playoffs. Rivers is making way less mistakes than last year. Matthews is beginning to tear it up, Woodhead is offering that dual role they've been missing since Sproles went to New Orleans. Allen is playing well enough to win Offensive Rookie of the year. Their defense doesn't get spoken about much but it's definitely improved. They're heading in the right direction.

What interests me even more is if this is finally the year Cincinatti progress further into the playoffs. The way they've been playing, it would be an underachievement if they don't win any playoff games.

The balance of power may be relatively the same as it has been the last few years in the NFC but the AFC is throwing some surprises this year.
Old 2013-12-13, 09:13   Link #7903
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Hey...it's not like Brady, Brees and whatever are immune to it. The Giants won two Superbowls from getting to Brady faster and more often than other teams did. Seattle wrecked Brees a couple of weeks ago.

The understated weakness in Denver is their secondary. Rahim Moore being injured long-term has hurt them. Rodgers-Cromartie going down against New England - how much did that change that game after half time? A lot....Champ Bailey being missing most of the season - he's one of their core defenders. You lose or sometimes miss the cream of your secondary - you rupture points big time. The fact Manning is usually able to get Denver to score well above 30 points in most games has made it a less impactful factor. But this game higlights that if Denver's offense isn't near perfect or better, you can scorch them in the passing game. Now that there are teams keeping Denver in the 20s, they have a chance to win. Shutting Moreno down like San Diego did tonight also made a big difference, as did the absence of Welker, although Caldwell filled in reasonably well.

One can imagine how Kansas City's drive would have been fuelled even more after today's result. If they can keep winning and Denver slips up once more (and considering how wacky the last few weeks have been around the whole league, it can happen...), Kansas will get that first round bye instead.

I said it a few weeks ago and it may still seem way out there. But I think San Diego will make the playoffs. Rivers is making way less mistakes than last year. Matthews is beginning to tear it up, Woodhead is offering that dual role they've been missing since Sproles went to New Orleans. Allen is playing well enough to win Offensive Rookie of the year. Their defense doesn't get spoken about much but it's definitely improved. They're heading in the right direction.

What interests me even more is if this is finally the year Cincinatti progress further into the playoffs. The way they've been playing, it would be an underachievement if they don't win any playoff games.

The balance of power may be relatively the same as it has been the last few years in the NFC but the AFC is throwing some surprises this year.
Exactly correct, when it comes to high flying pass offenses, it is up to chance to whoever wins when they face each other. Its just whose defenses can make that miracle stop. If I had to pick who I would be my favorite for the Superbowl, it would be the Seahawks, a more complete team with a top 10 offense and the number 1 defense in the league.
Old 2013-12-13, 09:25   Link #7904
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Thought Dilla would get a kick out of this. And maybe some others from what it took to get this made.

Christmas gift burn on TNF
Old 2013-12-13, 12:30   Link #7905
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder how many gamblers in Vegas's lost their money lazy night. Pretty much all analysts including the NFL gave a decisive prediction 100 percent Broncos win. I am already saw a post on twitter that someone lost a 1000 dollars.

My team, the Jaguars, just cut Jeremy Mincey. I am conflicted with this, I thought that we could at least get some value like a 6th pick or something for him, but we only got a 2.5 million dollars on cap savings with 4 million in dead money.
Old 2013-12-13, 14:57   Link #7906
GDB

Bridgewater reportedly thinking of staying in school for his senior year.

Hahaha. He clearly wants nothing to do with the Texans or Rams if true.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 17:45   Link #7907
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Spoiler for My reaction:
Old 2013-12-13, 18:09   Link #7908
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:

>sees Houston at top pick
>nope

top kek
Old 2013-12-13, 18:10   Link #7909
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
>sees Houston at top pick
>nope

top kek
Suzuku, you called it, Jaguars will be on the hunt for the franchise Quarterback in 2015 like you said.
Old 2013-12-13, 18:25   Link #7910
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I'm starting to think we'll trade back, get two first round picks, and use one to draft Johnny Football.
Old 2013-12-13, 18:36   Link #7911
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I'm starting to think we'll trade back, get two first round picks, and use one to draft Johnny Football.
That would be a nice idea to have two picks. However I am more interested in Blake Bortles than Manziel though. The Raiders I think will be opted to draft a weapon than a Quarterback. So if it goes right, Carr to the VIkings and Manziel to the Browns. Blake Bortles would make a nice catch at the middle or in the 20s in the draft.

Before that, which team do you got in mind that would do that?
Old 2013-12-13, 18:43   Link #7912
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Cleveland would choose Bortles before they choose Manziel...actually I don't think the Browns would choose Manziel at all. He doesn't fit their system or what their coaching staffs looks for in QBs whatsoever.

And do you mean what team do I think may trade back with us? A team like the Cardinals or the Eagles, who are a top 10 talent away from being big contenders in the NFC.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:04   Link #7913
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Cleveland would choose Bortles before they choose Manziel...actually I don't think the Browns would choose Manziel at all. He doesn't fit their system or what their coaching staffs looks for in QBs whatsoever.

And do you mean what team do I think may trade back with us? A team like the Cardinals or the Eagles, who are a top 10 talent away from being big contenders in the NFC.
I don't know that they would however. Both teams seems unlikely to trade up considering their needs.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:31   Link #7914
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Eagles need defensive players, I'd imagine the Cardinals need offensive weapons. With our pick they could get a CJ Mosley or Khalil Mack, or maybe even Barr if they're lucky enough, or the Cardinals could get Sammy Watkins.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:40   Link #7915
GDB

No, Cardinals need O-line. BAD.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 19:56   Link #7916
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well with our pick they might have a shot at Jake Matthews.
Old 2013-12-13, 20:31   Link #7917
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Eagles need defensive players, I'd imagine the Cardinals need offensive weapons. With our pick they could get a CJ Mosley or Khalil Mack, or maybe even Barr if they're lucky enough, or the Cardinals could get Sammy Watkins.
Raiders are likely to take Sammy Watkins to build a foundation for their franchise Quarterback in the 2015 draft. They are still experimenting and evaluating Terrelle Pryor so Sammy Watkins could be use to evaluate by giving him a top level Wide Receiver.

Looking at the situation, if we come out on top against the Bills, it is likely they will be picking ahead. A lot of mock drafts have connected Khalil Mack due to his versatility to play linebacker and defensive end. Making him a good prospect to fix their pass rush. Mosley has also been connected to them as well.

Then there is the situation with the Giants, they are expected to lose against the Lions and Seahawks. They are good enough to win against the Red Skins, but that will leave their final record at 6 - 10, enough to be considered a top 10 pick. They are also in the hunt for a Linebacker, I can see them selecting Mack or Mosley depending on who is selected first.

Barr will be most likely be selected by either the Falcons or Texans due to Barr being able to play pass rush and linebacker, he is considered to be the most versatile player in the draft and the only considered player that has a 50/ 50 chance of being selected over Clowney by many mock drafts. Barr is that good, I cannot see the Texans or Falcons passing on that treat, and especially us for that matter as he would be the premier best prospect to play the LEO position for Gus Bradley. He is one of the few surest picks in the 2014 draft and a big need for us as well.

The Steelers' situation is also against the Cardinals and Eagles as well, the Steelers' offense is inconsistent both passing and rushing and their last games include two top 7 defensive teams against the pass which are the Browns and Bengals which is kind of funny as both teams are actually tied for the 7th spot. The Browns are 4th against the run and the Bengals are 5th. They will end up with a 6 - 10 record likely and end with a top 12 pick as well. I do not see them passing on whose draft stock soared all the way as the 7th overall player and best Cornerback on the draft Darqueze Dennard.

Afterwards it is only Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, who is very good as a top 15 pick however, most likely be pass over by the teams that will need a Cornerback in that of the Giants, Jets, and Packers. As well teams who need a Cornerback but appears to be moving higher in the draft who are the Chargers which will likely finished their season with an 8 - 8 record and select the best OG David Yankey and Cowboy who I can't see passing on Vic Beasley who will most likely be there. Already spoken about the Giants so you know that already. The Jets will most likely lose 2 of their last games against the Panthers and Browns giving them a top 13 pick. Present will be Mike Evans, a 4 star steak of a wide receiver known to be a rookie or inconsistent Quarterback best friend for his height and playmaking ability for their troubled Geno Smith. The Packers will most likely add an additional weapon for Aaron Rodgers next season, I would have to be hard press that they will pass up on TE Jace Amaro and Eric Ebron.

That will leave Ifo Ekpre-Olomu there for the Cardinals and Eagles having no need to trade up to obtain him as well there is also the big Justin Gilbert there as well.

If there is a team willing to trade up with us then it would be a playoff team who is already considered for contention next year as well drafting for a side of the ball that is close to be complete or the side which they are horrible at and will need a great prospect to turn it around for them. That would be the Bengals with holes in the OLB and CB who would in my opinion match the Seahawks for the best defense if they have a top 10 pick in either OLB and CB. Then there is the Panthers who are in great need for wide receiver, if they give up at least their first round and additional two picks or their first round and 2nd round then I can see us trading with the Panthers allowing them to select Sammy Watkins. The 49ers could also trade up to improve the offense with weapons since their need for defense are not critical and can be fix in the later rounds of the draft or free agency. I can see us with trading with the 49ers for the same reason as the Panthers if the price is very good for us. There are more teams that we can trade with for the same reason however too long and too tiring for me to do research.

While I would like to have two first round picks though highly unlikely that would happen as it would involved teams that already have two picks in the Browns and Rams who I think will stay with them.

However, not all is bad with that because there are other needs that can be found in the 2nd and 3rd day draft for the Jaguars. I would like the idea of a first round alongside a second round or a first round with multiple 3rd day or 4th day picks.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-13 at 21:27.
Old 2013-12-14, 21:19   Link #7918
sky black swordman

Jameis Winston won the Heisman Trophy.
Old 2013-12-14, 21:58   Link #7919
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Jameis Winston won the Heisman Trophy.
To be expected.

An interesting note, Manziel has express interest in being drafted by the Jets.
Old 2013-12-14, 22:48   Link #7920
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

He said the Jets would be a neat team to be drafted to when they mentioned playing in New York/for the Jets to him. He probably would have said the same of any team.

Tags
american football, sports