AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-10-10, 22:08   Link #6441
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a fun little episode. A nice chance to see the backstory to Bisca. Really that's not a bad way to spend time before the next big arc. Learn some more about the various members of Fairy Tail, not like there aren't plenty of them.

Good fun, from Erza destroying everything in her path to the welcome of Bisca to the guild. While Erza can be pretty intimidating, also showed how she'll stick up for you. All worked out pretty well anyways. Bisca got to join the guild and found a place to belong. In the long run got her own family out of it so that's what I'd call a win.
Old 2014-10-11, 02:22   Link #6442
ookamigirl

Cool, they got billiards tables.
Gray was totally showing off.
Gotta hand it to Natsu, he sure knows how to make a mess.
That Erza sure has a colorful past.
And a really really short fuse! LOL
At least they got a new member out of it.
This was fun ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 03:17   Link #6443
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
It seems the anime helped clarify that Moulin Rouge was Bisca all along, since the only indicator that the story took place before Lucy joined was the design of Erza's armor (funnily enough, since this is before Lucy joined, her default armor in the manga should have looked like this, since the anime changed it to resemble the suit she switched to after the Tower of Heaven arc, seen here).
In the manga, the armor for this chapter looked closer to her second default set, but still kinda different. I just assumed it was a set that predated her "first" one by a year or two.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 15:47   Link #6444
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
In the manga, the armor for this chapter looked closer to her second default set, but still kinda different. I just assumed it was a set that predated her "first" one by a year or two.
I am aware of that.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 21:08   Link #6445
ginger02

Well I'm in shock...the OP didn't spoil anything for once.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 21:35   Link #6446
immblueversion

A silly episode, but that ending...man, it just tickles my heart to see Aquarius acting nice for once.

Spoiler for Manga:

Old 2014-10-17, 21:53   Link #6447
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Was nice for Lucy and Aquarius to have a quiet moment. They do play up the always angry stuff every time they summon her, so good to have moments like that as well. Was a spirit passed on to Lucy by her mother and one of the ones she's been with the longest.

Bit of a silly episode, but not too bad. While Aquarius had some good moments, they sure did play up Loke's less serious side. With episodes like this easy to forget the good moments he had early in the series before he became 90% comic relief.
Old 2014-10-17, 21:57   Link #6448
MCAL

Well, the opening did spoil one thing. Looks like Hisui is a Celestial Spirit Mage.

Which Mashima kind of hinted at during the GMG arc, so looks like he confirms it here.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 22:10   Link #6449
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Well I'm in shock...the OP didn't spoil anything for once.
Wow, that must be the first one since, well, the first one! (The second one briefly gave away Gajeel's attack on Fairy Tail.) It's been so long since we've gotten an OP filled with generic character poses rather than giving a synopsis of the whole damn arc. Then again, I was kind of looking forward to seeing if we'd get to see any of the Eclipsed spirits in action, and perhaps hint at some fight pair ups. Instead we got a single shot of them at the end. Then again, that WOULD take away from the fun of watching this arc.

Anyways, apart from the spirits, I think we're given a couple of hints on what else this arc will involve. Namely, Arcadios, Hisui, and Yukino appear in the OP, possibly indicating that they will have a part to play in this arc. I expected Yukino since she owns two of the Zodiac keys, but I never really thought about the other two. In retrospect, seeing how the Eclipse Gate is involved with this arc, it would make sense for them to offer their knowledge as the ones who used it. And it appears Hisui is a celestial wizard, since she seems to be holding a Gatekey of her own. It looks like Caelum's key, too; that's, like, the second time in filler we've seen it owned by someone who isn't Angel. If only the anime would show us new spirits... Well, maybe they'll make up for it by giving Ophiuchus some real action, since its key was shown in the OP and ED as well.

As for the episode, I noticed they totally skipped Scorpio's request in this episode. They just showed him for a split second between Cancer and Sagittarius, just to show he got his part, and that was it.

Old 2014-10-17, 22:28   Link #6450
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Wow, that must be the first one since, well, the first one! (The second one briefly gave away Gajeel's attack on Fairy Tail.) It's been so long since we've gotten an OP filled with generic character poses rather than giving a synopsis of the whole damn arc. Then again, I was kind of looking forward to seeing if we'd get to see any of the Eclipsed spirits in action, and perhaps hint at some fight pair ups. Instead we got a single shot of them at the end. Then again, that WOULD take away from the fun of watching this arc.

Anyways, apart from the spirits, I think we're given a couple of hints on what else this arc will involve. Namely, Arcadios, Hisui, and Yukino appear in the OP, possibly indicating that they will have a part to play in this arc. I expected Yukino since she owns two of the Zodiac keys, but I never really thought about the other two. In retrospect, seeing how the Eclipse Gate is involved with this arc, it would make sense for them to offer their knowledge as the ones who used it. And it appears Hisui is a celestial wizard, since she seems to be holding a Gatekey of her own. It looks like Caelum's key, too; that's, like, the second time in filler we've seen it owned by someone who isn't Angel. If only the anime would show us new spirits... Well, maybe they'll make up for it by giving Ophiuchus some real action, since its key was shown in the OP and ED as well.

As for the episode, I noticed they totally skipped Scorpio's request in this episode. They just showed him for a split second between Cancer and Sagittarius, just to show he got his part, and that was it.
Couldn't help but imagine Ophiuchus in the ending going: THOUGHT YOU GOT RID OF ME DID YA!? I'LL PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE THIS ARC! YOU'LL SEE!
Old 2014-10-17, 23:46   Link #6451
ginger02

Quote:

Yeah I wanted some spoils, but that would ruin it. Either they don't want that, or they're still making episodes

I noticed the Hisui thing too. Curious about that.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 04:59   Link #6452
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Well, the opening did spoil one thing. Looks like Hisui is a Celestial Spirit Mage.

Which Mashima kind of hinted at during the GMG arc, so looks like he confirms it here.
The ending also shows that Ophiuchus,juvia and gajeel will appear in this arc.
Starway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 05:11   Link #6453
ookamigirl

Celestial spirits get thank you.
The suntan thing was ROFL
Their wishes were just hilarious!
Poor Happy got abused a bit LOL
Seriously, why is Aquarius always in such a bad mood?!
Unusual episode, but very fun to watch!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 12:07   Link #6454
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Hey Natsu, I'm pretty sure "Cooked Well Done" =/= "Suntanned". Just sayin'.

And I'm almost afraid to ask why Virgo had a picture of a watermelon on her "The Punishment" book....
Old 2014-10-18, 12:23   Link #6455
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

And I'm almost afraid to ask why Virgo had a picture of a watermelon on her "The Punishment" book....
Take a look at your username, and alllllll becomesssssss clearrrrrrr....
Old 2014-10-18, 14:43   Link #6456
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

actually its not quite as simple as uncle franky seems to think. I believe its because at her core Virgo is a masochist the fact that she appears as her master wants her is further proof of that. By the way the more i think about the personality's what actually got switched is their personality well more like made opposite. These spirits somehow get into what their opposite would be virgo for example is a sadist Loke instead of being a pretty boy is a meathad Taurus will probably be shy.

By the way anybody else find it hilarious how both Loke and Tarus perved out on Yukino. Plus Virgo's super flick

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2014-10-18 at 15:17.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 15:01   Link #6457
immblueversion

Hey, the official website has updated with new character profiles, including the Eclipse Celestial Spirits. Anyone wanna take a crack at translating? My rusty Japanese allows me to say with certainty that the bulk of their profiles describes the spirits as they normally are, while the last line of each describes their new selves.

http://fairytail-tv.com/contents/character/

Old 2014-10-18, 15:07   Link #6458
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
actually its not quite as simple as uncle franky seems to think. I believe its because at her core Virgo is a masochist the fact that she appears as her master wants her is further proof of that. By the way the more i think about the personality's what actually got switched is their personality well more like made opposite. These spirits somehow get into what their opposite would be virgo for example is a sadist Loke instead of being a pretty boy is a meathad Taurus will probably be shy.

By the way anybody else find it hilarious how both Loke and Virgo perved out on Yukino
I think you mean Taurus on that last sentence, but I agree with you. Too bad we didn't get to see Human mom and son Pisces. I wanted the son to have some kind of funny mom complex with Lucy and the mom to rag on her like Aquarius does, but instead of the boyfriend bit, on her looks not fitting to be a mother or stuff like that.
Old 2014-10-23, 19:37   Link #6459
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Celestial spirits get thank you.
The suntan thing was ROFL
Their wishes were just hilarious!
Poor Happy got abused a bit LOL
Seriously, why is Aquarius always in such a bad mood?!
Unusual episode, but very fun to watch!
Aquarius is most likely doing this on purpose if you watch the episode a bit after she goes rage mode.
Spoiler for .:

It showed Aquarius being the celestial spirit that watched and spend the most time with Lucy growing up.
Aquarius is basically like Lucy's 2nd mother.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 15:51   Link #6460
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I think you mean Taurus on that last sentence, but I agree with you. Too bad we didn't get to see Human mom and son Pisces. I wanted the son to have some kind of funny mom complex with Lucy and the mom to rag on her like Aquarius does, but instead of the boyfriend bit, on her looks not fitting to be a mother or stuff like that.
On the bright side, we finally know for sure which fish was the mom (white) and which one was the son (black).

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen