AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 10:11   Link #981
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
yeah! they should make the helmet from the special armors separate, that u can run around without a helmet :/
I love the Blood Dragon armor.... but it's annoying that you always wear a special armor helmet....
Old 2011-01-10, 10:36   Link #982
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I actually loved that, and it annoyed the crap out of me my helmet kept disappearing in Dragon Age.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 10:47   Link #983
Irkalla
I asked for this

Helmets annoyed me even more in DA(outside cinematics), especially the stupid looking mage ones, argh. Thank you mod gods for the no helmet mod!
Old 2011-01-10, 16:58   Link #984
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Helmets annoyed me even more in DA(outside cinematics), especially the stupid looking mage ones, argh. Thank you mod gods for the no helmet mod!
I agree, no helmet mod is God. Though the helms in ME didn't annoy me that much, they looked quite good imo. DA had the worst.. specially the mages one they only had 2 designs, a silly lose hankerchief with a necklace around your head with feathers and towels tied up with ropes in a tower
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 17:39   Link #985
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Mage hats were pathetic, no argument there, but the plate classes had some decent helmets which would have looked great had we been allowed to wear them in the cutscenes.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-01-10 at 17:50.
Old 2011-01-13, 11:45   Link #986
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
So, can anyone tell me how are the reactions from Japanese players? I went to some of their sites about the games and I noticed lots of ME2 ads that is coming to ps3, so I'm curious.
Old 2011-01-13, 13:23   Link #987
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0raz0r View Post
yeah! they should make the helmet from the special armors separate, that u can run around without a helmet :/
I love the Blood Dragon armor.... but it's annoying that you always wear a special armor helmet....
I found no complaints of the Blood Dragon armor in Mass Effect. Just found it quite annoying in Dragon Age but it was only in Dragon Age.
Old 2011-01-20, 11:13   Link #988
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The latest Mass Effect comic ( written by the game's lead writer ) was... very interesting, to say the least. It was an Illusive Man prequel.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:26   Link #989
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The latest Mass Effect comic ( written by the game's lead writer ) was... very interesting, to say the least. It was an Illusive Man prequel.
And the comic also had the first appearance of a female Turian.

Quote:
Spoiler:

What's wrong with that? I thought it was pretty interesting.

Spoiler:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 17:01   Link #990
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
And the comic also had the first appearance of a female Turian.
Pics. Now.

Buuuut speaking of which, being that I don't live in a comic crazed country, how does one get their hands on these comics?
Old 2011-01-20, 17:17   Link #991
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Pics. Now.

Buuuut speaking of which, being that I don't live in a comic crazed country, how does one get their hands on these comics?
They look almost exactly like male Turians except the back of their head is round like a human's.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2011-01-20 at 17:31.
Old 2011-01-20, 17:32   Link #992
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The comic that's being talked about is from the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2. It covers the story of the first game, and let's players make the important decisions that we had to do on the 360 version.
Old 2011-01-20, 17:41   Link #993
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The comic that's being talked about is from the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2. It covers the story of the first game, and let's players make the important decisions that we had to do on the 360 version.
I was talking about a printed comic, Mass Effect: Evolution, which came out yesterday.

And for anyone wondering if these comics are canon, they are and the lead writer of Mass Effect wrote them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Comic

Mass Effect: Redemption is a four-part comic book mini-series that was released between January and April 2010. The story, which revolves around Liara T'Soni, is set in the interim period between the prologue and main storyline of Mass Effect 2, and is related to the downloadable content "Lair of the Shadow Broker" that were released for the game.

Mass Effect: Incursion is an eight-page mini-comic that follows Aria T'Loak's encounter with the Collectors one week prior to the opening events of Mass Effect 2. The events of Incursion link into the events of the comic mini-series Mass Effect: Redemption. It was made available on June 21, 2010 through IGN.

Mass Effect: Inquisition is a short 8 page comic released on October 25, 2010, through USA Today. Taking place after Mass Effect 2, the plot revolves around Captain Bailey and his investigation of Executor Pallin and allegations of corruption within C-Sec.

Mass Effect: Evolution is an upcoming four-part comic book mini-series that will be released in January 2011. The story will focus on the origin of the Illusive Man and will be set during the First Contact War, shortly after the discovery of the Mass Relays.
Old 2011-01-20, 18:31   Link #994
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I was talking about a printed comic, Mass Effect: Evolution, which came out yesterday.
Ah, i had no idea about that.
Old 2011-01-21, 00:12   Link #995
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
They look almost exactly like male Turians except the back of their head is round like a human's.

Spoiler for size:
Okay, know i get that Turian C-Sec officer joke about his confusion about human females having bumps.
Old 2011-01-21, 05:53   Link #996
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
What's wrong with that? I thought it was pretty interesting.
Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-01-21, 06:38   Link #997
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Illusive Man:

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2011-01-21 at 08:15.
Old 2011-01-21, 06:55   Link #998
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 07:17   Link #999
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Spoiler:
Not the first time it happened.

Jacob's personal mission with his father had thermal clips, for one. And while the game doesn't really mention it as a retcon, YMIRs and LOKIs don't really feel like they're 10 years old tech.

Old 2011-01-21, 07:56   Link #1000
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Remember also the archeology team that got husk-ified in ME1. Dragons Teeth have been around since forever, they are reaper tech after all.

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2