AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-10-18, 13:43   Link #1
cadu_

Android app PDF Reader

I`m looking for a android app reader to read the light novels PDFs that:
- Allows to read the pdf with black background with white letters.
- Doesnt need to scroll to the right or left, the paragraphs get more lines by placing what supposed to be at the sides below when you zoom them so that we can read them just by scrolling up and down.(this one might sound confusing so I made one example below)Each line would only have the length of the screen.
Example:
This paragraph:
Quote:
It is the same story for why this place was named the Mausoleum. Its original name was the Secret Chamber of the Treasure Hall, but Ainz renamed it, in memory of the companions who departed from —— or rather vanished from the YGGDRASIL game. Hence this became their place of slumber.
If you zoom it in the app,not just would it increase the size of the letters but also do something like this:
Quote:
It is the same story for why this place was
named the Mausoleum. Its original name
was the Secret Chamber of the Treasure Hall,
but Ainz renamed it, in memory of the
companions who departed from ——
or rather vanished from the YGGDRASIL
game. Hence this became their place of slumber.
In a way that each line would fit in the phone`s screen so that the reaader doesnt need to scroll to the sides,only up and down.

Althought I found apps with the first item, I could not find one with the second item.
Does anyone know an app that does this?
Old 2015-10-19, 11:03   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

The reason you can't find one with the second item is because most light novel PDFs scan the pages in as images, not as text. Wrapping text is easy, wrapping an image would involve the app either dismantling it or using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on the image on the fly and converting the image text that way, which few apps are sophisticated enough to do.

I'm thinking of Japanese LN PDFs, btw. Maybe English ones work differently.
Old 2015-10-20, 12:01   Link #3
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
I`m looking for a android app reader to read the light novels PDFs that:
- Allows to read the pdf with black background with white letters.
- Doesnt need to scroll to the right or left, the paragraphs get more lines by placing what supposed to be at the sides below when you zoom them so that we can read them just by scrolling up and down.(this one might sound confusing so I made one example below)Each line would only have the length of the screen.
Example:
This paragraph:

If you zoom it in the app,not just would it increase the size of the letters but also do something like this:

In a way that each line would fit in the phone`s screen so that the reaader doesnt need to scroll to the sides,only up and down.

Althought I found apps with the first item, I could not find one with the second item.
Does anyone know an app that does this?
If you want text reflow which is the second feature you want, it is better to convert your PDFs to epubs.

There are apps that do what you want like Repligo reader or adobe reader but the result is not as good as say... The bakareader Android app
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote