AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 47 46.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-25, 16:48   Link #61
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

no hints from the beginning? oO errm... lots of people were expecting this with the clues you know...

and, you do realise that even in winter, snow can just melt ?

anyway, i'm wondering how veteran kanonite are feeling the revelations pace. i heard feedbacks from several veteran that it was slow compared to TOEI version. (if it's not too spoilerish, i'll try to watch this... if possible XD. but it appears really respectable, while you know that TOEI version is completely compressed and delivered right away)

frankly, the story had to cut short the "peaceful-funny-flirt period" one moment or another. we have reached the 1/3 of the serie people, makoto isn't finished yet, and we still have 4 girls to go so...
Old 2006-11-25, 17:21   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked having the truth presented to me this way. This makes it more of a tragedy, in the classical sense of the term, since you know something bad is going to happen and there is nothing at all you can do about it but watch it happen. I suspect that the producers feel okay about doing it this way because they know that a sizeable proportion of their Japanese audience knows the story inside-out anyway.

And I love Ayu, but not having her in this episode is not a bad thing at all. I was delighted to be able to concentrate on Makoto, who finally sealed her place in my heart. I'm among those who gave this episode a 10: for story, emotion and animation, in particular. And Sugita Tomokazu's Yuuichi is really getting great: he's softening a bit, which suits me, and becoming, as people have said, that parental, onii-chan-like figure. His desire to protect and care for the girls is another thing that strengthens this show's moe. As if it needed strengthening.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-25, 21:17   Link #63
Merridew

Quote:
-wtf green grass??? I will assume it's some sort of magic.
I think that's the point. I think that the green grass in a snowy landscape makes you think that there's something magical about it. That's why every time it's been shown, the grass is green (except for the first ep with Nayuki and Yuuichi). And at night when Yuuichi finds Makoto there, the greenish glow gives this magical feeling.
Old 2006-11-25, 22:53   Link #64
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

But there's a Makoto path in the game, right? So even if it doesn't happen in the 'true' path, is she saved then? =/
Old 2006-11-25, 23:51   Link #65
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Which is not to say the rest of this episode falls short. It doesn't; despite Mishio's resemblance to a Nagato-type alien terminal, the grief certainly shows through in just the correct way. Props to whoever the voice actress for her was.
Whoever she was? For god sake its Maaya Sakamoto! Well she doesn't have many outstanding roles (the heroine from Escaflowne for example) but she sings enough openings and ending from other series for her voice to ring a bell (Tsubasa Chronicle's ED, RahXephon OP, Wolf's rain ED, Escaflowne's OP)
Old 2006-11-26, 00:01   Link #66
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Amano is not Nagato! I will definitely say that.

Yuiichi's feelings I can somewhat understand as my family owned numerous dogs, mostly before I was born and the last all the way till I was close to the end of my elementary school years. The fates that befell a few of them weren't as good as I would have liked them to have today... and that is nowhere near the kind of situation people with exotic pet have to go through, such as having a fox. They really do see themselves as part of the family, as do you if you love them, and it becomes that much more painful to see them leave your life or... to be faced with having to part with them. I am quite empathic towards Amano and Yuiichi's viewpoints as a result.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-11-26, 01:24   Link #67
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. It kind of surprises me that people thought the truth was rushed or was too blunt. Oh the eye, the eye....

The truth is as the truth does. This was how it was done in both anime and game, but I truly do love it this way. The helplessness one feels at not being able to do anything, but watch as a loved one grows weaker and weaker day by day makes it all the more tragic (at least in my opinion).

Well.... Heh heh... There were hints given on Makoto's nature as an animal. I'll just point out the more obvious hints. Anyone else who cares to fill in any missed ones (I'll probably miss some for sure...) may do so...

Spoiler for Not a spoiler, just to shorten the post:

Heh heh. That's a bit. Basically, a few things to look back upon.

Well, Klashikari. As another Kanon veteran, I can say I'm pretty good with the pacing (it took longer in the game mind you) and can say that the introductory stages were done well, very well in truth. Now that Makoto's arc is on the move. I can say that the pacing is still fine (at least in my opinion...).

EDIT: Ah. And if there is some confusion with the miracle Mishio mentioned, I shall clear it up. Makoto's becoming human is that flickering, momentary miracle. For that, Makoto exchanged two things so as to see Yuuichi and meet him... Her memory..... and her life...

Last edited by New/Old; 2006-11-26 at 01:57.
Old 2006-11-26, 03:33   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Same here.. I'm absolutely fine with the pacing. Of course TOEI was faster paced.... it had half the episodes to work and and truncated most of the storylines to make it fit.

Lets see... Reader's Digest? (or Cliff Notes if you've no idea what RD is about) or actual book? .... hmmmm, duh.
Old 2006-11-26, 09:47   Link #69
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I sorta guessed it from how socially inept and "childish" Makoto behaves, as though she's been cut off from human civilization. Not to mention the way she bounces around so agilely when Kyon dumped the konyakku into her.

Despite that, one can feel the angst rising when they come to the same conclusion as Yuuichi that Makoto isn't human, and her apparition would come at a heavy cost, as Mishio (wonderfully voiced by Sakamoto Maaya) pointed out. Without the angst, Kanon wouldn't be what it is best known for, a "naki-ge" (tear-inducing game).
Old 2006-11-26, 10:12   Link #70
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

There's also the part in episode 5 where Makoto wipes the crumbs from her face with the back of her hand then proceeds to lick it off, very animal like there too.
Old 2006-11-26, 14:46   Link #71
Minoto

Since nobody's mentioned this yet:

Old 2006-11-26, 14:54   Link #72
New/Old
Old to the New

The first picture struck dejavu in me. Like I saw one the people in that picture somewhere in Kanon 2006.... Hmm... Gotta look over things...
Old 2006-11-26, 14:56   Link #73
Pakxenon
popcorn

I guess the problem for me is that I didn't expect any magic out of this series (or I didn't think much of it since I was so immersed in the daily life of Yuuichi and the moe XD). After this arc, I'll be on the lookout for the clues. =D
Old 2006-11-26, 15:28   Link #74
Cloud Strife
~Uguu!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto View Post
Since nobody's mentioned this yet:

Look at the 'real' Makoto (the older girl) in Yuuichi's flashback. Then look at Minoto's first picture from AIR.

MISUZU CAMEO = MISUZU KAMIO

Last edited by Cloud Strife; 2006-11-26 at 15:43.
Old 2006-11-26, 15:45   Link #75
New/Old
Old to the New

So they managed to slip it in after all. Heh heh. So that's where the dejavu comes from... My forgetful comes back to haunt me. Heh heh.
Old 2006-11-26, 15:54   Link #76
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post
I guess the problem for me is that I didn't expect any magic out of this series (or I didn't think much of it since I was so immersed in the daily life of Yuuichi and the moe XD). After this arc, I'll be on the lookout for the clues. =D
that ain't magic... foxes and tanukis just take forms of humans... donchya know
Old 2006-11-26, 16:03   Link #77
Minoto

You know, I didn't even think about that...I was just focusing on the ice cream. Personally, my theory is that if / when they slip in an AIR cameo, it will be short, but direct and obvious, like the Kanon cameo in AIR was. Still, those two figures do look remarkably similar...
Old 2006-11-26, 17:25   Link #78
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah, they do look similar. There goes any hopes of seeing Misuzu walk by with Yukito.
Old 2006-11-26, 18:05   Link #79
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
all i can say the Fox the fox i love Kanon
Old 2006-11-26, 18:37   Link #80
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
Look at the 'real' Makoto (the older girl) in Yuuichi's flashback. Then look at Minoto's first picture from AIR.

MISUZU CAMEO = MISUZU KAMIO
*shock* that got my heart racing...but it cant be true as yuuichi is calling the "girl" makoto which obviously isnt it in Air...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread