AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-28, 18:56   Link #421
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think Rina is motivated to help the company at all. She's more selfish, as we've seen with her relationship with her brother.

And as for Touya forgetting about the meeting place.. it was 5:30am when he got the phone call about the change. lol.
Old 2009-01-28, 21:16   Link #422
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Women are weird. This is a lesson you'd best learn as soon as possible.
In real life? Generally speaking, actually no. Women usually look for the provider, not slacker. People may have eccentricities, but the thought process is still fairly clear. And I've had plenty of real-life experience to back this up.

I know this is an anime, so I don't expect real-life scenarios, but at least I want to "like" Touya and think he's a good person despite his flaws. And I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

Its an anime no ? yes ? what ?
But even thought its an anime , there are some people like him in real life and some girls like this type of men its all !
So you think all is perfect ? you are good to all things in the life ? you didn't do somethings wrong ?
if he's mediocrity then its fine , its not bad or very retarded .
So what are Touya's good points? I made the second point as a follow-up to my first statement. Please don't ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
He made the bonds with Yuki, Haruka, and Misaki in the past, for reasons we haven't seen. But if we go back to the first couple of episodes, we do see a kind of free spirit, with his declaimed soliloquies and his concept of goddesses. And a woman, or any human, kind of likes it when you call them a god(dess).
I really hope this is the case, I'm just pointing out that so far, he's not showing much.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 18:40   Link #423
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

NOOOOOOOOO!!! Dont become makoto, touya

my nice boat sydrome is kicking
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 07:16   Link #424
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

First , i didn't say , Touya is a perfect guy (no one is perfect ) , and we can't classify if someone is good , bad , average ...... people got some qualities and some default its like that , its the life .
Me , my opinion :
Touya love Yuki , she is his "everyday" , he only focus on her .
Touya wants more times with Yuki . He wants to see her . He cares about her .
But he didn't care about the others girls , well i think its normal if Yuki is only his lover ...
well , i remember he was dreaming and he saw Rina . But it didn't say he feels something .
Oh , yeah , he should buy a mobile phone
Remember , its just an anime .

meh ==> you had a plenty of real experience but remember there are different type , character , women in the world , and especially in each country , there are differents , so its your point of view for your country .
Ex : In my country , there are different women , the most popular women like boys who doing some sports and are beautifuls , some women like interesting boys who is hilarious and you never get boring , some women like the boys who act like a strong guy .....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 10:41   Link #425
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
NOOOOOOOOO!!! Dont become makoto, touya

my nice boat sydrome is kicking
resist even mentioning something like that in here.
Old 2009-01-30, 11:13   Link #426
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Rina-chan (from new Megami 106 issue) :

Old 2009-01-30, 11:44   Link #427
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post

what a gorgeous image Pellissier thanks thanks for the eye candy. Thats definitely siggy material
Old 2009-01-30, 12:14   Link #428
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
He made the bonds with Yuki, Haruka, and Misaki in the past, for reasons we haven't seen. But if we go back to the first couple of episodes, we do see a kind of free spirit, with his declaimed soliloquies and his concept of goddesses. And a woman, or any human, kind of likes it when you call them a god(dess).
I get the feeling that Touya's relationships with these girls are fairly shallow though (I mean, that's what we've seen so far, which is why one gets the feeling that the only reason he's involved with all these women is just because he happens to be there), which probably explains why they're all in varying states of decay. It's entirely plausible that their shared past is the only thing that keeps Touya as friends with Haruka and Misaki, and a lover to Yuki.

Quote:
I may be proved wrong in a couple of days, but my feeling is that Rina isn't after him in that way, but is looking for ways to manipulate him for the good of her company, either by making Yuki happy with her boyfriend, or by getting rid of the boyfriend altogether. I think our expectation that she is romantically interested in him is misdirection on the part of the staff. So far.
Well, that, and because it's par for the course for this genre.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 17:13   Link #429
Mentar
Banned

Shallow? Decay? Where do you get this from? Some examples would help?

The way I see it, Haruka and Misaki are very good friends to him, and in fact poised to deepen their relationships if they could. Which is the opposite of decay, and I disagree with the "shallow" notion aswell - unless you want to measure them against the level of a lover. But that would be kinda inappropriate, wouldn't it?

With Yuki I can accept the "decay" level, I agree with you there (regardless of Yuki's actions at the end of ep4). And I guess "shallow" is defensible too, though I consider the term slightly misleading. I'd say it's clearly visible that Yuki is very important to Touya - his desire to stay close to her is genuine and not shallow. What indeed is shallow is their level of communication and consequently their understanding of each other. Is that what you mean?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 19:28   Link #430
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:

Very NICE pic!

Thing is... was Zettai Ryouiki even 'on fashion' during the 80's in Japan? XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 20:20   Link #431
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Shallow? Decay? Where do you get this from? Some examples would help?

The way I see it, Haruka and Misaki are very good friends to him, and in fact poised to deepen their relationships if they could. Which is the opposite of decay, and I disagree with the "shallow" notion aswell - unless you want to measure them against the level of a lover. But that would be kinda inappropriate, wouldn't it?

With Yuki I can accept the "decay" level, I agree with you there (regardless of Yuki's actions at the end of ep4). And I guess "shallow" is defensible too, though I consider the term slightly misleading. I'd say it's clearly visible that Yuki is very important to Touya - his desire to stay close to her is genuine and not shallow. What indeed is shallow is their level of communication and consequently their understanding of each other. Is that what you mean?
Well the relationship with Yuki was the one I was talking about more than the others, and the anime has taken great pains to show that it's pretty much on its last legs. Even if, for whatever reason, they do want to be with each other, if the only thing that's keeping them together is their past then they won't last.

The reason I call his relationships with Haruka and Misaki shallow is simply because, from the audience's point of view, we don't know anything about them, so the only reason one could think as to why Haruka especially (Misaki less so) could be romantically interested in Touya is because he happens to be there. It might be a starting point for a relationship, but it's not a recipe for a lasting one. There's obviously stuff that happened in their past that we don't know about at this stage, but my question at this point is, if Touya and Yuki's relationship is in such bad shape, what would prevent the same thing happening if Touya were to date either Haruka or Misaki.

If we take what we've seen to its logical conclusions, then it's not completely far fetched to think that he could date all these girls and have all these relationships end up in failure. One could see the headline: "Guy dates ALL his childhood friends and Japan's biggest idol. All relationships fail because guy is jerk. Movie at 11." If that's essentially what happens at the end of this anime, then I'd be calling it shallow for different reasons. By they can't just give us a relationship at the end and tell us it'll work without showing us that there's something more lasting or meaningful to the bond that they share than was the case for Touya and Yuki (yes, I'm already assuming that they'll break up before the series' end). That'd just be poor storytelling.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 21:18   Link #432
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Very NICE pic!

Thing is... was Zettai Ryouiki even 'on fashion' during the 80's in Japan? XD
If I remember the sentai series of that time period very well, I don't think so. Even animated series of that decade did not feature them.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 04:35   Link #433
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Think the important lesson to learn from episode 4 is that when someone knocks you down you better run fast. In this case the poor loli couldn't escape and got dragged into things with Touya . Been a while since I saw someone get called an idiot that many times in an episode. Overall I've felt pretty neutral toward Touya. This episode just made me feel a bit negative toward the guy.

Anyways the relationship with Yuki is in some trouble. Think memory and communication may really hurt them. Neither of them really informed the other about where they are living. Touya's case its a bit strange since he didn't just move there or anything.

Bit late but did get some thoughts up on the episode.

Quote:

Definitely a really nice picture .
Old 2009-01-31, 10:48   Link #434
Julius Firefocht

Quote:

This picture is too hot for my moniter. More from where that came from, I say!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 14:59   Link #435
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ba... BAKANA... Mana didn't get even a single appearance... How can this be... *coughs out blood*

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-01-31 at 15:30.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 17:11   Link #436
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Enjoyed ep5 a lot. I thought I didn't understand enough of the conversation, but from what serenade_beta says, I guess I did. I especially liked the bit before the OP. This is the show this season that gives me the emotional tightness in my chest that is my favorite thing about good drama. But the show is so strange that I'm still not sure whether it's "good" or not. In a weird way, it's like Touka Gettan, where it took many episodes to really know what was going on. Learn something new every episode.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 01:25   Link #437
Peanutbutter

What the hell!?!?!

That's all I have for Ep 5.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 08:00   Link #438
apr
Pedestrian

I love this show. It's like watching a flower open to the sun.
Except it's winter. And everyone's gloomy.

The mystery of the cupboard is revealed! And I was right! Well, one of my infinite theories. I knew there was something about that door sound. Wonder what that crypto is.
Old 2009-02-01, 15:53   Link #439
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

For those of you wondering what the heck Yuki wrote in the strange encrypted note written in numbers....

It's a 80s thing. You see, people used to send messages using pagers (Pocket Bells).
Here's the table for the codes.

However, the last 01004 doesn't apply to this code list.
It comes from pager abbriviations based on phonetic reading of the numbers, for often-used phrase or places (such as train stations)
0 from 丸 (circle) and reads "ma", 10 from english number ten and reads "te", 4 for chinese number sì and reads "su".

It was annoyingly inefficient system, but it was a fad during the pocket bell (pager) era.
Old 2009-02-01, 16:17   Link #440
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It was annoyingly inefficient system, but it was a fad during the pocket bell (pager) era.
Amusingly, some 2ch fellow pointed out that pagers didn't come with displays (in Japan?) until 1988, two years after this episode takes place. I think. I should have paid more attention to that part of the thread.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen