AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-28, 19:10   Link #81
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm...well, I have only read the available manga chs (which cover through vol one and touch a bit into vol two), and I did not really get much of a feel for any of the character's voices, but it is emphasized that Bell is a young, idealistic and innocent male there.

To be honest the story itself did not appeal overmuch to me, but it was especially bad per se...just...I dunno...kinda lukewarm, I guess. (I hear the novels are better, though.)

I enjoy sword and sorcery stuff generally, though, so I may give this one a try at least. Maybe the VA for Bell will work out really nicely by bringing aspects to the character we had not anticipated or such? Hmm. Well, we'll see, I guess. Maybe if more pv's come out it will help me get a clearer image....
If by "lukewarm," you mean lacking in depth and stakes then I would suggest you try out Aiz's side stories. The author himself has tsukkomi'd that sometimes he doesn't know who the main character is since Aiz has more to do with the evil conspiracies.

In other news, with the PV we have been guaranteed 3 volumes.
Old 2015-01-03, 04:40   Link #82
zztop

The character designs resemble the characters from the last Yozakura Quartet anime, and the recent Ai Tenchi Muyo minisode series. Is the artist the same person?
Old 2015-01-03, 04:43   Link #83
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The character designs resemble the characters from the last Yozakura Quartet anime, and the recent Ai Tenchi Muyo minisode series. Is the artist the same person?
Suzuhito Yasuda designed the characters for all of those shows, so yes, you're correct.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2015-01-03, 04:51   Link #84
RDNexus

Check in AniDB, you'll easily find all series in which that guy took part.
He's been in a roll as of late, just like Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Kirito's VA.
Old 2015-01-03, 08:23   Link #85
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Suzuhito Yasuda designed the characters for all of those shows, so yes, you're correct.
Ah, so he also designed Durarara's characters!!

Having seen the LN/manga art, Yasuda's designs for the main deities (like Hestia) are pretty nice. Although I'd have preferred he incorporated more cultural elements into their designs; ie. Greek-style accessories/patterns on Hestia's clothes. It would give more contrast to the JRPG designs of the other characters.

(Ex. Yone Kazuki's designs for the god-forms of Kamigami no Asobi's boys. It gives both fanservice and traditional culture at once!)
Old 2015-01-03, 08:40   Link #86
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Ah, so he also designed Durarara's characters!!

Having seen the LN/manga art, Yasuda's designs for the main deities (like Hestia) are pretty nice. Although I'd have preferred he incorporated more cultural elements into their designs; ie. Greek-style accessories/patterns on Hestia's clothes. It would give more contrast to the JRPG designs of the other characters.

(Ex. Yone Kazuki's designs for the god-forms of Kamigami no Asobi's boys. It gives both fanservice and traditional culture at once!)
Just went through Google to check on that... Yep, it was a smart move.
There could be designs of that kind for female deities as well... Not because of the fanservice, believe me.
Old 2015-01-04, 14:21   Link #87
Iron Maw
Banned

Well, I just finished vol 3 and that was fun!

Structurally this book isn't any different from the first two, it still doesn't have much of a plot, characters are still fairly shallow yet likeable enough and in book still exudes a bit of the "side-story" feel the first two books had rather than a "grand adventure" at least in the traditional sense of the word. With that said what more enjoyable to me we finally got some progress in one specific relationship, some solid character development and awesome fight at the end. Vol 3 is definitely going to make a great stopping point for adaptation not just because of that battle, but due how everything come backs in full circle to vol 1. It going give the anime a really good of sense advancement that would have otherwise lacked.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-01-04 at 15:21.
Old 2015-01-04, 14:31   Link #88
RDNexus

There may be a chance of it going 2-cours?
Old 2015-01-04, 15:12   Link #89
Iron Maw
Banned

Unlikely, unless the staff plans to stretch vol 1-4 out. Usually by the time an adaptation has been officially announced the studio has long since planned the number books to animate based on what was release on that time. So any volumes that came at the end of 2013-2014 normally wouldn't make the cut due to time.
Old 2015-01-19, 00:36   Link #90
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-anime-op-song

Oh JC Staff. Stop teasing.
Old 2015-01-19, 00:41   Link #91
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I can only laugh. That's all I can do. ;_;
Old 2015-01-22, 19:25   Link #92
Top Sergeant

Picked up the first volume of the LN at Barnes & Noble and very much enjoyed it. I am definitely looking forward to this anime in April!
Old 2015-01-22, 19:57   Link #93
Miraluka
Banned

I heard the PV for her single... wonder which will be the Op theme....
Old 2015-01-22, 20:05   Link #94
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Is there a link or was this broadcast?
Old 2015-01-23, 05:36   Link #95
Miraluka
Banned

I followed the links in dungeon website.
Old 2015-01-23, 10:17   Link #96
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Thanks... hmm still think she'd be better fit for ED.
DanMachi Stage confirmed for AnimeJapan2015 on March 22nd
Quote:
3/21(土)~22(日)に実施される「AnimeJapan2015」にて、
「ダンまち」のステージの実施が決定いたしました!

【ステージ名】
『ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか』
放送直前スペシャルステージ

【出演】
松岡禎丞、水瀬いのり、大西沙織、内田真礼 予定

【日程】
3/22(日) 12:05~12:40予定

【場所】
AnimeJapan2015 Blueステージ

※ステージイベントに参加するためには、
 事前にステージ観覧への抽選応募が必要です。
※ステージ観覧の応募には、
 「事前販売 入場券(ステージ観覧抽選応募権付き)」
 の購入が必要となります。

AnimeJapan2015の入場券購入についてなどは
下記AnimeJapan2015公式サイトをご確認ください。
http://www.anime-japan.jp/

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2015-01-23 at 11:48.
Old 2015-02-27, 01:26   Link #97
The One Above God
Kamijou

I'm really getting more and more worried about how Bell will appear to be in the anime. I mean, Kirito's voice just doesn't seem to fit him at all. I think Yuki Kaji, Natsuki Hanae, or maybe even Nobuhiko Okamoto would fit him better.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2015-03-05, 23:43   Link #98
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Lol @Based JC STaff. Also, I'm still hyped as ever for this show. I've been excited for this for a while... it's just like a better ... well I better not make that comparison...

Edit:

I think Kirito's VA is actually really good at also sounding meek protagonists as well as assertive ones. I've heard some very extensive different VA'ing from him. He's honestly one of my favorite male VA's, so I'm expecting very good things from him...

Edit:

That PV was amazing. I'm now so, so excited. This should be great. I love the animation, character designs... and the limited selection of voices we heard. Hmm... the best part was Bell ...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2015-03-07, 09:39   Link #99
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I heard the PV for her single... wonder which will be the Op theme....
None of them. It said that her fourth untitled single will be the OP. There were only three in that PV and they were all named.

Quote:
Nice. Yuka Iguchi's got a nice track record so I'm expecting great things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol @Based JC STaff. Also, I'm still hyped as ever for this show. I've been excited for this for a while... it's just like a better ... well I better not make that comparison...

Edit:

I think Kirito's VA is actually really good at also sounding meek protagonists as well as assertive ones. I've heard some very extensive different VA'ing from him. He's honestly one of my favorite male VA's, so I'm expecting very good things from him...

Edit:

That PV was amazing. I'm now so, so excited. This should be great. I love the animation, character designs... and the limited selection of voices we heard. Hmm... the best part was Bell ...
This guy does not sound like a 14 year-old kid.

Last edited by bakato; 2015-03-07 at 10:05.
Old 2015-03-07, 13:12   Link #100
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
None of them. It said that her fourth untitled single will be the OP. There were only three in that PV and they were all named.

Nice. Yuka Iguchi's got a nice track record so I'm expecting great things.

This guy does not sound like a 14 year-old kid.
Kirito was 14 at the beginning of SAO, we had to go through like, five or six episodes before he was 15, and then 16. Leave Matsuoka alone... For now. Let's wait until the first episode airs to judge.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, dungeons, gods