AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 20:37   Link #1
Kazu
Flowing

Which anime/manga do you think has the best style of clothes?

Well as the title suggest what anime/manga do you think has the best satyle of clothes

I personally think the Beck manga has the best along with air gear

In Beck I honestly don't see much people wear clothes like that anymore, well in Chibas case gansters do
I don't have any air gear pics yet but check out the manga they wear some pretty cool stuff

I'll put up pics later I don't know why my pics aren't showing

Some these artist should really sell they're own brands of clothes
Old 2010-04-08, 10:46   Link #2
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

NANA and Paradise Kiss. Even someone like me who knows pretty much nothing about fashion could see that the mangaka is heavily into that.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 11:26   Link #3
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Are we talking about characters with trendy clothes or detailed and interesting clothes in general? Because the clothes and artistic way of making each frame in the RG Veda manga, the first work of CLAMP, surpasses most of the ephemeral fashion fads I see anywhere else.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 18:02   Link #4
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Code Geass I think Clamp did a lovely job on the character designs and clothes
Adarshan no Hanayome and Kyo Kara Maoh I love robes/outfits like that.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 20:40   Link #5
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Some these artist should really sell they're own brands of clothes
The key word is some. The problem is that many things look great on screen for various reasons including that everyone is wearing similar things, the items look edgy, or it is a re-hash of a previously stylish look. However, they don't translate over to the real world.

You get one yahoo wearing something on the street out of one of these series, and he may end up looking like an idiot... case in point... Tidus' clothes from FFX. They only worked because everyone else was wearing ridiculous, bright clothing. Granted it's a video game, but I think my argument transfers. Remember when his duds were for sale? Sorry, just my opinion but a bad idea fashion-wise (and granted I know squat about fashion), but it was a reasonable business venture as apparantly the market was there.

All that being said though, there are a few things I've seen that I would want no matter what anyone else says... and I have a few close friends who have raked me over the coals for a few of my choices. I promise, if I saw these pieces for sale, I'd buy them.

The item I would most like to have would be a professionally done version of Holo's "tail belt" with ring (not some bobo, rip-off, cosplay version... of which there are plenty).
Of course, that is the same item I have gotten the most heat about from my friends.

I would totally pimp that thing in clinic with a tie that would go well with it! I'd make it work.

As for the what series has the best... I really can't say. There are so many different genres that it is hard for me to compare them without taking into consideration multiple, multiple factors!!!
Old 2010-04-09, 21:46   Link #6
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I got to say Oh! My Goddess Belldandy's clothes at the beginning
Old 2010-04-09, 23:02   Link #7
GreatTeacherKen

Rozen Maiden- I like Gothic Lolita fashion, so this series is like fanservice for me.

Shugo Chara- I like pretty much all of Amu's outfits.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 00:27   Link #8
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Mahou Kishi Rayearth - the designs of the armors, weapons, and clothing were really unique, stylish, and original in my opinion.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 01:07   Link #9
Kazu
Flowing

Post some pics!

some from Beck

Spoiler for Beck:

I seriously don't see people dress like that often well maybe that girl on the right in the first pic
Old 2010-04-10, 06:36   Link #10
Sciel
Etoilé

If you can look past the moeblobs , the clothes in K-on are pretty cute IMO.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 07:05   Link #11
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Jackets with tail coats. Stylish without looking like gaudy makeup rags. Must be worn by either protagonist, some kind of character I can't hate, or the antagonist.

I also like stylish coats in general. I also like unique clothing that molds the character, along with dresses or casual wear.

Code Geass R1 and R2 have some pretty nice clothing, but I like Beck's clothing and Shugo Chara as well.

Clothing makes a character, imho. You put them into something that doesn't fit them and they end up all messed up or misinterpreted. Of course, this only sometimes happens. Clothing should be stylish for said character, that also tells their rank or role in the story.

Clothing needs to be stylish and befitting for the character

All I ask is for unique, original and stylish clothing with coat tails or a coat tail in general. Why? When a character does acrobatics or w/e it looks cool. You know that dramatic wind usually done? Twice as cool.

....Also, if there has to be uniform or battle wear, that has to be stylish and practical as well.

...Which is why I like Code Geass. The Devicer Suits are like da shizz... and stuff.

Personally? I think Ergo Proxy has some nice clothing in it.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 07:05   Link #12
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I agree that KyoAni's clothes sets always are the most unique from episodes to episodes. It's amazing how many sets of clothes were used for each series

Manga... there are two mangas that i personally found the clothes are really well designed, "Manga no Tsukurikata" and "Alice Quarter". The second one is about a clothes' design quarter, so it's kind of expected (Seriously, chapter 00 really looked like a fashion catalog...)
Old 2010-04-10, 09:05   Link #13
Leo Keichi

I like the goddesses' clothes of Aa! Megami-sama a lot. It's not the kind of clothes you would be wearing on the streets, though.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:14   Link #14
james0246

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Tite Kubo's Bleach. I've been to fashion shows before and Kubo's cover page pictures are extraordinarily similar to what you will find at such gala events.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 16:46   Link #15
Uchiha Soul

i'll go with Ai Yazawa works: (Nana, Paradise Kiss, Princess Ai, Kagen no Tsuki, etc)
her fashions are perfect.
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 17:25   Link #16
Xion Valkyrie

Air GEAR.

Oh! Great's clothing design is just totally weird, but still cool enough to actually wear.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 19:51   Link #17
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?

KyoAni does do justice in the area of clothes so my personal favorite is Lucky Star (sorta bias though)

But the most unique is CCS (CardCaptor Sakura). The outfits that Sakura wear when she hunt for those CRAZY cards (ignore the crazy) are REALLY unique (and what I mean by unique is weird and "wtf is she doing flying around town with a clown suit on.")
kuro341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 21:15   Link #18
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Wow, sixteen posts and nobody said Strike Witches. I'm impressed.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 22:02   Link #19
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

xxxHolic. Their clothing plus the art style make for pleasurable viewing
Old 2010-04-10, 22:09   Link #20
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
I like the goddesses' clothes of Aa! Megami-sama a lot. It's not the kind of clothes you would be wearing on the streets, though.
I like Kosuke's style when it comes to draw clothes for the girls in AMG! yet, I feel he is at his best when he makes the girls wear casual clothing instead of the goddesses ones.